Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but literally every team has their share of vocal fans on Twitter that say awful things about the players. Personal things. All teams. No one team has it any worse than another. And certainly not the cardinals.
They haven’t read this forum

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers getting it handed to them.

No Lamar last week. No Cousins this week.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's ok. Look at their record in Lambeau, in the playoffs, below freezing, in the last 50 years. Their record is not spectacular at all. Less than the % rate for wins by a home. In fact, the colder it is the worse the record for Green Bay.

(Not saying the Cardinals will be the ones to beat them. But dreaming costs nothing.)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a feeling Conner and Moore aren’t suiting up for this one. We really need them though. I think Phillips is still out too which is a bummer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Conner and Moore aren’t suiting up for this one. We really need them though. I think Phillips is still out too which is a bummer.

Same. I think the team knows it’s in the playoffs and will err on the side of caution with all injuries to try and get everyone to 100 before the first playoff game.

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I wonder if this could be a repeat of 2009 when we were undermanned and got blown off the field by Green Bay only to come back the following week and beat them. I could see this being a complete fiasco on Sunday but also a very good likelihood Dallas in our round 1 opponent. My only hesitation is I don't think the strategy of playing it safe with Kyler/Hopkins in Nov really worked out for us. Kyler has not been the same since he returned and Dhop got hurt his first game back.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
From Darren Urban- Azcardinals.com today:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From AZ Central:

“Murray threw 17 touchdowns and just five interceptions in the 7-0 start. He’s got two touchdowns and three interceptions in the current 0-3 skid.

It’s not just him.

Over the past three weeks, the offense has committed eight false starts, according to the NFL. Meanwhile, pass catchers have dropped six balls, according to pro-football-reference.com.”

Man, the entire offense has just cratered the last three weeks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From AZ Central:

“Murray threw 17 touchdowns and just five interceptions in the 7-0 start. He’s got two touchdowns and three interceptions in the current 0-3 skid.

It’s not just him.

Over the past three weeks, the offense has committed eight false starts, according to the NFL. Meanwhile, pass catchers have dropped six balls, according to pro-football-reference.com.”

Man, the entire offense has just cratered the last three weeks.

All stems from Kyler IMO. Kyler not playing to the same level puts pressure on everyone else. Instead of playing with a lead and without pressure every snap feels crucial.

Yes, the whole offense bares blame for being fragile but if Kyler fixes his issues I think the rest will follow.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Majority here thought we'd get destroyed by the Rams in week 4.

All but punted on the Browns game as well.

So let em be negative. Means we're going to win.

This is a perfect setup for a Cowboys letdown game as well.
I completely understand where you are coming from as far as the cardinals being underdogs, but there are many, including myself, who are saying the cowboys are overrated so are you really that big of a dog when the Vegas line is actually close? From the cowboys perspective I don’t see the excuse of overlooking their opponent or some type of letdown. Maybe from clinching their division there could be some type of hangover, but this is the best team dallas has faced since KC, record wise. and I do think AZ are a good team regardless of what the record says. the worst team in the NFL can beat the best team on any day, especially this year with all of the covid BS. there is a lot riding on this game for both teams. If Dallas loses this game it could really hurt them heading into the playoffs.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Conner, Budda Baker questionable for Cardinals-Cowboys

Losers of their last three games, the Cardinals likely will need a victory over the Cowboys to stay in contention for the NFC West title.

They may have two of their key offensive weapons back against Dallas to help in that endeavor.

Running back James Conner (heel) and receiver Rondale Moore (ankle) are both questionable for Sunday’s game.

Conner was back on the practice field in a limited capacity on Friday after missing the first two practices of the week. Moore was limited on Thursday and Friday.

Head coach Kliff Kingsbury called both game-day decisions in his Friday press conference.

Conner has 1,034 yards from scrimmage and 16 total touchdowns this season. Moore has 54 receptions for 435 yards with a touchdown.

Safety Budda Baker (ribs) is also questionable after he was limited on Thursday and Friday.

Tight end Demetrius Harris (shoulder), defensive end Zach Allen (ankle), and offensive lineman Sean Harlow (illness) round out Arizona’s questionable players.

Cornerback Marco Wilson (shoulder) and defensive end Jordan Phillips (knee) are out.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Same. I think the team knows it’s in the playoffs and will err on the side of caution with all injuries to try and get everyone to 100 before the first playoff game.
I think that would be a giant mistake, if they can possibly go. Look at what the injury codding of KM did to his season.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I think that would be a giant mistake, if they can possibly go. Look at what the injury codding of KM did to his season.
Sorry but I don't see that in Kyler's case. Lamar Jackson has a similar injury and is going to miss his third game on Sunday. And there is no way they wouldn't send him out if he could somehow play, especially when you look at the standings in the AFC.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see that in Kyler's case. Lamar Jackson has a similar injury and is going to miss his third game on Sunday. And there is no way they wouldn't send him out if he could somehow play, especially when you look at the standings in the AFC.
I agree. I would rather the players be healthy for the playoffs (as long as you get in). If you are battling for a playoff spot then I could see risking it. AZ played so well in the first part of the season in now they have the luxury to make sure guys are healthy. clearly someone like Baker, if you can let him heal for the playoffs I would do that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose