Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams just signed former all pro safety Eric Weddle. We’ll crap. I was really hoping them losing Jordan Fuller was going to be a disadvantage for them.
I don’t think you actually seen Eric Weddle the last time he played. He was horrendous for them in 2019. Them bringing him back must says a lot about the lack of trust in their young Safety chart.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think you actually seen Eric Weddle the last time he played. He was horrendous for them in 2019. Them bringing him back must says a lot about the lack of trust in their young Safety chart.
I'm just scarred from all their stupid moves that always pan out for them. Whether it's getting Ramsey, Stafford, trading for Sony Michel, Von Miller, scooping up OBJ and now Weddle.

Just looking at his last year two seasons ago it was a pretty darn good statistical year.

I mean where in the world did this come from? Has be been considering coming out of retirement for some time now? He's got to be in shape right if they signed him? Maybe they've been talking for a while and prepared for a situation like this where he would have an opportunity?

I hate the Rams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just scarred from all their stupid moves that always pan out for them. Whether it's getting Ramsey, Stafford, trading for Sony Michel, Von Miller, scooping up OBJ and now Weddle.

Just looking at his last year two seasons ago it was a pretty darn good statistical year.

I mean where in the world did this come from? Has be been considering coming out of retirement for some time now? He's got to be in shape right if they signed him? Maybe they've been talking for a while and prepared for a situation like this where he would have an opportunity?

I hate the Rams.
I mean, I don’t know how you can compare Weddle to any of those acquisitions. Weddle already played with them recently and was let go because he was so damn washed & had to retire. They seen his stats & they also seen how he actually looked like on the field. If you don’t believe me, go to their forum & look at their rather negative reactions.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would someone mind explaining to me how you best attack a team that has lost its starting safety. Whatever it is, do you anticipate K1 being fully aware of a potential weakness?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would someone mind explaining to me how you best attack a team that has lost its starting safety. Whatever it is, do you anticipate K1 being fully aware of a potential weakness?
Depends if Aaron Donald doesn’t take over again.

I’d play them like how the 9ers do every time vs them. Short passes with a lot of motion sprinkled in, with an occasional deep pass.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends if Aaron Donald doesn’t take over again.

I’d play them like how the 9ers do every time vs them. Short passes with a lot of motion sprinkled in, with an occasional deep pass.

That doesn't sound like Murray. I scream at the TV when he throws a 30 yard pass when they only need 3 yards for a 1st down. Like him not throwing the ball away, I just don't get it. But, I'm just a fan.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like Murray. I scream at the TV when he throws a 30 yard pass when they only need 3 yards for a 1st down. Like him not throwing the ball away, I just don't get it. But, I'm just a fan.
That was him in week 4. He was killing them with the intermediate game all day long. He just needs an identical performance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Collins movin’ on up!

Holy smokes. I don't know if this is a good sign that he can now move up the depth chart, or a terrifying one that he couldn't move up previously on a guy the team had an eye on cutting.

(this changes if it comes out there is some sort of legal issue)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Murray has done this all year long. I wouldn't be surprised if a larger majority (than other QBs) of his long balls are on 3rd and short.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That was him in week 4. He was killing them with the intermediate game all day long. He just needs an identical performance.
He threw a 40 yard td to AJ Green on 3rd and 3.

He threws lots of underneath passes against the Rams the 2nd time as well.

The difference in the game was turnovers and missing AJ Green for a TD earlier in the game.

Its all woulda coulda shoulda. However, its 3 plays from Kyler that define that game.

The miss to AJ (Humphries got dominated and pushed into him, but he's still gotta make that throw)

The Donald tipped pass int where he dominated Garcia.

Kyler worst int of the year to Floyd.

Between Kyler and the Oline they cant have ALL those failures. Take away one and its a different game. One mistake is fine (hopefully) cant have multiple mishaps.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He threw a 40 yard td to AJ Green on 3rd and 3.

He threws lots of underneath passes against the Rams the 2nd time as well.

The difference in the game was turnovers and missing AJ Green for a TD earlier in the game.

Seems like a longer pass could be a decent strategy if you're already in field goal range. If it's not successful there's still a chance to score. In your own territory, miss and you'll have to punt.

EDIT: I'm pretending I know what I'm talking about.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a longer pass could be a decent strategy if you're already in field goal range. If it's not successful there's still a chance to score. In your own territory, miss and you'll have to punt.

EDIT: I'm pretending I know what I'm talking about.
No thats fair. I also think when we had Hopkins we got the matchups we wanted so we could take those chances more. And tbf Kyler finished rated the best deep passer in the league. So in circumstances he's gotta have less trust in his arm because he doesnt have his best guys.

Even the under throw to AJ Green against the Seahawks hurt. Cause if its not a perfect throw you cant expect AJ to come back for the ball and force a PI (Has he all year?) Thats something Hopkins would do.

So he better be on point or what I would like is for him to just bail and get the first down himself from time to time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having slow Larry wouldnt help us a ton. However, if this info is true makes me wonder if they reached out to him and he still just said no.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope they figured out a way to use Rondale moore as a vertical threat, cause the way he is used they could just play eno Benjamin without wasting a draft pick

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose