Steve Wilks owed no more money from the Cardinals

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In my opinion the Cardinals shouldn’t have had to keep paying him once he got another job. Didn’t he go to the Browns as DC after getting fired in AZ? I wonder if they’re still paying him? “You suck, enjoy these millions of dollars.”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In my opinion the Cardinals shouldn’t have had to keep paying him once he got another job. Didn’t he go to the Browns as DC after getting fired in AZ? I wonder if they’re still paying him? “You suck, enjoy these millions of dollars.”
It all depends on any offset language that was in his original contract.It all depends on any offset language that was in his original contract.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on any offset language that was in his original contract.It all depends on any offset language that was in his original contract.
Goodfellas:

Henry Hill : [narrating] And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice, like, I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.​

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as a first time HC -- in all likelihood Wilks not only had offset language in his contract, but "duty to offset" --

meaning: he had to expend reasonable efforts to find another job

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Wlks hiring was a prime example of "looks good on paper" and a huge disappointment.

To dwell on salaries and other non-football stuff instead of focusing on the ins and outs of the beautiiful game that is football misses the point altogether.

Let the games begin.

Mr. Wilks he gone. Next!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wlks hiring was a prime example of "looks good on paper" and a huge disappointment.

To dwell on salaries and other non-football stuff instead of focusing on the ins and outs of the beautiiful game that is football misses the point altogether.

Let the games begin.

Mr. Wilks he gone. Next!
Especially when it comes to coaches. It isn't like the coach's salary counts against the cap. (Although that would be very interesting if it did)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The roster turnover bothered me, none of our players were what Wilkes wanted on both sides of the ball. Kind of like the mass turnover of depth after whiz lost Denny’s drafts. I remember just throwing away everybody we had invested in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose