Cardinals at Cowboys gameday thread 1-2-2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quiet as its kept. Ertz is looking a LOT like Fitz in terms of catches/no YAC. Its just Kyler throwing it him more than Fitz last year because Hopkins isnt available. He's great to have, but we've less explosive. Maxx Williams broke more tackles and got more YAC.

More Dortch on the field please.

It's because we don't have Hop. THe field has shrunk so the passes to Ertz there's less room after the catch IMO.

I do like Dortch for that reason.

I also like us continuing to go after Diggs on the deep balls he gambles

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quiet as its kept. Ertz is looking a LOT like Fitz in terms of catches/no YAC. Its just Kyler throwing it him more than Fitz last year because Hopkins isnt available. He's great to have, but we've less explosive. Maxx Williams broke more tackles and got more YAC.

We have the less explosive receivers in the nfl, pairing it with some mediocre linemen, then u realize how good Murray is

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just worried that the refs will try to keep Dallas on the move and call more phantom penalties against then in the 2nd half. On the good end, though, they are calling blatant stuff against them.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quiet as its kept. Ertz is looking a LOT like Fitz in terms of catches/no YAC. Its just Kyler throwing it to him more than Fitz last year because Hopkins isnt available. He's great to have, but we've less explosive. Maxx Williams broke more tackles and got more YAC.

Which is crazy to say....Maxx Williams with more burst and yac than Ertz.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I think it’s keeping their defense honest. Don’t give up on the run. That’s where we mess up because Kingsbury gets too impatient.
I'm not saying abandon the run, just do something else than run it up the gut on EVERY 1st down.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 random thoughts.

Kyler hasnt run at this game. Now while I've been critical of designed runs in the past he's not throwing it well enough to say he doesnt need to run lately (like the first 8 games). Some of these plays he's going to have to break contain.

I also noticed Andy Isabella out there one play and we handed it off. I wonder if Kliff is setting something up the next time if/when he gets out there again. Cowboys are playing man so he might be setting up a shot down the field.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I disagree. I think it’s keeping their defense honest. Don’t give up on the run. That’s where we mess up because Kingsbury gets too impatient.
Dallas has too much speed to try to turn the corner, the Cards are doing well getting anything positive and it's nice to see Kyler under center to set up some playaction

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like these refs are doing their best to keep Dallas in the game.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's because we don't have Hop. THe field has shrunk so the passes to Ertz there's less room after the catch IMO.

I do like Dortch for that reason.

I also like us continuing to go after Diggs on the deep balls he gambles

Dortch is making a noticeable contribution today…Wesley however is mostly a bum