Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Its kinda odd how we dont factor Hopkins in this. He was completing 63% of his redzone passes at one point with Hopkins. We simply havent adjusted without him. We're running some plays like Hopkins is still out there and the results have been worse because of it.

We dont do those under center play action passes in redzone to help create throwing lanes. With Hopkins would could rely on talent. Now we really need to use misdirection. Hard play fakes and getting Kyler on the run.
The factor Hopkins was existed because he was most of the time the receiver Murray wanted to throw to. It made little difference what the others did. Hopkins catch radius and 50-50 ball skills meant Murray’s ball placement was less critical. Adjusting without Hopkins would have meant a skill improvement on Murray’s part that hasn’t been forthcoming. They waited too long to put Murray under center and his fakes aren’t deceptive and need more work. I do agree putting him on the move would help. Misdirection only works when it looks real. Again not a developed talent; especially true of the linemen.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Going to start "2023 Cardinals Head Coach Options" thread after tomorrow night

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While its good we wont be in Green Bay (10 degrees) next week.

It looks like lots of rain in Tampa if we beat the Rams.

Not sure Kyler's ever thrown for 150 yards in heavy rain in his career. Ball slips out of his hands when trying to throw at times.

Still I'll worry about that when the time comes if we win.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don't expect to win this. Hopkins is our best player and is out, Kirk is has been having his annual slump and both Chase, Moore and Conner are likely going to be playing through substantial injury. On top of that this is both Kyler and Kliff's first playoff experience. Unless Kyler becomes a god it could get ugly.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey. They are showing the game on nfl network from the game at LA. And we looked awful In The beginning. They moved the ball got a fg. And then sacked us on 3rd and we had to punt

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I really don't expect to win this. Hopkins is our best player and is out, Kirk is has been having his annual slump and both Chase, Moore and Conner are likely going to be playing through substantial injury. On top of that this is both Kyler and Kliff's first playoff experience. Unless Kyler becomes a god it could get ugly.
I expect a Cardinals victory on LA tomorrow night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA