Wildcard weekend gameday thread 1-15/1-16-2022

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At this time Steelers and Cardinals are the two worst teams remaining in the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garoppolo gonna Garoppolo

Yeah he killed that drive by throwing that ball to Mitchell. I can't fault him for not seeing Kittle the pass rush was right in his face but he has to bury that ball at Mitchells feet an 11 yard loss on a outlet pass killed the drive.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Held us to just 17 last time with Kyler and Hop.

Last game the 49ers were without their safeties, LB's and one or two DLineman last game.

And now playing their best ball. Style wise I'd rather face the depleted Rams secondary and McVay going away from the run.
I mean we still won the games. With just about everyone healthy on their defense in the 1st game.

2nd game, they still had Bosa, Warner, Armstead, Azeez, etc, their best & most important players. They missed Ward, but that was really it. Also had Deebo, Kittle, Trent, & Aiyuk. While we didn’t have QB1, WR1, WR2, OG1, or even Watt.

You can downplay it all you want Sooner but we have that played Shanahan really good even before Kliff got here.

We already played a depleted Rams squad & we still lost. I think you’re being a prisoner of the moment. I promise you would not rather play McVay than Shanahan at anytime lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea because previous wins means you'll automatically win the next time.

We're not nearly as good at home and no I wouldnt want to play the physical 49ers style at home.
Nobody said it guaranteed anything but their “style” isn’t the issue you seem to be making it out to be.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea because previous wins means you'll automatically win the next time.

We're not nearly as good at home and no I wouldnt want to play the physical 49ers style at home.
Also my brother this doesn’t help your point. Despite us being pathetic at home, the 49ers are still one of the teams we’ve beaten. Yea they didn’t have Jimmy but we also didn’t have Kyler in SF either.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kellen Moore going off against the NFC East & NFC South teams really fooled people

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCarthy is ridiculous screaming at the ref for callign the hold on 52 who just grabbed Key spun him and threw him aside. One of teh more obvious holds you will see in an NFL game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Globetrotters?

that was actually a clever play and if he makes a good throw it's an easy first down. But the danger is it's a live ball if it doesn't go out of bounds

The scary thing is they think they NEED to do that in the first quarter tells you they're not very sure they can move the ball

Reactions: PJ1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that was actually a clever play and if he makes a good throw it's an easy first down. But the danger is it's a live ball if it doesn't go out of bounds

The scary thing is they think they NEED to do that in the first quarter tells you they're not very sure they can move the ball
Cowboys are rattled. Can’t execute.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate McCarthy but isn't he right both of those penalties I thought Williams moved before Gregory went offsides?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have seen enough. 49ers are a dangerous team. No one wants to play them including Cowboys in the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was critical if they had made it 17-0 the 49ers would be able to run the ball much more which takes away the 2-3 throws a game where Jimmy throws one to the defense.