I'm going to sing Eno Benjamin's praises today.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If no one else will. He was about the only reason for me to cheer, as all facets of the game had me hurling my hat at the tv. Ran hard and with purpose. He literally carried the team down the field when all else failed. I had always heard about how hard he ran at ASU and I saw it on full display. Dare I say get him more involved? Hell, if Chase can't stay healthy, I see no reason why we can't duplicate the two back system he and JC had early. He's got a fan in me for sure.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played quite well and as the announcer said the pass catching was good to see because that's been the question with him IMO could they rely on him in the passing game too.

He may get his chance against the Rams too, I'm guessing both Conner and Edmonds will be limited due to the rib injuries.

The thing the scouts didn't like about him coming out was he has a tendency to not run the play where it's supposed to go which can be good at times and bad at times because it's harder to block if you have no idea where he's going to go. I remember the Cards saying this offseason he'd been much more decisive picking the holes. If you saw at the end of the 49ers game they were talking about Shanahan and how he picks RB's since he's been so good at finding them and he said the #1 thing we look for is can he find the right hole, if he can, he can play for me, if he can't I don't care how big or fast he is he won't work in the NFL because in the NFL so much of being a good RB is finding the right hole.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Conner is going to get 5M+ and he would be absolutely worth in for his fit in this offense.
Conner is to the offense what Watt is to the defense. You may not be able to rely on him for a full 16 games, but you can count on him to go full blast when he's playing and do his damnedest to lift the team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conner is to the offense what Watt is to the defense. You may not be able to rely on him for a full 16 games, but you can count on him to go full blast when he's playing and do his damnedest to lift the team.

yep, yesterday I was mad at him on a couple of plays he seemed to look for the defender and run into him and I wanted him to try and get more yards. So I posted boy he looks slow today. Next play he breaks 2 tackles and pounds into the endzone, he runs with malice.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. He is a running back, and his yards per carry is not that high.

Teams have learned paying a running back that much is a bad idea.
Yes. His YPC won't ever be that high. It isn't what this offense needs. When it is 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and Conner gets the ball, more often than not, he gets the 1st down. That doesn't translate well at all in YPC.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. His YPC won't ever be that high. It isn't what this offense needs. When it is 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and Conner gets the ball, more often than not, he gets the 1st down. That doesn't translate well at all in YPC.
Not saying I don't want him back. Just saying nobody is going to pay him that much, unless it is a bad team with cap space to burn.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. He is a running back, and his yards per carry is not that high.

Teams have learned paying a running back that much is a bad idea.

His YPC is artificially low because of all the short yards carries in the redzone IMO. You can't get 4YPC if a bunch of your carries are from the 2 yard line on in.

He'll be 27 in May he does have a very physical style that will lead to injuries that's for sure but he has been huge in the redzone and he's a much better receiver than I realized.

I love Edmonds too but Conner has been more valuable because of the short yardage runs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying I don't want him back. Just saying nobody is going to pay him that much, unless it is a bad team with cap space to burn.
How much do you think he gets paid? There might be an avatar bet on the line of you are interested.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty impressed with Eno.

Might have been a little of the "fresh legs" factor, but he made several eye opening plays. If nothing else, great guy have as your RB3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressed with Eno.

Might have been a little of the "fresh legs" factor, but he made several eye opening plays. If nothing else, great guy have as your RB3.

Some of it was also they were taking away bigger plays so the underneath and the runs were there but Eno ran really hard.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards let Drake walk for $5.5 mil. $12 mil would get him, but only for 2 years. .
It was also the right decision. You can argue that Drake and Chase have very similar skill sets and abilities. Conner brings a different element. (I know you know this)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It was also the right decision. You can argue that Drake and Chase have very similar skill sets and abilities. Conner brings a different element. (I know you know this)
No question. I’m just worried the Cards are in the ”don’t pay RBs” camp.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No question. I’m just worried the Cards are in the ”don’t pay RBs” camp.
I hadn't thought about that as a possibility. I think they realize how important he was to their offense this season though. (at least I sure do hope)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson