Suns @ Raptors Tuesday game thread 1-11-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton is coming back from Covid we’ve seen a ton of athletes take awhile to get all the way back

But I was just having this conversation with my brother. I just don’t trust Booker to be our star.
Uh he was asymptomatic. Said he’s felt done the entire time. That’s just a nonstory.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says it was tough finding the right rotations tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty thought Ayton responded well in the second half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker makes good with Raptors mascot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was an ugly win.

We had - BY FAR - the biggest guys in the court but Ayton, mcgee and stix allowed the raptors to grab virtually every offensive rebound for most of the game (autin grabbed a couple important boards at the end).

Book was dreadful again. This is now concerning imo. He looks slow, he’s missing shots that are normally money for him, and he’s making bad decisions.

My god Bridges is regressing offensively. His play at that end of the floor has been embarrassing lately with poor decision making and tentative moves. I mean, like really ugly bad.

Thank goodness for crowder finally having a mini-hot streak.

Paul was steady if not great. FVV is a tough defender.

Stix was okay on the offensive end though if anyone closes out on him he has even less ability than Bridges in putting the ball on the floor. Abd that’s saying a LOT. He’s mismatched in defense with all the switches. He’s a liability as the 4 defensively.

Mcgee, shamet and Payne were really pretty invisible.

Biyombo got token minutes but at least when he was in for his 5 minutes he made his presence known physically grabbing 5 boards.

Ayton was nothing less than terrible in the first half. All of his worse traits. Bad hands, didn’t seal his man, didn’t move his feet defensively, gave up a boatload of offensive rebounds, and just looked lazy. He was marginally better in the second half until he finally played like he’s capable in the last minute or two That last minute’s effort should make him embarrassed of the rest of his game.

Something is off with this team right now. Monty best figure it out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But finding a way to pull it out matters.

Man I’d like Boucher in our purple.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For as awful as we looked, we did snap another team’s six game winning streak.

And gained a game on the Warriors.

I’ll take that at the mid-season Covid lull.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For as awful as we looked, we did snap another team’s six game winning streak.

And gained a game on the Warriors.

I’ll take that at the mid-season Covid lull.

And all while playing terrible.

Actually this gives me confidence in the Suns future because we know they can play well.

Also they won ugly last season too but I think on paper, this is a much better team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This was an ugly win.

We had - BY FAR - the biggest guys in the court but Ayton, mcgee and stix allowed the raptors to grab virtually every offensive rebound for most of the game (autin grabbed a couple important boards at the end).

Book was dreadful again. This is now concerning imo. He looks slow, he’s missing shots that are normally money for him, and he’s making bad decisions.

My god Bridges is regressing offensively. His play at that end of the floor has been embarrassing lately with poor decision making and tentative moves. I mean, like really ugly bad.

Thank goodness for crowder finally having a mini-hot streak.

Paul was steady if not great. FVV is a tough defender.

Stix was okay on the offensive end though if anyone closes out on him he has even less ability than Bridges in putting the ball on the floor. Abd that’s saying a LOT. He’s mismatched in defense with all the switches. He’s a liability as the 4 defensively.

Mcgee, shamet and Payne were really pretty invisible.

Biyombo got token minutes but at least when he was in for his 5 minutes he made his presence known physically grabbing 5 boards.

Ayton was nothing less than terrible in the first half. All of his worse traits. Bad hands, didn’t seal his man, didn’t move his feet defensively, gave up a boatload of offensive rebounds, and just looked lazy. He was marginally better in the second half until he finally played like he’s capable in the last minute or two That last minute’s effort should make him embarrassed of the rest of his game.

Something is off with this team right now. Monty best figure it out.
COVID messed this team up something fierce. McGee and Ayton have been ass since coming back like Book was when he was out. I think that’s playing the biggest factor here. A couple of more games should get this team back on track. I have too much confidence in the team and coach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I love the league’s new rivalry: Book vs the raptor. He should’ve gone Barkley v. Barney on his ass tho

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should take the fact the Suns can get ugly wins as a good thing. It's just hard when this team doesn't look like the team that went on that streak.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should take the fact the Suns can get ugly wins as a good thing. It's just hard when this team doesn't look like the team that went on that streak.
I remember going into a dealership back in the 80's looking to buy a new car for me and one for my wife. After they ran our information they said, good news, bad news. You have great credit, unfortunately you have an awful lot of it. Yes, winning ugly is a good thing, it surely beats the hell out of losing pretty. But we have too many ugly wins this season and not enough wire to wire beatdowns (in our favor).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not expect a win last night. The Suns have been playing sketchy lately and have been trying to get players back into the rotation. Toronto is a good team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not expect a win last night. The Suns have been playing sketchy lately and have been trying to get players back into the rotation. Toronto is a good team.

yup. and they were hot coming in. to escape with a win while playing like absolute dog doo doo is actually kinda impressive, in retrospect.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it helped that Toronto was missing two starters. Of course Miami was missing 24 players and they still rolled us and that wasn't even on the road so, yeah, good win guys.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it helped that Toronto was missing two starters. Of course Miami was missing 24 players and they still rolled us and that wasn't even on the road so, yeah, good win guys.

i used to be a fan who would nitpick on wins against teams missing guys, but in these covid, f'ed up seasons, I've let that go. They had their three best players with Van Fleet, Siakam and Ounouby so even though I know they were missing Scotty Barnes, who's been a great rook for them, I'm pretty good with a "bad win" over that team which had won 6 straight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i used to be a fan who would nitpick on wins against teams missing guys, but in these covid, f'ed up seasons, I've let that go. They had their three best players with Van Fleet, Siakam and Ounouby so even though I know they were missing Scotty Barnes, who's been a great rook for them, I'm pretty good with a "bad win" over that team which had won 6 straight.
And their win streak included wins against the Clippers, Jazz and Bucks. So they weren't a rollover by any means.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And their win streak included wins against the Clippers, Jazz and Bucks. So they weren't a rollover by any means.
i'm pretty sure the Jazz were the equivalent of the Sisters Of The Poor due to covid, but even so, 6 wins in a row is a nice streak against anyone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure the Jazz were the equivalent of the Sisters Of The Poor due to covid, but even so, 6 wins in a row is a nice streak against anyone.
Yeah you're right, the Jazz lineup was abyssmal. But VanVleet still needed a triple double to beat them.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Devin Booker makes good with Raptors mascot.

I thought that was petty of Booker, happy he "hashed" it out. I mean the mascot is just doing his job, its not like he has a crowd to entertain with an empty arena.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that was petty of Booker, happy he "hashed" it out. I mean the mascot is just doing his job, its not like he has a crowd to entertain with an empty arena.

I thought it was funny but I'm not sure if is the mascot's job to distract free throw shooters although it is fair game for fans.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose