Cardinals @ Cowboys postgame thread

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone else sick of Troy Aikman? GBR! Great win today, too bad Rams won.
He's toned down his Cowboy homerism quite a bit over the years, But It still pops out 2-3 times a game, He honestly should want to NOT call Cowboy games.
Don't care for him much, even when calling non Cowboy games... When he calls them? Can't fricken stand him. Especially VS the Cards.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is human. What else does the NFL expect? He should never call a Cowboy's game. Blame the people who put him in that spot.
He’s human sure. But also supposed to be a professional. He should be able to act like it.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s human sure. But also supposed to be a professional. He should be able to act like it.
I wish Warner called more games, He can talk about the Rams or Cards, and not be a fricking idiot like Irvin or Aimkan.

Irvin should not be allowed near a mic to talk about football, and being a ridiculous homer is only 1 of the 10 reasons.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Aikman is better then Sanchez that’s for sure. They were giving the Cards a lot of props

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As much as I hate listening to Aikman when we play Dallas, it feels great when we beat them. Was great when the final drive started with him saying we are at a disadvantage because we can’t run. Then we run out the clock! Love this win!
Run it out with a suddenly active KM on the ground. This was a final drive gut check win that we NEED from our QB. So stoked to see it. All the momentum turning against us. We could all see the set up for the Boys to come back and steal the win. KM willed it not to happen. EXACTLY what we have all be begging for.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Absolute destruction of the cowpies running game, wore out their defense, rested ours. Zeke had 9 for 18. DAK ran more - yes kliff kept them honest on defense chase had 18 - 53 yards plus 2 apiece for other backs. So 22 for rb add in km and it was a more balanced game called. And it worked Against a playoff team.

records indicate we will see them again,at att - hopefully Conner will be back and bust them in the lip.Don’t think Seahags even matter At this point? Rest our players and get ready. have to be patient, KM still off on many long balls, but hit enough to win. Has to hurry against this Defense.

man did our d knock some all’s down, be nice to turn another into turnover. Still leaking passes, like easy ones, a lot. we might get healthy at the right time and shock the world.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys not pleased with officials after loss to Arizona Cardinals: 'Wouldn't let us get a rhythm'

A couple of the Dallas Cowboys felt they played against two opponents Sunday: the Arizona Cardinals and the officials.

The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals 25-22, injuring their playoff seeding, and were flagged 10 times for 88 yards by Scott Novak's crew, including four offensive holding penalties that negated two first-down runs.

"It's just we couldn't get a rhythm," wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. "The refs wouldn't let us get a rhythm."

Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

Now they know how we feel

How many times has this happened to us?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember a whole slew of posters calling Wesley absolute trash and fodder. Never gave the kid a chance. Now look at him performing in the clutch.
I was on the trash bandwagon.. he was trash for sure in every game he’s played and even the start of this game - BUT he totally redeemed himself and then some, so happy to he crow for this game!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys not pleased with officials after loss to Arizona Cardinals: 'Wouldn't let us get a rhythm'

A couple of the Dallas Cowboys felt they played against two opponents Sunday: the Arizona Cardinals and the officials.

The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals 25-22, injuring their playoff seeding, and were flagged 10 times for 88 yards by Scott Novak's crew, including four offensive holding penalties that negated two first-down runs.

"It's just we couldn't get a rhythm," wide receiver CeeDee Lamb said. "The refs wouldn't let us get a rhythm."

Added defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence: "I'm gonna let the NFL handle that. I know it's a possibility we see both of these teams in the playoffs. You know hopefully the NFL can sit down with their team, review the film, learn from their mistakes and get better from it."

I home Demarcus calls out the BS PIs called against AZ, too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not seen much love for the trenches. The trenches won this game.

Frankly I thought we would get destroyed by the Cowboys full strength lines vs our Covid ravaged lines but they were great.

4 batted passes, killed the run game, got plenty of pressure and all without Golden, Kennard and Philips.

Same on the O line. I thought our tackles would get destroyed but they were generally solid.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Lol.. preach! 9-1 with Hudson. One heck of a coincidence - smh ‍♂️
I think it’s easy to see Kyler handles the edge rush better than when guys are coming up the middle, crashing the pocket. Hudson has allowed him to play under center more and feel comfortable.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolute destruction of the cowpies running game, wore out their defense, rested ours. Zeke had 9 for 18. DAK ran more - yes kliff kept them honest on defense chase had 18 - 53 yards plus 2 apiece for other backs. So 22 for rb add in km and it was a more balanced game called. And it worked Against a playoff team.

records indicate we will see them again,at att - hopefully Conner will be back and bust them in the lip.Don’t think Seahags even matter At this point? Rest our players and get ready. have to be patient, KM still off on many long balls, but hit enough to win. Has to hurry against this Defense.

man did our d knock some all’s down, be nice to turn another into turnover. Still leaking passes, like easy ones, a lot. we might get healthy at the right time and shock the world.
Honestly, resting at the end of the season has proven to be generally a bad idea. I grew up in Indiana and watched the Colts do this at least 2 times for the last 2 games of the season… never worked out. Not only did imo the greatest QB of all time not named Brady, offense come out more flat but as did the D. On the contrary, we saw those Patriots teams put the peddle to the metal the entire season - how’d that turn out? Pretty darn good.

I think Kyler and the offense specifically need as many reps as possible to work on the rhythm and continuity of the offense… including the O-line. For our D, same thing.. let’s get Simmons, Collins and these green corners (Breeland too?) as many reps as possible. No rhythm, no momentum, zero hope for anything but a first round exit imo.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Honestly, resting at the end of the season has proven to be generally a bad idea. I grew up in Indiana and watched the Colts do this at least 2 times for the last 2 games of the season… never worked out. Not only did imo the greatest QB of all time not named Brady, offense come out more flat but as did the D. On the contrary, we saw those Patriots teams put the peddle to the mettle the entire season - how’d that turn out? Pretty darn good.

I think Kyler and the offense specifically need as many reps as possible to work on the rhythm and continuity of the offense… including the O-line. For our D, same thing.. let’s get Simmons, Collins and these green corners (Breeland too?) as many reps as possible. No rhythm, no momentum, zero hope for anything but a first round exit imo.
Other than mettle vs metal, I agree with your comment.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Question about the play where Prater lined up as WR and cost the Cowboys a TO: I have only seen it once life yesterday, so I don't know the whole design of the play, but do you think there is even a possibility that we snap it if we get a certain look or is it just designed to confuse the other team and trick them into taking a TO? I mean I guess there wasn't any real risk involved with it, because I don't think we would take a TO there if it doesn't work and instead take the delay of game to make it a 31 yard FG instead of a 26 yarder.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Saw this...call the whambulance. Always this junk with teams as long as the change favors them. Wouldn't hear a peep if the situation was reversed.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I look for going into each game are collisions where our guys are immovable and their guys are consistently moved back"

We won our share of those one-on-one battles, and it was enough for us to pull off this squeaker.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Question about the play where Prater lined up as WR and cost the Cowboys a TO: I have only seen it once life yesterday, so I don't know the whole design of the play, but do you think there is even a possibility that we snap it if we get a certain look or is it just designed to confuse the other team and trick them into taking a TO? I mean I guess there wasn't any real risk involved with it, because I don't think we would take a TO there if it doesn't work and instead take the delay of game to make it a 31 yard FG instead of a 26 yarder.
I just took a look at it again and man, if they allow us to snap that ball, Green was completely uncovered. I mean there was nobody even 20 yards close to him, I think I could have walked that in for a TD.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Saw this...call the whambulance. Always this junk with teams as long as the change favors them. Wouldn't hear a peep if the situation was reversed.
I don’t think the cowboys players should be blaming the refs for the loss. I think they played poorly for three quarters. Amare cooper had a much better take and blamed the offense for starting the game poorly. They dropped what should of been an easy interception in the end zone, ref didn’t do that to them. The defense was not prepared for the the Kyler Murray option play at the end when AZ killed the clock on them. And they never really adjusted to stop it. That’s Kyler killing them, not the ref. Cowboys defense played ok not great and the only gripe they really have is the refs missed a clear fumble and recovery at the end. For me anyone has every right to complain about something like that being missed. AZ fans and players should do the same if it were on the other foot, with that said Dallas lost to AZ, not the refs.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave