Arizona Cardinals Playoffs 2022.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oddly enough, perhaps backing in is exactly what this super-talented, yet highly-dysfunctional squad needs. Now they can go out and relax and just play football. I feel oddly good about this annoying bunch now. There’s really nothing to lose. Regardless, KK, please, for the love of God, start calling plays with an intention to win. Just. Go. Win!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weird season. Chiefs and Rams went through spells where people thought they were done.

Difference is they both had coaches who've been in the Super Bowl. And a former MVP/Super Bowl MVP QB as well (Chiefs).

Only game I really feel *bad* about is the Lions game. Not sure we beat the Cowboys, but it wouldnt surprise me if we did.

Glass Half Full. Rodney Hudson gives me hope that the team can get it together. Better for Kyler struggle/learn how to adjust without Hopkins now than in the playoffs. IF we somehow beat the Cowboys then maybe people were right that for whatever reason we're just a road team. And being 5th seed could be a blessing in disguise.

Time will tell.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah I just posted at that time what it was. Clearly Dallas is going to win tonight. If we manage to beat them, seems unlikely right now, but if we do, things would change

The main thing is literally every team likely in, Packers, Cowboys, Rams, Bucs, Eagles, 49ers all of them have good running games. The Bucs might actually have the weakest since Fournette is out but they of course still have good backs and they have Tom Brady.

So the notion that the Cards can win games in the playoffs is going to mean not only do we have to fix the offense, we have to fix the run defense.
VJ has not fixed run defense in three years. There is no way Cardinals can go through these run heavy teams four time on the road to win super bowl.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure it does, because it probably cost us the division, the way we got in.
Ok so we win the division ...you're still playing wildcard weekend...means jack...unless the division title makes or breaks your year. Cause right now home is not giving us any advantage

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m happy, separate all the noise and I woill take it any way we can get it. So we are nervous

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If they win? Well, that’s progress. If they lose, hopefully they blow Kliff and staff out and bring in a coach to take this team forward and when that coach does, Kyler at least has a game of playoff pressure under his belt when he gets back there
10 wins is progress, along with the playoffs, along with all of the offensive improvement. Tied for 3rd in TD's scored?

The second part is ridiculous. Blow up a coaching staff that has improved 3 years in a row, won at least 10 games this year, and made the playoffs? So you want a new coach (total crap shoot), blow up both sides of the ball, and make Kyler learn a new system?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m happy, separate all the noise and I will take it any way we can get it. Just like any given Sunday, an ugly win is a win Baby bird poops and all baby. So we are nervous. What’s new? Footballs finest fans are forged in the flames of adversity! I would rather be a get down and waller in the mud naked Arizona football club fan then any other fan alive. We get bang for the buck baby, we appreciate each first down, touchdown, win and playoff appearance way more then fans of other teams.

our kids beat up your honor students Nfln. Pull over and change the air in your heads haha these losses are nothing compared to collapse in 08. Not blow outs, same pr-blem to me, pass ourselves to death early and often, high risk, feast or famine play calling, one dimensional ********. Can’t win in NFL playoffs, I’ve never wavered on that. Bill davis defense was the same, bend don’t break, go for turnovers.

it is must see tv. We wish it was boring, confident, consistent, competitive with continuity. But it is not. Kurt is talking crap in the booth, saying the exact opposite of what he actually did on his watch. Hero ball! It is too late now, training camp is over, can’t start running the ball early now and forcing defenses to play the run, why would they? So put your hands over your face, sneak peeks through your fingers, throw the remote every few minutes until you get a new one.

smushdown! cardinals up and take it like a fan!
We either outperform NFL defenses with our pass game and tired az defense, or we die dramatically in a gnarled and grotesque manner. withering red Cardinal locked inside a Phoenix beak, chirping always chirping. There ain’t no next year, give us your best team, let the feathers fall where they may.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 wins is progress, along with the playoffs, along with all of the offensive improvement. Tied for 3rd in TD's scored?

The second part is ridiculous. Blow up a coaching staff that has improved 3 years in a row, won at least 10 games this year, and made the playoffs? So you want a new coach (total crap shoot), blow up both sides of the ball, and make Kyler learn a new system?

If you can’t see that we are a disaster in the second half of seasons, I don’t know what to tell you.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And there is this on the internet. Good night fellas. Everything is awesome.. Everything is awesome.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m happy, separate all the noise and I will take it any way we can get it. Just like any given Sunday, an ugly win is a win Baby bird poops and all baby. So we are nervous. What’s new? Footballs finest fans are forged in the flames of adversity! I would rather be a get down and waller in the mud naked Arizona football club fan then any other fan alive. We get bang for the buck baby, we appreciate each first down, touchdown, win and playoff appearance way more then fans of other teams.

our kids beat up your honor students Nfln. Pull over and change the air in your heads haha these losses are nothing compared to collapse in 08. Not blow outs, same pr-blem to me, pass ourselves to death early and often, high risk, feast or famine play calling, one dimensional ********. Can’t win in NFL playoffs, I’ve never wavered on that. Bill davis defense was the same, bend don’t break, go for turnovers.

it is must see tv. We wish it was boring, confident, consistent, competitive with continuity. But it is not. Kurt is talking crap in the booth, saying the exact opposite of what he actually did on his watch. Hero ball! It is too late now, training camp is over, can’t start running the ball early now and forcing defenses to play the run, why would they? So put your hands over your face, sneak peeks through your fingers, throw the remote every few minutes until you get a new one.

smushdown! cardinals up and take it like a fan!
We either outperform NFL defenses with our pass game and tired az defense, or we die dramatically in a gnarled and grotesque manner. withering red Cardinal locked inside a Phoenix beak, chirping always chirping. There ain’t no next year, give us your best team, let the feathers fall where they may.
Damn!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's the worst part.
We all know this squad can beat any team in the league. But will they? If they play every playoff game as crisp as they played in week one, we are super bowl bound....

But if they play confused and undisciplined like the past few weeks? They are flat out embarrassing
I don’t think it has anything to do with playing crisp or confused and undisciplined. We are 3 years removed from being the worst team in the NFL & the worst Cardinal team in history. We do not have the depth just yet to overcome losing DHop, Conners, Moore, Hudson, Watt, etc and expect to look like we did when these players were healthy & on the field every week. With Covid & injuries rampant around the league, it’ll be the teams that stay the healthiest & have the best coaching staffs that will come out on top.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there is this on the internet. Good night fellas. Everything is awesome.. Everything is awesome.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Uh oh

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weird season. Chiefs and Rams went through spells where people thought they were done.

Difference is they both had coaches who've been in the Super Bowl. And a former MVP/Super Bowl MVP QB as well (Chiefs).

Only game I really feel *bad* about is the Lions game. Not sure we beat the Cowboys, but it wouldnt surprise me if we did.

Glass Half Full. Rodney Hudson gives me hope that the team can get it together. Better for Kyler struggle/learn how to adjust without Hopkins now than in the playoffs. IF we somehow beat the Cowboys then maybe people were right that for whatever reason we're just a road team. And being 5th seed could be a blessing in disguise.

Time will tell.
Excellent points. Whenever I get pissed about how things aren’t going the Cards way, I always remind myself to “let it play out.” The 2008 SB team was certainly testament to that. Who knows what’s good or bad?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a single person on this board would have been upset (before the season) with a 10-5 record after 15 games.

57 (60%) people voted on this board before the season that we wouldn't have a winning season (8 wins or less). How many of those 57 people are complaining now (most of them?)?

We played like crap recently but that doesn't take away how many times we played amazing this year and bottom line...the results so far: 10 wins and a playoff berth.

Perspective.
Lol. I love the constant barrage of “what you thought at beginning of the season?” It’s like living life as an ostrich and ignoring all context. Expectations change as facts change. That’s not only appropriate but the way successful and healthy minded people lead their lives.