Truth Hurts...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kylers growth continues and all numbers point to that. Every time he has a bad game it lets the haters spew their trash but doesn’t mean that’s reality. Kliff may not be the guy to take this team to where we want to be, but Kyler is the most talented QB this team has EVER drafted, to give up on him would be stupid! We are not losing because of Kyler has he had some poor games of course every QB does, see Brady getting shut out last night. We are losing because our D has totally fallen apart from the lucky breaks we enjoyed early on, and our Oline is in shambles still. Kylers play almost follows whether Hudson plays or not he doesn’t trust the other guys and with good reason, he sees free rushers far to often. Just look at the game yesterday how much time did Goff have compared to Kyler? Lol playcalling has been just stupid we move all the way to first and goal and then get kute and don’t use Conner or Ertz? Jut stupid coaching is costing us a lot in these games, take the damn points stop with the hero ball on 4th downs, lots of blame to go around on these losses!
Kyler is good but not great. Will Kyler ever be great? That is the question. Kyler is no ARod. Is Kyler better than Lamar? I think he is but the record say he is worse than Lamar. IDK.

People are worked up coz a promising QB's play had gone backwards, 0-3 in his last 3 starts, thrown 3 interceptions and cannot run away from defenders as they figure out his moves..now what? The million dollar question.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup he has made some iffy choices especially in 4th down kickin fgs take points situations

I like the airraid but when its shut down cards pretty easy to beat. . I guess hop most of offense lol ugh was hopin kirk or andy would have steped up but of course not

Hope cards perform better vs colts but with the players out hudson nuk not to confident

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler is good but not great. Will Kyler ever be great? That is the question. Kyler is no ARod. Is Kyler better than Lamar? I think he is but the record say he is worse than Lamar. IDK.

People are worked up coz a promising QB's play had gone backwards, 0-3 in his last 3 starts, thrown 3 interceptions and cannot run away from defenders as they figure out his moves..now what? The million dollar question.
I think that a lot of posters are worked up because these are the exact same questions that we were asking last season. We surrounded him with more talent so what's the solution?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He started the bears game and they won so not sure what the 0-3 is but yes he has had a few poor games. The Rams game wasn’t terrible just had a bad int and a Tipped one that was costly but a great play arguably both were great plays by a good defense, but he threw and move the ball well over 400 yards. Anyway we lost the last two games because our god awful D has given up 30 points in back to back games which equals loss on the NFL. Giving up 30 to Detroit is a big giant uhoh for this D! The Rams have the talent to put up 30 but still terrible game for the D. Stafford and Goff had all day with clean pockets to throw from which makes it easy to dissect our stupid off coverage defense! Besides the O line this D is the bog glaring problem with this team. Kyler should not be asked to make up for not having the ability to stop anyone! Any team is gonna lose 95% or more of games giving up 30 damn points!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Also Rodgers wasn’t too great in year 3 for the record took him 6-7 years before he was the QB he is now…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that a lot of posters are worked up because these are the exact same questions that we were asking last season. We surrounded him with more talent so what's the solution?
The solution was ther for all to see early on, an decent Oline and a Defense both of which have vanished!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No part of this thread is "truth".
All it takes is a moment of adversity to see who the true spineless douchebags are.

This is the best team in AZ in years, shooting straight up in season outcome year over year over year, and they will do damage in the playoffs this year. What else could you really ask for?

I'd ask for some fans that aren't knock kneed ******* after a loss. That game sucked ass, but it's the only one so far this year. The other losses this year came with some understanding, this one did not. It was total *(&_$*.
Up till this week we were the best team in the NFL. Now we have to fire the GM, fire the coach, trade the QB, and lay with our mouths open next to the urinals.

It ain't Kliff who wears the leggings in this bunch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All it takes is a moment of adversity to see who the true spineless douchebags are.

This is the best team in AZ in years, shooting straight up in season outcome year over year over year, and they will do damage in the playoffs this year. What else could you really ask for?

I'd ask for some fans that aren't knock kneed ******* after a loss. That game sucked ass, but it's the only one so far this year. The other losses this year came with some understanding, this one did not. It was total *(&_$*.
Up till this week we were the best team in the NFL. Now we have to fire the GM, fire the coach, trade the QB, and lay with our mouths open next to the urinals.

you mad bro? switch to decaf.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well Kyler is 8-3 this year, last year he was 8-8 and that's if you put the last Rams loss on him, he played just a few drives but I guess it's fair to say he played enough?

So right now he's 5 losses better than last year.

Now if we lose the last 3 games and end on a 5 game slide I'll agree but we're not there yet.

I hated the way he played yesterday, he wasn't standing in there on the pass rush to deliver the ball, he didn't run as much as I think he needed to in order to slow the Lions pass rush down, and he just missed some throws and made a bad one on the INT even though AJ Green did nothing to help.

I think it's LIAC that has been saying Kliff may be Mark Jackson and the Cards need to hire Steve Kerr to get Kyler to the next step, I don't know if that's true or not I do know Kliff in 6 years in college had 2 winning seasons 4 losing seasons and his best season was his first 8-5 so he doesn't have a proven record of winning either. I hope Kliff is the guy i like Kliff, I think he's shown he can learn he's a better coach now than when we hired him I just think there's still clear room for him to grow and it's not clear to me how much of Kyler's issues are because of coaching. I hope we keep Colt around next year because he appears to be a good influence on him, and he's been a solid backup who's played quite well for us

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He started the bears game and they won so not sure what the 0-3 is but yes he has had a few poor games. The Rams game wasn’t terrible just had a bad int and a Tipped one that was costly but a great play arguably both were great plays by a good defense, but he threw and move the ball well over 400 yards. Anyway we lost the last two games because our god awful D has given up 30 points in back to back games which equals loss on the NFL. Giving up 30 to Detroit is a big giant uhoh for this D! The Rams have the talent to put up 30 but still terrible game for the D. Stafford and Goff had all day with clean pockets to throw from which makes it easy to dissect our stupid off coverage defense! Besides the O line this D is the bog glaring problem with this team. Kyler should not be asked to make up for not having the ability to stop anyone! Any team is gonna lose 95% or more of games giving up 30 damn points!
Kyler is 2-7, 2-6 and 1-2 in November and December football. 0-4 in important games that could get a playoff spot. It is not always him but he is a constant is all of these games with Kliff.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Tell it brother

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler is 2-7, 2-6 and 1-2 in November and December football. 0-4 in important games that could get a playoff spot. It is not always him but he is a constant is all of these games with Kliff.
Correct it’s not all him maybe check the game plan in those games. Look no further than yesterday we could all see Kyler was off and not having a good day so why you throwing the ball 40 times instead of using Conner and a fresh Edmonds? Maybe your D giving up 30 points the last few games? Lots of reasons this team loses but the D seems pretty consistently bad when it counts!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
they will do damage in the playoffs this year.
You said it, but what does that mean? Does winning a playoff game count as "doing damage"? Getting to the NFC championship game?

If we get in as a wildcard and lose our first game, I'm guessing that won't qualify, but who knows, you might move the goalposts!
What else could you really ask for?
Most of the complaints have been pretty specific, perhaps you should do a little reading before spouting off? How about anything other than a LITERAL historical loss. We accomplished something that hasn't ever been done, so that's cool.
That game sucked ass, but it's the only one so far this year.
The only one? We've lost more than we've won over the last 7 games, have you been watching? You can go re-watch the first seven if it makes you sleep better at night, but that team is long gone, and likely not coming back this season.
Keeping it classy, as usual. Hoping at some point you'll want to talk football!

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, I mean he had a .583 winning percentage and went to the Super Bowl once and the Conference Championship four other times while in Philly. In 14 seasons with the Eagles he had 3 losing seasons and finished first in the NFC East six times. In the five years in KC before Mahomes he went to the playoffs four times.

"Are we sure Andy Reid is even good?" is such an astronomically bad take.
C'mon now... that wasn't what I said and is not at all my take. Also, further to the "Kingsbury could be a burgeoning Reid" take...of course I can't get on board with that in any manner as I just can't make that leap. It should be noted that prior to taking the HC role at Philly, where he was also the de facto GM, he was the Offensive Assistant at Green Bay for 7 years, where he was a member and contributor to a Super Bowl victory.
Kliffy? What in his past prepared him to be a NFL head coach? What in his past suggests he's even remotely capable of mirroring the career of Andy Reid? I must be missing something...

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surely it can't be Kyler that hasn't stepped up when the W's really mattered though...right?
How can we tell? He looked awesome when the Oline was intact and the defense dust suck out loud. I think Kyler can be great when he has protection and he showed just that first half of the season? I don’t think it has anything to do with playoffs or big games, he plays poorly when he feels he has no time and he presses and overthrows or runs backwards. When he had protection early he was carving people up hence the best completion percentage and MVP talk. Since the Oline has been shambles it greatly affects him whether it’s feeling safe or actually running for his life back there.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How can we tell? He looked awesome when the Oline was intact and the defense dust suck out loud. I think Kyler can be great when he has protection and he showed just that first half of the season? I don’t think it has anything to do with playoffs or big games, he plays poorly when he feels he has no time and he presses and overthrows or runs backwards. When he had protection early he was carving people up hence the best completion percentage and MVP talk. Since the Oline has been shambles it greatly affects him whether it’s feeling safe or actually running for his life back there.

If/when Kyler proves he can be great in the latter stages of the season, AND, when things aren't perfect and just the way he wants them to be (as all "great" QB's have done), then I'll get off his back. Until then, my concerns with him remain...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If/when Kyler proves he can be great in the latter stages of the season, AND, when things aren't perfect and just the way he wants them to be (as all "great" QB's have done), then I'll get off his back. Until then, my concerns with him remain...

yeah... at a certain point if you are supposed to be a "transcendent" talent, that means you need to actually transcend above not optimal circumstances and play great... or at least good enough to win.

we've lost Kyler's last 3 of 4 games. He threw 0 TDs and 4 picks against the Rams and Green Bay, both of their teams being decimated by injuries and covid and put up an average of 22 ppg. And everyone saw the stink bomb he laid yesterday. That's a bad stretch, period.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And.... more on Kyler... There has never been a Super Bowl Champion QB who didn't win as a pocket-passer. Going all the way back to 1995 when Steve Young was considered a great running QB, he won that Super Bowl by tossing 6 TD passes, while throwing for 325 yards.
Since then, guys like Joe Flacco, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles...have all won Super Bowls!
Mahomes won in 2020, but he only ran for 29 yards in that game, while leading the Chiefs to 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to seal the victory.
My point is, here we are in year 3 and Kyler has yet to prove he can win a game from the pocket. And I believe that is a fatal flaw...

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
yeah... at a certain point if you are supposed to be a "transcendent" talent, that means you need to actually transcend above not optimal circumstances and play great... or at least good enough to win.

we've lost Kyler's last 3 of 4 games. He threw 0 TDs and 4 picks against the Rams and Green Bay, both of their teams being decimated by injuries and covid and put up an average of 22 ppg. And everyone saw the stink bomb he laid yesterday. That's a bad stretch, period.
The Colts game is yet another nationally televised, prime-time game... Needless to say, if Kyler lays yet another stink bomb, the perception of him is gonna plummet...and the voices highlighting his many short (pun intended) comings will be deafening!

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Reading your post, what talent on the front 7 do we have anyway? And don’t mention “Kliffy” or Kyler which you’re probably gonna do anyway. Just answer the question straight up.
I believe our front 7 isn't good...losing JJ Watt killed that group. But they didn't get shut-out in the first half and only score ONE TD against a depleted 1-win team...
The Rams only rushed for 89 yards...Stafford threw for less than 300 yards, and yet, Kyler still couldn't find a way to get it done.
Like I said... the truth hurts man.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe our front 7 isn't good...losing JJ Watt killed that group.
All that needed to be said. At least you realized there’s actually other personnel on a football field that we can criticize, just like Kyler & Kliff.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
All that needed to be said. At least you realized there’s actually other personnel on a football field that we can criticize, just like Kyler & Kliff.
Every team has issues... you can't really believe the Cards are the only team with deficiencies, do you?
The Head Coach and QB have the single greatest ability to influence success or failure. To the extent the Head Coach and QB are able to overcome adversity is what determines success or failure. All of the other excuses are just that, excuses.
If Kliff and Kyler desire to be considered in the top-echelons amongst their peers, they will have to prove they can win when it matters and when conditions are challenging. I cut them zero slack because our defense isn't a top 10 defense. I don't expect them to win a Super Bowl, but I do expect them to finish a season without craping their pants. 3 seasons in and all I see and smell are terribly soiled jockeys...