Warriors @ Suns Christmas Day game thread 12-25-2021

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yup, right in front of the ref too, you can see Booker looking at him going WTF
As I understand the rule, you can take two steps while you gather. This looks to me like two steps while gathering, then another two steps. Is my understanding of the rule incorrect?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Warriors are just different defensively. They bring a level of aggression that we don’t.

Payne is a legit problem right now and is the worst kind of PG for a contending team. Is Dragic available?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I understand the rule, you can take two steps while you gather. This looks to me like two steps while gathering, then another two steps. Is my understanding of the rule incorrect?

It was a walk I said it as it happened I can't believe they didn't call that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are just different defensively. They bring a level of aggression that we don’t.

Payne is a legit problem right now and is the worst kind of PG for a contending team. Is Dragic available?

I said it earlier with the guys out so Payton and Porter are starting they have a REALLY good defensive lineup. People hate Draymond but he's the most versatile defender in the league he guard JJJ in the last game and was guarding CP3 quite a bit tonight. Looney drives me nuts not being able to finish(the hip surgeries gutted his athleticism) but he's a really good defender. Porter I had no idea how good he was on defense he's a shot blocker and he has been really good. Steph is having his best defensive season ever, and Payton is a flat out stopper.

They need to get Wiggins and Poole back and Wiggins has become a pretty good defender himself but Payton is a much better defender than Poole and I was impressed with Weatherspoon that's the first I've seen him play he can really guard.

I really do wonder where Wiseman is going to fit when he gets back he was the weak link defensively last year I can't imagine he's improved on D as long as he's been out. He will have a hard time getting minutes if he hasn't because of how elite the rest of the D is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the Lakers lost with LeBron getting posterized in one of the plays of the year.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tonight was rough. But we honestly couldn’t have played any worse and we were right there with a chance to win at the end. Learning experience. Love this team. Flush it and move on to Monday

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have lost two of three against GS. I think we need to make another move. It’s going to be a three way horse race in the West and GS is going to get better as Klay re-acclimates.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tonight was rough. But we honestly couldn’t have played any worse and we were right there with a chance to win at the end. Learning experience. Love this team. Flush it and move on to Monday

The Suns shot 48% from the field, 37% from three, and 100% from the line. You're saying that's a worst-case scenario?

The Suns lost because the Warriors' role players were much better than their Phoenix counterparts, and the Suns were a step slow on the defensive boards all game long. There were a few times down the stretch where the Suns defended well, Curry missed a three, but the Warriors got the rebound. Even one of those can be a killer in a close game; string a few of them together, and you're pretty much guaranteeing a loss.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns shot 48% from the field, 37% from three, and 100% from the line. You're saying that's a worst-case scenario?

The Suns lost because the Warriors' role players were much better than their Phoenix counterparts, and the Suns were a step slow on the defensive boards all game long. There were a few times down the stretch where the Suns defended well, Curry missed a three, but the Warriors got the rebound. Even one of those can be a killer in a close game; string a few of them together, and you're pretty much guaranteeing a loss.
Yeah, I can think of twice where Curry launched a long, bad, 3 and none of our guys moved while it was in the air, just stood and watched.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The percentages weren’t terrible but it just didn’t feel fluid when we scored. And the rebounds definitely killed us. 13 turnovers led to 21 Warrior points. That’s more what I meant. I see your point however. Like I said, flush it and move on to Memphis tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns worried too much about Curry and forgot about the other players. It's about that simple.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It amazes me they let him get away with that garbage. It’s just cheating.

Not to mention the carries. I get it it happens a lot in the nba. Cp3 does that spiral type one or two times a possession. Curry frequently does it multiple times per possession. It’s ridiculous.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a
Not to mention the carries. I get it it happens a lot in the nba. Cp3 does that spiral type one or two times a possession. Curry frequently does it multiple times per possession. It’s ridiculous.

That type of Carry is far less egregious than taking four steps to allow you to get open

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. After digesting this game, I have come to the conclusion that the Warriors are the best team in the league right now. The Suns need to improve in order to beat them. I am not sure they need to improve their roster, they need to improve their play.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PHX needs a PF who can help Ayton on the boards. It seemed like GS had 3 or 4 shot attempts each possession because we couldn't grab a defensive rebound much like Finals against MIL. Hard to believe they only outrebounded us by 5. Crowder has become a liability and should be a bench player. Hard to imagine getting a legit PF without Bridges being the centerpiece in any deal.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A rebounding improvement would be in order. I think this team just leaves a lot of rebounding to Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They gang rebound everyone of them comes flying in to crash the boards. Outside of Ayton and McGee no one on this team is a good rebounder really

It’s a lot of standing around

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They gang rebound everyone of them comes flying in to crash the boards. Outside of Ayton and McGee no one on this team is a good rebounder really

It’s a lot of standing around

Exactly. A lot of standing around by Suns on rebounds and not boxing out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
PHX needs a PF who can help Ayton on the boards. It seemed like GS had 3 or 4 shot attempts each possession because we couldn't grab a defensive rebound much like Finals against MIL. Hard to believe they only outrebounded us by 5. Crowder has become a liability and should be a bench player. Hard to imagine getting a legit PF without Bridges being the centerpiece in any deal.
Didn’t help that Ayton only grabbed like 3 defensive boards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave