Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game comes down to the trenches. Protect Kyler and pressure Stafford and we should win.

The 2ndbiggest concern for me is thier run game. With Michel on form, Akers back and Henderson too. That's some backfield.

Watt being back or not could make all the difference.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This game comes down to the trenches. Protect Kyler and pressure Stafford and we should win.

The 2ndbiggest concern for me is thier run game. With Michel on form, Akers back and Henderson too. That's some backfield.

Watt being back or not could make all the difference.

The question is, what is the game plan to stop 99. Coaches gotta do something different then what they did in week 14.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if JJ does more than anything symbolic on Monday night. Some snaps maybe...... But I'd guess he will be out. Or suit up and not play. We know he isn't in game shape, and we know he's done very little physically that involves the force and aggression a line of scrimmage will bring.

The best part about Monday IMO is the extra day rest for Conner and Chase. Man.... we will need both of them IMO.

And Kliff calling out K1 like that seems out of character to me. I am going to guess both sides will have a ton of nerves early. Stafford and K1 will need to seriously avoid skying the ball over the middle because both will be JACKED.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if JJ does more than anything symbolic on Monday night. Some snaps maybe...... But I'd guess he will be out. Or suit up and not play. We know he isn't in game shape, and we know he's done very little physically that involves the force and aggression a line of scrimmage will bring.

The best part about Monday IMO is the extra day rest for Conner and Chase. Man.... we will need both of them IMO.

And Kliff calling out K1 like that seems out of character to me. I am going to guess both sides will have a ton of nerves early. Stafford and K1 will need to seriously avoid skying the ball over the middle because both will be JACKED.
If he can play for 3 series, I'd be happy with that. The first one of both halves and another one somewhere. Anything less I'd probably be disappointed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is, what is the game plan to stop 99. Coaches gotta do something different then what they did in week 14.
It is the biggest thing for me. KK came out publicly and stated he wrecked the game and one of the most dominant performances he has ever seen. If Donald does the same thing again, it will turn a lot of people that has been on his side against him. (even more than already has) I know it seems that Kliff allows VJ to run the show on defense as well.

The can lose the game and still save face, if they can control Donald.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Would someone mind explaining to me how you best attack a team that has lost its starting safety. Whatever it is, do you anticipate K1 being fully aware of a potential weakness?
Zach Ertz over the middle. Create matchups with the TE on whoever their replacement safety is.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Would someone mind explaining to me how you best attack a team that has lost its starting safety. Whatever it is, do you anticipate K1 being fully aware of a potential weakness?
The Rams will likely try to hide him in the defense. They could move him up to support against the run or blitz. He‘d be mostly okay in zone. Not knowing how the will use him makes taking advantage tricky. What you would love to have happen is to isolate him in coverage so he had to single cover a receiver or tight end. This would happen most often using an empty backfield. If they are playing zone (usually easy to detect if you put a player in motion) then you flood his zone or the zone in front of him. If they use him in man coverage send 2 speedy receivers in his direction. He’d likely end up covering the first man through the CBs. This requires Murray to have enough time to let the receivers get deep. Murray, if coached up enough, should try to look him off by focusing on the deepest receiver on the other side of the field then switching back to the receiver on his side. This could be used to deter him from double-teaming Kirk, for example, and providing over-the-top coverage.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
- Need a big game from Murphy. I don’t know what has happened, but boy he fallen off in recent weeks. Probably Alford getting injured.

- Need a big game from Simmons. And no, not the usual 5-10 bad plays people love to ignore cause he made 1 very good play, but a consistent good showing is big. Stop reading the wrong gaps in the run.

- Zach Allen has come on the 2nd half of the season. He has to take advantage of their weak interior. Especially if Watt plays. Need a big game from him.

I know what I’m going to get out of everyone else on defense, but those 3 really step out to me. Gotta rise when time is needed.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams will likely try to hide him in the defense. They could move him up to support against the run or blitz. He‘d be mostly okay in zone. Not knowing how the will use him makes taking advantage tricky. What you would love to have happen is to isolate him in coverage so he had to single cover a receiver or tight end. This would happen most often using an empty backfield. If they are playing zone (usually easy to detect if you put a player in motion) then you flood his zone or the zone in front of him. If they use him in man coverage send 2 speedy receivers in his direction. He’d likely end up covering the first man through the CBs. This requires Murray to have enough time to let the receivers get deep. Murray, if coached up enough, should try to look him off by focusing on the deepest receiver on the other side of the field then switching back to the receiver on his side. This could be used to deter him from double-teaming Kirk, for example, and providing over-the-top coverage.

Great reply Harry. Thanks!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's amazing but the difference in games 1 and 2 is we didn't have Hudson in game 2

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson