This guy needs some heat... KK Kirk

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Agree he drops a bunch of important passes - that first drop Saturday night was horrible
Kyler I agree is not playing up to snuff but damn, you have to help your young QB out and you do not even have to make an effort because those passes are close to perfect buddy and you drop them

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler I agree is not playing up to snuff but damn, you have to help your young QB out and you do not even have to make an effort because those passes are close to perfect buddy and you drop them
Posted this in another thread.
On the 4th and 6 play we decided not to kick.
I'd argue the worst Kirk play was not doing a good job on the pick play on 4th down. If he gets him just enough then Ertz doesnt have to run around the defender and thats maybe a 1st down/TD.
Kirk didnt even graze the DB or at least get in front of him to force the guy to run around him. Cost us maybe 7 points.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the entire team could use some heat , and where should that heat come from ? To me , it should come from the Head Coach , and it has not and is not happening !!!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Catches the ball with his body every attempt. Not trusting your hands as a receiver in the NFL is a bad omen for your future.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think the entire team could use some heat , and where should that heat come from ? To me , it should come from the Head Coach , and it has not and is not happening !!!
You are not in the locker room Jim, come on man... you have no clue that the coach is not biatching about this, because I know a little about Kliff being from Texas and he does have a edge side which is pure smart ass and to the point which he does not reveal in a mere presser for the media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You are not in the locker room Jim, come on man... you have no clue that the coach is not biatching about this, because I know a little about Kliff being from Texas and he does have a edge side which is pure smart ass and to the point which he does not reveal in a mere presser for the media
Smart ass is exactly what I’d expect from a weak willed head coach. That means he’s more likely passive aggressive than in your face accountable.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Kirk has really improved.

I hope he has another big game in Dallas. However, tbh he would probably be a #4Wr on the Cowboys. Thats speaks to how loaded the Cowboys are though.
Not probably definitely.. he’d likely be lucky to be the 5th option on Dallas. Amari, Ceedee, Gallup and Schultz.. not sure if he’s better than Cedrick Wilson and Noah Brown. Those guys too have looked solid.

If we pay anywhere near #2 WR money for him I’ll be disgusted.

Btw - I’ve said it before, I’d LOVE Gallup to replace Green next year. Young, big WR, athletic, great hands and feet awareness. If we could get him at AJs price that would be a steal.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not probably definitely.. he’d likely be lucky to be the 5th option on Dallas. Amari, Ceedee, Gallup and Schultz.. not sure if he’s better than Cedrick Wilson and Noah Brown. Those guys too have looked solid.

If we pay anywhere near #2 WR money for him I’ll be disgusted.

Btw - I’ve said it before, I’d LOVE Gallup to replace Green next year. Young, big WR, athletic, great hands and feet awareness. If we could get him at AJs price that would be a steal.
I think thats why Kyler wanted CD Lamb so bad in the draft. Now obviously imo they should have got Wirfs.

However, Kirk is a great deep threat. He's not a YAC guy. And now without Hopkins we're missing it. Ertz has been great but you could argue Maxx Williams was better at getting YAC as well. Cowboys have 3 or 4 wrs who not only can go deep but are physical enough to turn short plays into big plays.

Gallup would be a nice additon to replace AJ Green. Hopefully with a strong WR class it helps make some guys a bargain. Im for Kirk returning as well though cause Im not sure Rondale is ready for the slot role yet.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think thats why Kyler wanted CD Lamb so bad in the draft. Now obviously imo they should have got Wirfs.

However, Kirk is a great deep threat. He's not a YAC guy. And now without Hopkins Ertz has been great but you could argue Maxx Williams was better at getting YAC as well. Cowboys have 3 or 4 wrs who not only can go deep but are physical enough to turn short plays into big plays.

Gallup would be a nice additon to replace AJ Green. Hopefully with a strong WR class it helps make some guys a bargain. Im for Kirk returning as well though cause Im not sure Rondale is ready for the slot role yet.
I personally was rooting for Ceedee to be drafted…he has all-world potential and is already flashing it. STILL, with this Oline - Wirfs would have been the correct pick. Both would have had instant and long term impact.

Kirk, agree not sure Moore could take his spot in the slot because we simply haven’t put him there. I still believe Kirk is a low-end #3 WR better suited as a #4. It’s now been 2 years with evident case of key drops (literally cost us 2 W’s last year in end zone drops), his stats in my opinion this year are a product of volume - who else is Kyler going to throw it to on those routes?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, he's been consistent all year has a couple of drops and he's "Inconsistent".

Nuk dropped an easy 5 yard slant on a crucial 3rd down vs the Ram's. I guess he's a bum too.

Yeah, he should have made the couple he's dropped recently but let's no rewrite the season.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, he's been consistent all year has a couple of drops and he's "Inconsistent".

Nuk dropped an easy 5 yard slant on a crucial 3rd down vs the Ram's. I guess he's a bum too.

Yeah, he should have made the couple he's dropped recently but let's no rewrite the season.
I mean he did have 2 TD drops in what should have been game winning TDs last year… he does lead the team in drops this year… he is tied for 10th worse in the NFC in number of drops with 4 of the 9 players with more drops not being WRs.. so aside from the vastly more targeted and vastly more talented WRs with more drops in the NFC Deebo and DJ Moore.. you’re looking at Robby Anderson, Russell Gage and Van Jefferson. Fringe #3 guys/one demential deep threats….. but ya let’s not rewrite the season or his career SMH!

He had his bright spots when the offense was running healthy on all cylinders, but ultimately his stats are where they are today because of volume and no alternative.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean he did have 2 TD drops in what should have been game winning TDs last year… he does lead the team in drops this year… he is tied for 10th worse in the NFC in number of drops with 4 of the 9 players with more drops not being WRs.. so aside from the vastly more targeted and vastly more talented WRs with more drops in the NFC Deebo and DJ Moore.. you’re looking at Robby Anderson, Russell Gage and Van Jefferson. Fringe #3 guys/one demential deep threats….. but ya let’s not rewrite the season or his career SMH!

He had his bright spots when the offense was running healthy on all cylinders, but ultimately his stats are where they are today because of volume and no alternative.
Come on now, using facts isn’t fair.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kirk has improved but one thing with his entire Cards career has been drops. The game last year he drops one in the endzone and then they screw us on the 4th down run that was clearly a TD but ruled short.

His rookie year in Rosen's first start Josh throws an absolute laser to Kirk on a 30 plus yard route, dropped. Ruined Josh' career(I kid about that last part)

He's been good this year but drops too many

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

However, Kirk is a great deep threat. He's not a YAC guy. And now without Hopkins we're missing it. Ertz has been great but you could argue Maxx Williams was better at getting YAC as well. Cowboys have 3 or 4 wrs who not only can go deep but are physical enough to turn short plays into big plays.

I would disagree, Max just made it very entertaining with his physical running style while going about 4 miles per hour haha... Ertz is a lot faster and covering more distance after the catch without having to break as many tackles