Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would you like for the board to just shut down for the next week unless you’ve got something positive to say?

I’m SUPER pumped for this game. I’ve been a Covid Nazi for two years and in the midst of a huge surge in LA, the second that our position was locked I called Ouchie and Daves and said “we have to go to this game” and then plunked down 400 bucks that I really can’t afford to get tickets. But that doesn’t mean Im not going to talk football the rest of the week and right now, our football has been really bad for the better part of two months.
I think what BritCard is saying is that half the people on this board are already counting us out before the game is played. There are already some people posting threads about offseason fixes.
We are in the playoffs for the first time since 2015. Enjoy the moment and let's get this W. We can worry about the offseason IF we lose but I give us a punchers chance in any matchup (even against GB).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Conner gets the TDs, but I feel like Chase is the one who really makes the offense go.

Conner is better in the closer role.

A healthy Chase, Moore? gives me a bit of hope. They looked faster than normal on that Rams turf earlier this year.

As much as the offense misses DHop, I think it equally misses having both Edmonds and Conner healthy. They compliment each other perfectly, and each are best when they get maybe 15 or 16 touches a game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching this Rams-Niners game. NFL so hilarious.

- Niners got constant pressure on Stafford.

— We can never get pressure on Stafford.

- We got constant pressure on Trey & Jimmy.

— Rams didn’t get much pressure on Jimmy even W/O Trent Williams.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
The Cardinals had an opportunity to take the division title and not only show the fans that they have toughness and heart but also get momentum going into the playoffs. They failed once again. I love this team and I know they are capable of pulling it off but there is no indication that they will beat the Rams next week.
You can bet that Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp will play like champions because that’s what champions do in the playoffs. If our stars don’t shine on Monday then they are not true stars.
I truly feel like this team is loaded with talent but it reminds me of the saying,
“Hard work beats talent when talent don’t work hard”.
I bleed Cardinal red and I love my Cardinals but they better dig deep or this storybook season that started off so fantastic will only be remembered as the way the Cardinals once again fell apart!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The frustrating part is that I know we have the talent to win this game against a QB like Matt Stafford. I just don't believe Kyler is there and I don't trust Vance to adjust is scheme. Before people jump on the Kliff omission, I just believe that a QB and playcaller are tied together and the QB matters more.

It's Jekyll and Hype when it comes to the 'D".

Do we have the plan that holds stars like Henry (58 yds) and Elliott (16) or a Penny who garners (190)?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere likely many times but I just can't understand why Murray doesn't throw the ball away and takes a long sack. There were times yesterday when he had ample opportunity to do so.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere likely many times but I just can't understand why Murray doesn't throw the ball away and takes a long sack. There were times yesterday when he had ample opportunity to do so.
It's definitely a problem and he has had many opportunities to throw the ball away and.....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler simply cannot sit on the far edge of the rim of his pocket that long. I have no problem with DJ because naturally a LT is going to move his man to the rear but Kyler just sits there too long, too far back. I think it comes down to Kyler's height and simply wanting to be able to see and have ample room to throw the ball over the DL, but the NFL is about getting the ball out quickly when the receiver has the jump on knowing where the ball is going before the defender. If the defense is not allowing him to get outside on a prolonged developing play, then you have to roll him out more and get him under center to increase what the defense cannot see what's coming. This all can be done, and he can still be a franchise QB, and this team still can win... they did a lot of this actually against Dallas and it works

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Listening to 98.7 for the first time this season, man, Wolf has no energy on the radio. Wolf is as disappointed as me for not winning NFC West. The dude is so down he is not even excited for wildcard game..

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
After reflection, I think Kliff idiotically tried to be vanilla in his game plan so he keeps his powder dry for the playoffs. I say idiotically because we had a freaking chance at the division.
Can’t agree unless he’s done this tactic a bunch of times. Take the Lions game for instance. It’s like he gives Murray a long leash. When McCoy played there was clearly a cogent game plan which twice was well executed. The Bears game had a clear game plan. The second Rams game had none.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I really like this kid. I don't have a good grasp on his ceiling yet, but I seeing him sticking in the league for a bit. In fact, with Antonio Hamilton, I really like our secondary as a whole. They are not perfect but they do pretty well for their age and talent level.
Hamilton is raw but looks like a real find. Has all the skills, needs technique, though he has already learned to use the sideline. Wilson is a fine athlete but gives too much cushion. He did the same in college and seemed hard to coach. I’m not sold he will mold his game enough. He may be better against slot receivers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hamilton is raw but looks like a real find. Has all the skills, needs technique, though he has already learned to use the sideline. Wilson is a fine athlete but gives too much cushion. He did the same in college and seemed hard to coach. I’m not sold he will mold his game enough. He may be better against slot receivers.
I get that Wilson showed similar in college but I also know Vance coaches guys to fear giving up a big play so I am not shocked that Wilson plays really soft in his system.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Kerr being released mean Watt is coming back?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media