10 reasons why we’ll beat the Rams

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. The obvious reason, we aren’t playing at home. 8-1 is the best road record in the league. This team taps into an intensity on the road that they struggle to manufacture at home.

2. James Conner & Chase Edmonds are playing together for the first time since week 8. I know we are still waiting for injury reports on Conner, but I hear the team is hopeful he returns against the Rams. Our offense was most potent when these two were splitting carries.

3. J.J. Freaking Watt. As if we didn’t already bring the intensity on the road, his return is going to get this defense freaking jacked up. Our defense hasn’t been the same since he was lost to injury after week 7. Talk about perfect timing.

4. We play better as underdogs. We beat Tenn, LA, Cleveland, Dallas, all when being written off. This team excels when feeling disrespected. They know the masses are picking the Rams.

5. We are getting reinforcements in the secondary. Marco Wilson will be back, and Breeland may make his debut. Say what you will, but Breeland has big time playoff experience. He was a key contributor on a Chiefs defense that won a Super Bowl.

6. Stafford’s track record in big games. For as much experience as he has, Kyler can do something on Monday that Stafford never has, and that’s win a playoff game. If we can secure an early lead I think we all feel that Stafford is likely to fold. (Rams went 2-5 this year against teams with a winning record)

7. This is a redemption game for us. They beat us on Monday night in our house, now it’s time to do the same to them. I don’t think the motivation would be the same for this game had we swept them. Our guys will be fueled to get retribution.

8. The return of Rondale Moore. I know, I know, it’s not like he was lighting it up statistically before he got hurt. But these last few games (especially since losing Hop) our offense seems to be missing a certain element. Kirk, Green, and Wesley are all essentially the same type of possession receiver. Moore is a shifty gadget player whose skills will allow us to open up the playbook more with him back in the lineup.

9. The Rams just lost safety Jordan Fuller for the remainder of the season. He handles the “green dot” responsibilities. Maybe with him out there will be some communication issues as they figure out who will be in charge now for pre-snap communication.

10. The pressure is all on the Rams. They are the media darling. They are at home. They are favored. They have gone all in giving up a ton of draft capital including multiple first round picks. I think the Cards will play loose, much like Seattle did against us as they had nothing to lose.

Believe Cards fans. I genuinely think we can do this.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It has frustrated me all season that KK hasn't used more routes for Moore. This kid when healthy is explosive, he could be the missing element? Use him on some quick slants from the slot or even from out wide, he has the ability to make people miss trust me. Get him in space also. He excels with YAC. He was one of the top players in college at Purdue with YAC his freshman season, lit defenses up & became a 1st team all american as a freshman. This isn't college I get it but when you can make people miss & have 4.2 speed............? It's worth a shot, we gotta try something. Also, KK needs to put Kyler under center, I can't say that enough, so many more routes will open up & it freezes LB's for that split second to gain seperation. I'm excited about JJ coming back, I've said it many times on here that his ability to bat down passes is something we can use. Batted down passes at the LOS are the #1 thing that kills drives besides TO's imo.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't know that Breeland played on that Chiefs SB champ team? Vikings fans complained about him this year & I watched him give up several TD's. I thought it was PP21 but Breeland wore #21 & Peterson wore #7. He can't be any worse than Borders & he has experience we can use. Not sure what defense Zimmer used in Minnesota but he damn sure won't be left on an island with us cause of the soft zone VJ uses. If Watt coming back helps us generate pressure up front maybe Stafford will overthrow some & our soft zone will get a few picks? Right now I would say we'll have Murphy, Wilson, Hamilton & Breeland monday, put Borders on the bench.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can sum up in two words , why I think we will not beat the Rams ---- Kliff --- Vance
They've both had their moments this season where they had it figured out & they've also had their WTF moments so we got a 50/50 chance lol. Hope for the best, expect the worst at this point. That way you don't set yourself up for disappointment with no expectations other than expecting the worst. Easier said than done though. I can tell by your avatar that you go back to the St.louis days like me so you know what disappointment is being a Cardinals fan.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. The obvious reason, we aren’t playing at home. 8-1 is the best road record in the league. This team taps into an intensity on the road that they struggle to manufacture at home.

2. James Conner & Chase Edmonds are playing together for the first time since week 8. I know we are still waiting for injury reports on Conner, but I hear the team is hopeful he returns against the Rams. Our offense was most potent when these two were splitting carries.

3. J.J. Freaking Watt. As if we didn’t already bring the intensity on the road, his return is going to get this defense freaking jacked up. Our defense hasn’t been the same since he was lost to injury after week 7. Talk about perfect timing.

4. We play better as underdogs. We beat Tenn, LA, Cleveland, Dallas, all when being written off. This team excels when feeling disrespected. They know the masses are picking the Rams.

5. We are getting reinforcements in the secondary. Marco Wilson will be back, and Breeland may make his debut. Say what you will, but Breeland has big time playoff experience. He was a key contributor on a Chiefs defense that won a Super Bowl.

6. Stafford’s track record in big games. For as much experience as he has, Kyler can do something on Monday that Stafford never has, and that’s win a playoff game. If we can secure an early lead I think we all feel that Stafford is likely to fold. (Rams went 2-5 this year against teams with a winning record)

7. This is a redemption game for us. They beat us on Monday night in our house, now it’s time to do the same to them. I don’t think the motivation would be the same for this game had we swept them. Our guys will be fueled to get retribution.

8. The return of Rondale Moore. I know, I know, it’s not like he was lighting it up statistically before he got hurt. But these last few games (especially since losing Hop) our offense seems to be missing a certain element. Kirk, Green, and Wesley are all essentially the same type of possession receiver. Moore is a shifty gadget player whose skills will allow us to open up the playbook more with him back in the lineup.

9. The Rams just lost safety Jordan Fuller for the remainder of the season. He handles the “green dot” responsibilities. Maybe with him out there will be some communication issues as they figure out who will be in charge now for pre-snap communication.

10. The pressure is all on the Rams. They are the media darling. They are at home. They are favored. They have gone all in giving up a ton of draft capital including multiple first round picks. I think the Cards will play loose, much like Seattle did against us as they had nothing to lose.

Believe Cards fans. I genuinely think we can do this.
Fantastic post. Now I’m super fired up—go Cards!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why will beat the Rams?

It won’t matter we were 8-1 on the road, the temperature is above 62 degrees, the sun is shining or the pressure on the Rams.

The only way we beat the Rams is by playing better. If we perform the way we have the last 6 weeks with turnovers, missed open receivers and stupid penalties we are going to lose.

It’s really that simple. Play mistake free ball and we WILL win.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we have multiple pre-snap penalties on offense this week I'm going to pull out what little hair I have remaining. I can't even count how many scoring opportunities have been blown because of penalties. We have gone from 1st and Goal at the 4 to 3rd and goal from the 22 more times than I can count. Its infuriating that we can't get our heads out of our butts when points are there for the taking.

If we have less than 3 offensive penalties I think we win. More, and I think we lose...because that kind of mental weakness bleeds into the rest of the game plan.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we have multiple pre-snap penalties on offense this week I'm going to pull out what little hair I have remaining. I can't even count how many scoring opportunities have been blown because of penalties. We have gone from 1st and Goal at the 4 to 3rd and goal from the 22 more times than I can count. Its infuriating that we can't get our heads out of our butts when points are there for the taking.

If we have less than 3 offensive penalties I think we win. More, and I think we lose...because that kind of mental weakness bleeds into the rest of the game plan.

False starts are unforgivable, holding penalty in the red zone is a killer.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
False starts are unforgivable, holding penalty in the red zone is a killer.
How many illegal shifts have we had as well! Or OPI...or a myriad of other things that have taken us for an almost sure fire TD to a long field goal or worse. Its crazy. Those points add up, and the momentum shift is obvious.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK will try to exploit ione-on-one matchups.

On paper, the Rams have more superstars than we do in Kupp, Bechham, The Donald. etc. How successful we'll be at neutralizing these matchups and uncovering favorable matchups of our own (as in a healthy JJ Watt) will probably determine the outcome of the game.

As of right now, the LARs appear to own most of the matchup advantages (though JJ remains an iffy factor with a huge upside) but one never knows until they play the games...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
KK will try to exploit ione-on-one matchups.

On paper, the Rams have more superstars than we do in Kupp, Bechham, The Donald. etc. How successful we'll be at neutralizing these matchups and uncovering favorable matchups of our own (as in a healthy JJ Watt) will probably determine the outcome of the game.

As of right now, the LARs appear to own most of the matchup advantages (though JJ remains an iffy factor with a huge upside) but one never knows until they play the games...
You know, reading your "on paper" paragraph, maybe WE should've signed OBJ.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, reading your "on paper" paragraph, maybe WE should've signed OBJ.

We allegedly were looking into it but the Rams surprised everyone going all in on him. Remember they signed him BEFORE they lost Robert Woods, at the time nobody really knew how valuable OBJ was going to be.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False starts are unforgivable. Holding penalties are highly subjective and could be called on almost every play. (See CJ vs. Dallas.)
False starts are inevitable. You can't ask 300+ linemen to stand completely still for multiple seconds at a time and ask them to not move a muscle. Sure there are things you can do to minimize it, but you can't 'coach' all of them away saying it is a discipline problem.

Show me one team that hasn't been called for a false start at all in a season and it would be the first. It is virtually impossible.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many illegal shifts have we had as well! Or OPI...or a myriad of other things that have taken us for an almost sure fire TD to a long field goal or worse. Its crazy. Those points add up, and the momentum shift is obvious.
Shifts are much more coachable, but they happen multiple times a game. I spot illegal shifts all of the time that aren't called, like how the refs decide when and when not to call holding.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
False starts are inevitable. You can't ask 300+ linemen to stand completely still for multiple seconds at a time and ask them to not move a muscle. Sure there are things you can do to minimize it, but you can't 'coach' all of them away saying it is a discipline problem.

Show me one team that hasn't been called for a false start at all in a season and it would be the first. It is virtually impossible.
I am amazed at the lengths people will go to defend the team. My high school team went 8 straight games without a false start. Our oline coach pounded into our heads. We took pride in it. If a bunch of 16-18 year old yahoo’s can show that discipline surely a bunch of grown men paid millions of dollars can at least not be in the worst five teams in the league with false starts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at the lengths people will go to defend the team. My high school team went 8 straight games without a false start. Our oline coach pounded into our heads. We took pride in it. If a bunch of 16-18 year old yahoo’s can show that discipline surely a bunch of grown men paid millions of dollars can at least not be in the worst five teams in the league with false starts.
I'm not defending the team. I am defending facts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

And this is just a false equivalent. No one expects that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is just a false equivalent. No one expects that.
So is blaming all of the penalties on a lack of discipline from the coaching. Individual people sometimes make individual mistakes that have nothing to do with coaching.