Welcome back Andy Lee. 1 year deal.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kicking is such a huge part of the game, (who knew when they called the game football) it is surprising how much it is overlooked/undervalued until you need a clutch kick.
Super glad we don't have to watch famous Amos messing up with our kicking game any more. It was just painful memory.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
There's actually 2 or 3 guys in college this year who are considered almost worth drafting, Turk is one I forget the other guy Stonehouse or something like that his dad kicked in the NFL. he doesn't look like an athlete at all but set the alltime record for career average. He kicked for Colorado State so people are speculating the altitude helped his average
Maybe Tory Taylor (Iowa)?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Tory Taylor (Iowa)?

Had to google it Ryan Stonehouse. He looks like a surfer, long hair, doesn't look athletic at all but he's the alltime college leader in punting average. His dad and 2 uncles all played college football so athletic family.

He probably won't be drafted but will have a chance to be an NFL punter. Araiza it appears likely someone will draft him and Turk MIGHT be drafted. Araiza I think will go lower than projected because of Bryan Anger. Anger was actually drafted ahead of Russell Wilson, he's been one of the better punters in the NFL for awhile now but I think nobody wants to be the team that drafts a punter ahead of Russell Wilson so I suspect it's 4th round or later on Araiza but you never know.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Had to google it Ryan Stonehouse. He looks like a surfer, long hair, doesn't look athletic at all but he's the alltime college leader in punting average. His dad and 2 uncles all played college football so athletic family.

He probably won't be drafted but will have a chance to be an NFL punter. Araiza it appears likely someone will draft him and Turk MIGHT be drafted. Araiza I think will go lower than projected because of Bryan Anger. Anger was actually drafted ahead of Russell Wilson, he's been one of the better punters in the NFL for awhile now but I think nobody wants to be the team that drafts a punter ahead of Russell Wilson so I suspect it's 4th round or later on Araiza but you never know.
Maybe I am too selfish, but would hate to see Turk get drafted, cause whoever that team is, it won't be the cardinals. Cardinals just have too many holes in other positions to use a draft pick on a punter. Further, a draft pick on punter will lead to a huge dilemma for SK when the roster cut is coming. A rookie punter is not very likely to beat out Lee at this moment (plus Lee is Prater's favorite holder) especially when the coaching staff is fighting for their extensions. Then we have no choice but to cut the rookie since we can't keep two punters on the 53 (we are not the BA-led team anymore). Then if the rookie shows any potential he will be picked by some other teams who are in rebuild mold; otherwise, the rookie clears the waiver; either way the draft pick is somehow wasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson