Zach Ertz on Cowherd

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never having been “ rich” it seems to me I would take less money to be on a good team and a great organization.

It doesn’t mean I’d play for pennies but whether I’d get 7m and happy or 9m in a crappy situation I’d choose happy.

I know many will say “ It’s 2m dollars!” and I get it. However, many of these players have already made enough money to support them for the rest of their lives.

Tom Brady is a gazzilionaire but he took less money to keep talent around him.

Hopefully many of our players will think that way. Probably won’t. The owners are not cheap. They play under the parameters of a salary cap. But when you are playing for an owner who will privately fly a player to a game because of possible circumstances you have to respect that. That has to mean something to the players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was effusive in his praise of Kyler, Kliff and the team culture. He is one happy camper or he deserves an Emmy for portraying one. He did say a good quarterback was more important than the most money at this point in his career.

Polite way of saying I spent a year and a half with Jalen Hurt and I realize now that the QB is very important, if you don't have one or if he's a runner not a thrower, it really impacts you as a TE.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like he wants to stay even if it means less money. Obviously if he gets offered a hell of a lot more to play elsewhere he may jump at that, but barring something like that I expect we will get him resigned.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Never having been “ rich” it seems to me I would take less money to be on a good team and a great organization.

It doesn’t mean I’d play for pennies but whether I’d get 7m and happy or 9m in a crappy situation I’d choose happy.

I know many will say “ It’s 2m dollars!” and I get it. However, many of these players have already made enough money to support them for the rest of their lives.

Tom Brady is a gazzilionaire but he took less money to keep talent around him.

Hopefully many of our players will think that way. Probably won’t. The owners are not cheap. They play under the parameters of a salary cap. But when you are playing for an owner who will privately fly a player to a game because of possible circumstances you have to respect that. That has to mean something to the players.
There's also a non salary factor that shouldn't be dismissed. Playoff wins = more $$, teams that go deep = endorsement $$.

The point being, winning pays.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I live in Eagles country, and believe me, this guy meant so much to the success of that franchise both on and off the field. Eagles fans still love and respect him. All my Eagles friends are still rooting for him, especially if Philly isn’t involved. I’ve lived in PA for almost 30 years & he‘s one of the most beloved Eagles players I can remember. And they’re a tough fanbase to consistently please.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I live in Eagles country, and believe me, this guy meant so much to the success of that franchise both on and off the field. Eagles fans still love and respect him. All my Eagles friends are still rooting for him, especially if Philly isn’t involved. I’ve lived in PA for almost 30 years & he‘s one of the most beloved Eagles players I can remember. And they’re a tough fanbase to consistently please.
This is facts PA. The Texans game, I was "politely" told to shut the f up by some neighbors of my cousin who heard me cheering for Zach on the TD catch and run. I get at least 3-5 texts every game he does something good. It was a hurt piece for this city to see him leave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson