Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder, Saric, Payton plus picks works. I would think that a trade for Sabonis would include Crowder. Not sure it is worth disrupting our chemistry, but you take risks sometimes.
Saric and Payton are not even rotation players on a good team.

Crowder is a borderline starter.

That is what you are proposing as an offer for an all star player. It's laughable.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder, Saric, Payton plus picks works. I would think that a trade for Sabonis would include Crowder. Not sure it is worth disrupting our chemistry, but you take risks sometimes.

I say no thanks. But of course, I was against the Chris Paul trade too. :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric and Payton are not even rotation players on a good team.

Crowder is a borderline starter.

That is what you are proposing as an offer for an all star player. It's laughable.

Of course Saric and Payton are rotation players on a good team. Saric has been a rotation player on a playoff 76ers team and our playoff team last year and Payton was the starting PG for the playoff Knicks last year

Crowder starts for 80% of the teams in the NBA.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you need a guy or two like Crowder to win in the playoffs. Even if they are not lighting it up, he is a bull dog who gets under the skin of opposing teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need a guy or two like Crowder to win in the playoffs. Even if they are not lighting it up, he is a bull dog who gets under the skin of opposing teams.
Agreed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that he is an expiring makes him more attainable. Covington would be a fit with this team. He plays--or used to play--great D.

I'd be happy with Nance or Covington. It's a matter if the Trail Blazers will trade with us and what they would want in return.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course Saric and Payton are rotation players on a good team. Saric has been a rotation player on a playoff 76ers team and our playoff team last year and Payton was the starting PG for the playoff Knicks last year

Saric yes. Payton no. Crowder doesn’t start for 80% of teams, but he’s a high minute guy for virtually every team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

By the time the playoffs rolled around Payton had dropped out of the Knicks rotation entirely. He is profoundly terrible out there, our worst player by a mile.

When the ball is in his hands our ".5 second" offense becomes a good 5 seconds of dribbling and then something awful happens, on defense he is totally clueless, teammates repeatedly having to point out who he is supposed to cover.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the time the playoffs rolled around Payton had dropped out of the Knicks rotation entirely. He is profoundly terrible out there, our worst player by a mile.

When the ball is in his hands our ".5 second" offense becomes a good 5 seconds of dribbling and then something awful happens, on defense he is totally clueless, teammates repeatedly having to point out who he is supposed to cover.

Whatever happened, you and Payton need to make up. ;)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is what it’s come to huh. So spoiled we are complaining about our 3rd string PG lol.

I love it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what it’s come to huh. So spoiled we are complaining about our 3rd string PG lol.

I love it.

After wanting a center all these years, how ironic is the Suns have 3 or 4.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love it.
I’m refuting the idea that he would be a rotation player on a good team and that he has trade value. He is hardly playable in any situation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m refuting the idea that he would be a rotation player on a good team and that he has trade value. He is hardly playable in any situation.

Knicks were 10 games above .500 last season when Payton started. Does that count?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks were 10 games above .500 last season when Payton started. Does that count?
Even then, his individual splits are really bad. As the season went along the knicks did everything they could to limit the damage. He just stinks. I appreciate that higher ups in the organization seem to like him. But I don’t see any sign of life, his on/off stats this year are about as bad as could be imagined.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha. Didn't mean to rattle you all such. I was just throwing different salaries together to see what kind combos it would take to make a deal. If you can't get matching salaries then there is no point in trying to make an equitable deal.

My conclusion was that a trade would have to start with Crowder and add pieces on top of that. Believe me, it was not intended to be a complete trade proposal.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It feels right. I like Nance Jr. the player and because he has a Suns connection.

I also like that he is under contract for two seasons.

Initially i did like Nance Jr. due to his athleticism as he's had some nice dunks over the years. But as the years went on, he's undersized as a forward but can't really shoot on the outside as a wing without the handles. His points were on a slight incline until he met the blazers, and his 3pt % is all over the place. He would be a nice tertiary piece though but not at 10M i think is what he's making now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially i did like Nance Jr. due to his athleticism as he's had some nice dunks over the years. But as the years went on, he's undersized as a forward but can't really shoot on the outside as a wing without the handles. His points were on a slight incline until he met the blazers, and his 3pt % is all over the place. He would be a nice tertiary piece though but not at 10M i think is what he's making now.

If the Suns aren't acquiring Nance for the future, salary could be a problem. Of course with salaries going up, I would think he would be worth the contract.