Cowboys Bounce on a Draw

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
there is something wrong with that team

think of the talent around Dak:

two good RBs (with Pollard being better)
three good WRs, with one (Lamb) being very good
a dependable TE
an O-line with a very good LT and RG

and yet.......

is it Dak? is it coaching?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

a dependable TE

and yet.......

Zeke is washed.

Lamb is just good. He ain’t “very good”.

Part of it is definitely Dak tho

But then beating up their trash division makes them look better than they are

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

a dependable TE

and yet.......

Both Dak & the HC are VERY overrated.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Both Dak & the HC are VERY overrated.
I would have to agree with that. The HC didn't have the team ready to play and clearly has done nothing to address the bad penalties. dak, was poor for most of the game. when he's down in games or up in games, he plays significantly better. but in close, level games, he is too up and down with his play. he takes a lot of sacks and holds the ball too much. he missed a lot of open receivers today. I like dak and commend him for recovering from that injury and having the season that he had, but I don't think he is anywhere near the level of the elite QB's in the game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Zeke is washed.

Lamb is just good. He ain’t “very good”.

Part of it is definitely Dak tho

But then beating up their trash division makes them look better than they are
can't argue this, Elliott's best days are way over, but he gets hit in the backfield too often. he is a good blocker, but that's not what they pay him all that money to do. Lamb has too many drops. and Tyron Smith is not the player he used to be. the rest of the O-line is also not very good.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Two points on the Dallas/Niners game:

1. Niners won despite Garoppolo. Can't throw a pick in that situation so late in the game. Just a throw a loser makes. And not waiting for your player to get set before hiking ball on 4th and 1, especially coming out of a time out with not being rushed at all by a game clock. Just totally stupid, and something a loser does. I like Jimmy, but those to errors in such a big game is just inexcusable and would get some QBs traded or released.

2. Dallas actually did get hosed on that last play, and I will tell you why. True, you can blame the player who picked up ball for not handing to the ref to spot. However, did you see the replay of where that official was at the end of the QB's run? He was at least 17-20 yards away, behind the line of scrimmage where QB slid down. Why and what the hell was he doing way back there when play was over? After seeing that tonight in replay, I have to blame that once again on the refs incompetence and being involved in deciding a playoff game.

It seems that every single year during the playoffs two things happen. A refs bad call or incorrect decision decides an important last minute play that hurts a team, &/or the refs end up not being able to review a play/situation that is wrong and could have decided a game. This playoff season, already during week 1, we have a ref not being in position to spot the ball which cost the cowboys a chance to win, and a TD awarded to the Bengals after a whistle blew, with the game ending with Bengals winning by 7.

Each year after playoffs the league makes changes to prevent errors from happening again, especially in the area of what is reviewable and what isn't. They will never cover all scenarios, and thus need only to allow refs to use their discretion in reviewing any part of a play that may change a wrongful or missed call that could effect the outcome of a game. They already have discretion in calling or not calling every foul, PI, fumble, and holding call. So what is the big deal about giving them the discretion to call for a replay in any questionable decision or action. It's just common sense, especially in the playoffs. Use the technology to get it right. That's all the fans want. Get it right.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, how utterly stupid can you be. I absolutely love the heart break of it! Because, as much as I hate the Whiners, I LOATHE the Cowgirls.

I was getting ready to laugh and then my whole vibe started to change.

I remember us running an option play on 3rd and 18 and then punting on 4th down with the playoffs on the line last year. Ugh

Beat the Rams tomorrow so I can truly laugh about this.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two points on the Dallas/Niners game:

1. Niners won despite Garoppolo. Can't throw a pick in that situation so late in the game. Just a throw a loser makes. And not waiting for your player to get set before hiking ball on 4th and 1, especially coming out of a time out with not being rushed at all by a game clock. Just totally stupid, and something a loser does. I like Jimmy, but those to errors in such a big game is just inexcusable and would get some QBs traded or released.

2. Dallas actually did get hosed on that last play, and I will tell you why. True, you can blame the player who picked up ball for not handing to the ref to spot. However, did you see the replay of where that official was at the end of the QB's run? He was at least 17-20 yards away, behind the line of scrimmage where QB slid down. Why and what the hell was he doing way back there when play was over? After seeing that tonight in replay, I have to blame that once again on the refs incompetence and being involved in deciding a playoff game.

It seems that every single year during the playoffs two things happen. A refs bad call or incorrect decision decides an important last minute play that hurts a team, &/or the refs end up not being able to review a play/situation that is wrong and could have decided a game. This playoff season, already during week 1, we have a ref not being in position to spot the ball which cost the cowboys a chance to win, and a TD awarded to the Bengals after a whistle blew, with the game ending with Bengals winning by 7.

Each year after playoffs the league makes changes to prevent errors from happening again, especially in the area of what is reviewable and what isn't. They will never cover all scenarios, and thus need only to allow refs to use their discretion in reviewing any part of a play that may change a wrongful or missed call that could effect the outcome of a game. They already have discretion in calling or not calling every foul, PI, fumble, and holding call. So what is the big deal about giving them the discretion to call for a replay in any questionable decision or action. It's just common sense, especially in the playoffs. Use the technology to get it right. That's all the fans want. Get it right.
Yea. This is true. The ref was nowhere in sight by the time Dak slid. He needed to be hauling his you know what in order to get to that football.

At the very least he could have did them a solid by not moving the football back. Not like that yard would have made much of a difference in that situation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yea. This is true. The ref was nowhere in sight by the time Dak slid. He needed to be hauling his you know what in order to get to that football.

At the very least he could have did them a solid by not moving the football back. Not like that yard would have made much of a difference in that situation.

Dak started his slide right inside the 25. The line judge was at the 24 and the center put it down at the 23. The back judge had to spot it back a yard which caused the OL to adjust thus taking too much time. That is why the refs spot the ball because they have radios and know the correct LOS. Cowboys are just dumb for running that play anyway.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Dak started his slide right inside the 25. The line judge was at the 24 and the center put it down at the 23. The back judge had to spot it back a yard which caused the OL to adjust thus taking too much time. That is why the refs spot the ball because they have radios and know the correct LOS. Cowboys are just dumb for running that play anyway.

I liked the play actually and I hated for a few seconds there that the Cowboys would have a play from the 25 or so to win the game. You just never know when cutting it that close what the refs could do to mess up your intentions. It is just a variable you have no control over.

How many times do you see the official right there waiting to quickly spot the ball so the team can spike it? Usually that is the case. Again, why the hell was this official 20 yards back down the field? Niners should send him some flowers on Monday for being so lazy and falling asleep on the job.

I am glad the Niners won, though. Next to the Steelers, I hate the Cowboys most.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the play actually and I hated for a few seconds there that the Cowboys would have a play from the 25 or so to win the game. You just never know when cutting it that close what the refs could do to mess up your intentions. It is just a variable you have no control over.

How many times do you see the official right there waiting to quickly spot the ball so the team can spike it? Usually that is the case. Again, why the hell was this official 20 yards back down the field? Niners should send him some flowers on Monday for being so lazy and falling asleep on the job.

I am glad the Niners won, though. Next to the Steelers, I hate the Cowboys most.
A loser calls that play ;)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
When he first looks over at the countertop, and the walks up to it appearing to be examining for a weapon, I would have already been out that door and down the patio. Looked like someone was going to get smashed with a 14” cast iron or stabbed with a steak knife.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Well then, yesterday was a great day for you, eh Floyd? Here’s hoping today’s even better (with a Cards win)!