Black Monday 2022 edition

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Maybe Josh is taking a job somewhere so Flores wants to go back to NE to take over for BB

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
What the f**k is wrong with Stephen Ross. How can NFL say there is no racism when a minority coach who had two winning seasons in first two years is fired?

Grier should be getting fired any minute

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with Flores is he hired the wrong guys around him. He’s a good Xs & Os coach, but at the end, it doesn’t matter much if you hire a bunch of clowns around you.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
@DVontel Why does a owner care if it is not a legal or PR issue and your coach won both seasons?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
What the f**k is wrong with Stephen Ross. How can NFL say there is no racism when a minority coach who had two winning seasons in first two years is fired?
Just so we're clear.... In your eyes Brian Flores was relieved of his duties due to the color of his skin?!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just so we're clear.... In your eyes Brian Flores was relieved of his duties due to the color of his skin?!
It would hardly be the first time that you could point to something similar. There are several instances of minority coaches doing fairly well, only to get fired because the owner wants another head coach who just happens to be white, because the owner thinks that that coach will do even better. Is it overt racism? Maybe not, but the underlying tones are definitely there. Basically the owner keeps the minority coach on a much shorter leash than a non-minority coach.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Miami is interesting

I don't watch a lot of their stuff, but from the outside of looked like they performed pretty well given what they had

However, I do know a fair number of dolphins fans and they all pretty much hated him

Even within the past couple of weeks it seems the mindset was still "can't wait to finish the season and hopefully move on from Flores & Tua"

Outside i saw a defensive minded coach with a solid defense and an offense limited by QB play

The dolphins fans would complain about game management, etc

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think has anything related to the racist thing, he also hired him two years a go, and hired todd Bowles and had Vance Joseph interim coach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people forget the Dolphins were projected as a playoff contender & also lost 7 straight before that winning streak against 4 other clown shows in the Giants, Panthers, & Jets 2x.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think people forget the Dolphins were projected as a playoff contender & also lost 7 straight before that winning streak against 4 other clown shows in the Giants, Panthers, & Jets 2x.
You can't play games with your young QB. That along with Miami signing guys to big contracts and then cutting them in year 2 said a lot that something was off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose