Cards / Rams Betting

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put this in the game thread but I did a fair amount of research so may as well make it it's own thing

The Cards are -2.5. Over / Under is 51.5

Cardinals against the spread are 9-3. Los Angeles Rams are 5-7

Murray sits at +750 for the MVP.

Recommendation:

The Rams have played in 6 road games so far this year. They are giving up 23.5 PPG on the road while the Cardinals are averaging just 22.6 points a game in 5 home games. The Cardinals number is really thrown off by the 10 point Carolina game where Kyler didn't start. Pulling that game out puts the Cardinals at 25.75 PPG at home with Murray starting.

That seems right in line with the spread so shade me towards the Cards covering 7 - 2 with Murray starting. Unders have been crushing this late in the year and with 51.5 being well over the 48 total averages these teams are getting I like the under here as well. Prediction: Cardinals 27-20

This will be the last week you can get Murray at +750 for the MVP if this prediction holds up.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care if the Cardinals don't cover the spread. I just want them to win!

Just stay away and take $20 to win $150 on Murray for MVP. At +750 he is being valued as an 11.8% chance to win. I see him easily as a 30% chance so that's a nice margin to make money on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put this in the game thread but I did a fair amount of research so may as well make it it's own thing

The Cards are -2.5. Over / Under is 51.5

Cardinals against the spread are 9-3. Los Angeles Rams are 5-7

Murray sits at +750 for the MVP.

Recommendation:

The Rams have played in 6 road games so far this year. They are giving up 23.5 PPG on the road while the Cardinals are averaging just 22.6 points a game in 5 home games. The Cardinals number is really thrown off by the 10 point Carolina game where Kyler didn't start. Pulling that game out puts the Cardinals at 25.75 PPG at home with Murray starting.

That seems right in line with the spread so shade me towards the Cards covering 7 - 2 with Murray starting. Unders have been crushing this late in the year and with 51.5 being well over the 48 total averages these teams are getting I like the under here as well. Prediction: Cardinals 27-20

This will be the last week you can get Murray at +750 for the MVP if this prediction holds up.

22.6 ppg at home is just crazy for this offense. Gotta right the ship at home and come out hot like we have almost every road game where it seems like we're up 14-0 by the end of every first quarter.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the spread but wont but on the under, I dont want to be upset if the Cards explode for a 40 burger or something and I know the Rams are scoring at least 10

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
22.6 ppg at home is just crazy for this offense. Gotta right the ship at home and come out hot like we have almost every road game where it seems like we're up 14-0 by the end of every first quarter.
Our home games involved some better defensive teams against the pass: SF, GB, CAR. GB is 9th/21st against the pass/run, CAR is 2nd/17th against the pass/run and SF is 5th/18th pass/run. Those defenses caused us problems at home. The Rams are 16th/7th pass/run, so I think we can pass the ball on them. The Cardinals have struggled more against the teams that were top 10 against the pass, which the Rams are NOT.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did drop $50 on Kyler MVP. Win this game, win Dallas. It's a done deal

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards win total is now at 13.5 with +130 in the under. This requires the Cards to go 4-1 in these final 3 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson