Arizona Cardinals Playoffs 2022.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. I love the constant barrage of “what you thought at beginning of the season?” It’s like living life as an ostrich and ignoring all context. Expectations change as facts change. That’s not only appropriate but the way successful and healthy minded people lead their lives.
WTH lol it's football dude. Context is a kicker who's no better than Zane right now...context is injuries suck arse...context is we going to the dance where anything can happen

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m happy, separate all the noise and I will take it any way we can get it. Just like any given Sunday, an ugly win is a win Baby bird poops and all baby. So we are nervous. What’s new? Footballs finest fans are forged in the flames of adversity! I would rather be a get down and waller in the mud naked Arizona football club fan then any other fan alive. We get bang for the buck baby, we appreciate each first down, touchdown, win and playoff appearance way more then fans of other teams.

our kids beat up your honor students Nfln. Pull over and change the air in your heads haha these losses are nothing compared to collapse in 08. Not blow outs, same pr-blem to me, pass ourselves to death early and often, high risk, feast or famine play calling, one dimensional ********. Can’t win in NFL playoffs, I’ve never wavered on that. Bill davis defense was the same, bend don’t break, go for turnovers.

it is must see tv. We wish it was boring, confident, consistent, competitive with continuity. But it is not. Kurt is talking crap in the booth, saying the exact opposite of what he actually did on his watch. Hero ball! It is too late now, training camp is over, can’t start running the ball early now and forcing defenses to play the run, why would they? So put your hands over your face, sneak peeks through your fingers, throw the remote every few minutes until you get a new one.

smushdown! cardinals up and take it like a fan!
We either outperform NFL defenses with our pass game and tired az defense, or we die dramatically in a gnarled and grotesque manner. withering red Cardinal locked inside a Phoenix beak, chirping always chirping. There ain’t no next year, give us your best team, let the feathers fall where they may.

You must be registered for see images attach

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We thought we were middle of the road but were wrong. Hey we're good!

Then we thought we were good. 7-0 baby! No 1 seed! But we were wrong and we actually stunk.

Now we definitely know we're going to get blown off the field in our one humiliating play-off game.

To paraphrase JJ, maybe we're just wrong?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We thought we were middle of the road but were wrong. Hey we're good!

Then we thought we were good. 7-0 baby! No 1 seed! But we were wrong and we actually stunk.

Now we definitely know we're going to get blown off the field in our one humiliating play-off game.

To paraphrase JJ, maybe we're just wrong?
Nope....I understand it's football and injuries happen all the time. But when healthy we are damn good. Not having Rodney and JJ has killed our offense and defense. Good news is...we have a chance

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only hope I’m clinging to is the fact that we rattled off 7 wins to open up the season. We beat the titans(playoff team) Vikings(playoff contender) Rams(playoff team) 9ers(playoff team) Browns(playoff contender) and lost to GB on a last second INT. If we weren’t a good team, that wouldn’t be possible. We need to adapt, like the rest of the NFL has against us.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
10 wins is progress, along with the playoffs, along with all of the offensive improvement. Tied for 3rd in TD's scored?

The second part is ridiculous. Blow up a coaching staff that has improved 3 years in a row, won at least 10 games this year, and made the playoffs? So you want a new coach (total crap shoot), blow up both sides of the ball, and make Kyler learn a new system?

Look up cognitive distortions and you just might find your screen name.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's the main problem

VJ, KK and KM are not making the adjustments to counter the adjustments the other teams have made
It took the chiefs a couple of weeks early on in the season to make adjustments. Now they’re the scariest team in the AFC. Just like the chiefs did, we need to rely more on the run and take what the defense is giving us instead of forcing the issue.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If you can’t see that we are a disaster in the second half of seasons, I don’t know what to tell you.

Lol. I love the constant barrage of “what you thought at beginning of the season?” It’s like living life as an ostrich and ignoring all context. Expectations change as facts change. That’s not only appropriate but the way successful and healthy minded people lead their lives.

Look up cognitive distortions and you just might find your screen name.

You guys are stating the obvious...we haven't played well in the 2nd half of both seasons. EVERYONE knows that.

You are also throwing out all the good from this season with your recency bias.

We have 10 wins in 15 games, 4 wins against playoff teams, 4-1 in the toughest division in the NFL, and in the playoffs.

I don't like how we have played the last the last two games + Carolina but I am not ready to disregard the entire season, all the progress, and blow up the entire coaching staff. That is irrational.

It's about perspective. Get some.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expectations are premeditated resentments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are stating the obvious...we haven't played well in the 2nd half of both seasons. EVERYONE knows that.

You are also throwing out all the good from this season with your recency bias.

We have 10 wins in 15 games, 4 wins against playoff teams, 4-1 in the toughest division in the NFL, and in the playoffs.

I don't like how we have played the last the last two games + Carolina but I am not ready to disregard the entire season, all the progress, and blow up the entire coaching staff. That is irrational.

It's about perspective. Get some.

The last two games? We’ve lost 4 of 5 in ugly fashion, multiple times, and are ending a THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON with a pathetic collapse. And we’re seeing that literally EVERY TEAM Kliff coaches becomes choking dogs down the stretch. Keeping that around us an exercise in futility.

But hey... if you want the Cardinals to basically be as stupid as the Bears who couldn’t see the obvious with Nagy, despite a meaningless playoff birth last season, you’re just advocating for further disasters every season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last two games? We’ve lost 4 of 5 in ugly fashion, multiple times, and are ending a THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON with a pathetic collapse. And we’re seeing that literally EVERY TEAM Kliff coaches becomes choking dogs down the stretch. Keeping that around us an exercise in futility.

But hey... if you want the Cardinals to basically be as stupid as the Bears who couldn’t see the obvious with Nagy, despite a meaningless playoff birth last season, you’re just advocating for further disasters every season.
Our season isn't over yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our season isn't over yet.
You’re right... and I’ve said if they win a playoff game, I can see the season being called good, but that’s not the point being discussed. my comments in the discussion are in response to Cards Campos saying that even in the scenario of loising 6 of 7 and are one and done in the playoffs to finish the season, that’s still a good season.

I disagreed and said why.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And my comments in the discussion all revolve around the scenario of loising 6 of 7 and are one and done in the playoffs to finish the season and still saying the season was successful.

Someone said that would still be a “good” season and I’ve disagreed and said why.
Gotcha. I don't want that to happen. But it would be interesting to see what decision Bidwill would make. My guess as to what will happen is we win a game and he will stay the course. If the win is the playoff game, then it is 100% certain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I don't want that to happen. But it would be interesting to see what decision Bidwill would make. My guess as to what will happen is we win a game and he will stay the course. If the win is the playoff game, then it is 100% certain.

Totally agree. A playoff W definitely stays the course and I wouldn’t argue otherwise. Part of me would be worried it would be a Pyrrhic victory, that might bite us in the butt later, but I could also see the argument that it’s an impressive show of resilience from a team that fell from grace at the end of the year.

If the worst case scenario happens, I do think we should clean house. A lame duck coach will hurt trying to get a better DC and could hurt with FA. But I don’t think the Bidwills pull the trigger.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My guess is that we are about to lose out in the regular season - going 3 & 7 over the final ten games. And then get bounced in the first-round of the playoffs, likely by the Cowboys (meaning we will have lost twice to Dallas, adding a little extra suckitude to this season).
If I we Mike B, I'd fire Keim and Kliff. And I would do whatever possible to bring in a no nonsense Head Coach, who will have the ability to kick Kyler in his tiny little 5'10" arse. If Kyler still proves he can't "measure-up" and get this team to the next level, we'll have to chalk this up to yet another swing & miss in the first round by Keim...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Three contrasting comments in media:

1. Minny's loss backs us in.

2. Philly loss backs us in.

3. Niner loss backs us in.

I can see tomorrow's headlines: "Cards Back Into Playoffs/Oops! My Bad..."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that we are about to lose out in the regular season - going 3 & 7 over the final ten games. And then get bounced in the first-round of the playoffs, likely by the Cowboys (meaning we will have lost twice to Dallas, adding a little extra suckitude to this season).
If I we Mike B, I'd fire Keim and Kliff. And I would do whatever possible to bring in a no nonsense Head Coach, who will have the ability to kick Kyler in his tiny little 5'10" arse. If Kyler still proves he can't "measure-up" and get this team to the next level, we'll have to chalk this up to yet another swing & miss in the first round by Keim...
I think they scratch and claw their way to a W over the Hawks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talented teams with lousy fundamentals sometimes suprise the world wth outstanding performances. Problem is - we'd have to stitch together 3 or four performances and a bundle of luck for that to happen.

I just don't think this team is smart enough or has enough mojo.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Talented teams with lousy fundamentals sometimes suprise the world wth outstanding performances. Problem is - we'd have to stitch together 3 or four performances and a bundle of luck for that to happen.

I just don't think this team is smart enough or has enough mojo.
this team has zero shot and its about 80% because the qb is not good anymore.

HE misses open receivers..... CONSTANTLY, cannot read a defense because he is 5 ft tall, and now he has a bad case of happy feet. You cannot put a band-aid on that

The other 20% is the coach is too STUPID to offset this by running the ball more.

and no Kliff....the 1 yard pass to Rondale moore is not going to save the day

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think they scratch and claw their way to a W over the Hawks.
I doubt it... We won't have anything left to play for and we couldn't play well when we did. And the Seahawks will do all they can and all they know how to do in order to claim victory.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say over the last three games the biggest problem this team has had has been above the neck and between the ears. And that includes KK and KM and VJ. An earlier press conference this year had KK saying that he definitely remembers all the jeers and people making fun of him being hired as the Cardinals coach... And it was obvious that it bothered him. I think this team is just been pressing and grasping at straws to find things that work, when they are mired and quicksand. Even though they're backing into the playoffs, maybe it will at least remove some of that from their brains and allow them to just go out and play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I guess what sets Kliff apart from Nagy in your example is that a very good defense powered those Bears teams to the playoffs despite a pretty hapless offensive situation.

This team is better on offense; it’s more balanced, and everyone has the opportunity to keep getting better.

The defense is concerning to me because we can’t put our top draft picks on the field. If we can’t get out last two first-round ILBs on the field—how’re we going to find a spot for next year’s off-ball linebacker first-rounder?

But who are you going to replace Vance with that has any legitimacy when Kliff is on the last year of his deal?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose