Vance Joseph - why does VJ needs to be retained?

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I think I've come to grips with the fact, there will not be a great coach here long term as long as Keim is here.

Think about it, Whiz took us to the Superbowl, has one bad year... he was gone. Arians, a couple of great seasons, boom he's gone - I know he made it sound like he needed to do something else. Seems like someone butted heads. Stong personalities do not gel with Keim and Keim has some sort of secret information about the Bidwills.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think I've come to grips with the fact, there will not be a great coach here long term as long as Keim is here.

Think about it, Whiz took us to the Superbowl, has one bad year... he was gone. Arians, a couple of great seasons, boom he's gone - I know he made it sound like he needed to do something else. Seems like someone butted heads. Stong personalities do not gel with Keim and Keim has some sort of secret information about the Bidwills.
Bidwills are old fashioned ( nothing wrong in it) family business that reward loyalty. Bidwill found Keim to be loyal and is rewarding him. Unless Keim goes 4 wins or less Keim will pick his 4th coach in 2023.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Bidwills are old fashioned ( nothing wrong in it) family business that reward loyalty. Bidwill found Keim to be loyal and is rewarding him. Unless Keim goes 4 wins or less Keim will pick his 4th coach in 2023.
Don't dispute they are "old fashion". At some point though, you need to adapt. Keim is not the guy! I still do not understand how an ex-offensive lineman can be so bad at judging OL talen!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You have to bring in a proven NFL DC no more first timers!
In general, I would not be that extreme. Staley did a great job for the Rams last year as a first-year DC. Bowles was the first time DC when BA brought him in. We just need someone who can identify the talent. That, I don't know about Keim.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do we have a Dc that can put players in best position to succeed. Still not sold on VJ. He has games where the stars align and we look great, but too many games were it just looks bad.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe VJ can get a HC gig somewhere and his first FA signing will be his genius LB Hicks… I also hope we play that team next season

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's just frustrating his defenses continually get gashed against the run, they have their moments. Everywhere he's coached this is the biggest gripe so it's definitely a problem.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Likely He wouldn't get even a positional coach job
I don't know about that, he gets mentioned quite often on the rare occasion the Talking Heads are talking about the Cardinals. I've heard quite a few "Vance Joseph is doing a phenomenal job" type comments this season.

But, I don't think he gets a HC job this off season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t understand this. The Cards scored a defensive TD and gave the offense the ball on Seattle’s one yard line.
Surely you jest. Yes, the defense did those things. So what does it tell you that the defense did 5 or 6 worse things that killed the team? That the defense also made an epic crap ton of mistakes and didn't do enough to give the offense a chance to win. Not that I think the offense would have done enough given the chance.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VJ's soft zones are bad

Always leaving WR's wide open for easy completions

Like when we play the Rams and everyone in the stadium knows they are throwing the ball to Kupp and yet we don't have anyone hit him at the line and the DB is playing 5 or more yards off of him to give him space to run his route

This is just one example of many flaws in his system

Along with how complicated the system is for players to feel confident

Time for him to go

Wouldn't mind Fangio being brought in

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
VJ's soft zones are bad

Like when we play the Rams and everyone in the stadium knows they are throwing the ball to Kupp and yet we don't have anyone hit him at the line and the DB is playing 5 or more yards off of him to give him space to run his route

Time for him to go

+1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
VJ's soft zones are bad

Time for him to go

He's available now for sure lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson