The Contrarian take. Cardinals are going to be OK.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards still control their destiny in NFC West.

Four games more to figure out.

Chase Edmonds will be back next to give run game a lift.

Murray will play better than this going forward.

No bright light games left. (Colts on Christmas day. Bring it on. I say we win)

Vance knows his defense needs to take the next step and it will be more focused.

Last edited:

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree. We had 450 yards. They don’t beat us without 2 turnovers and bad ones at that. Stanford played the perfect game. They had not 1 bad play go against them. We had some questionable calls including the horrible holding call they called after Kyler was already 5 yards past Donald. That was the perfect storm. And they barely beat us. If we kick the fg at 500 left we tie that game. We didn’t give up many yards. Them having Ramsey would have meant nothing because DHop was taken away any way.

The bad is hopefully Conner is t hurt bad or DHop. But that was a weak win by the Rams on the point they had everything go perfect

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We barely lose to 2 elite teams at home because look at the stats we suck there especially turnovers. But 3-0
To packers and 2-0 to Rams won’t beat elite teams. Yet we barely lose both. We will be ok

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. We had 450 yards. They don’t beat us without 2 turnovers and bad ones at that. Stanford played the perfect game. They had not 1 bad play go against them. We had some questionable calls including the horrible holding call they called after Kyler was already 5 yards past Donald. That was the perfect storm. And they barely beat us. If we kick the fg at 500 left we tie that game. We didn’t give up many yards. Them having Ramsey would have meant nothing because DHop was taken away any way.

The bad is hopefully Conner is t hurt bad or DHop. But that was a weak win by the Rams on the point they had everything go perfect

Lol... a weak win, by the Rams, who hadn’t beaten anyone good in two months and were out EIGHT STARTERS and won without the Cardinals ever getting close to tying the game in the fourth quarter.

If that was weak, I’d hate to see what it would look like with them strongly beating us.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost 3 games in 4 months. Yes it would have been great to win tonight, but we didn’t.

However, we are going to the playoffs and we are still in control of the West.

Face it. Somewhere down the road we are going to have to beat the Bucs or the Packers and maybe both to get to the Super Bowl.

Can we do that? Not the way we played tonight. It will take error free football to beat these teams. Let’s learn from tonight. Four games left to go and we do not need any help from anybody to get to the playoffs.

It appears we don’t like playing at home.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope & pray JJ Watt can make it back, he's good at batting balls down at the LOS & that would be a thorn in the side to any QB we will face in the playoffs. Tipped balls are drive killers, it got us twice tonight.
Not to mention he makes our defense way better lol, like actually pressuring the opposing QB since Vance refuses to blitz more and create some ******* pressure??? Stafford had all ******* day to throw all night! One sack and CJ a no show???? Terrible DC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope & pray JJ Watt can make it back, he's good at batting balls down at the LOS & that would be a thorn in the side to any QB we will face in the playoffs. Tipped balls are drive killers, it got us twice tonight.

That dude ain’t coming back. And if he does, he’s going to destroy that shoulder and be done pretty quick, IMO.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to mention he makes our defense way better lol, like actually pressuring the opposing QB since Vance refuses to blitz more and create some ******* pressure??? Stafford had all ******* day to throw all night! One sack and CJ a no show???? Terrible DC
Legit, this team has not been the same since Watt got hurt, even in the wins. Personally I think we went from world beaters to just a good team. We need him back asap!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I hope you're wrong. 4-6 months is the recovery time & January 9th is 4 months. He's came back early before so we shall see?

yeah.. he came back early and almost immediately re-injured himself.

and it was a 4-6 month recovery time from the time of surgery. he delayed the surgery by like a month, didn't he? talking to multiple orthopedic surgeons in my family and friend circle, none of them expect him back or in any shape to actually contribute if he does come back. just not enough time.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah.. he came back early and almost immediately re-injured himself.

and it was a 4-6 month recovery time from the time of surgery. he delayed the surgery by like a month, didn't he? talking to multiple orthopedic surgeons in my family and friend circle, none of them expect him back or in any shape to actually contribute if he does come back. just not enough time.
I think it was Darren Urban that did the math on it when I listened to it? He said January 9th would be 4 months so I dunno?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We are ok. We are going to get a playoff game that we have the talent to win. We will see how much growth we show in that moment. More good teams coming in the regular season. Only one team getting a bye made it likely we weren't. Learning to be a champion at the NFL level is more difficult than just saying you hate to lose. Kyler still has to grow and develop as he gets more experience in these moments. We knew this when he came in the league and had rarely played in close, bigtime games. Kliff will get better understanding when to take 3 points. Vance is Vance. This game is who he is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We are ok. We are going to get a playoff game that we have the talent to win. We will see how much growth we show in that moment. More good teams coming in the regular season. Only one team getting a bye made it likely we weren't. Learning to be a champion at the NFL level is more difficult than just saying you hate to lose. Kyler still has to grow and develop as he gets more experience in these moments. We knew this when he came in the league and had rarely played in close, bigtime games. Kliff will get better understanding when to take 3 points. Vance is Vance. This game is who he is.

I like the sentiment of this post. My thought on the bolded portion, however, is "Will he really, though?"

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like the sentiment of this post. My thought on the bolded portion, however, is "Will he really, though?"
Just like Kyler, that is the hope. The only one who I know will not adjust, adapt or change is Vance. That guy is who he is.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This. The 1 time he blitzed the A gap worked perfectly, and then I didn’t see another blitz up the A gap again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose