Inject positive Cards media into my veins

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On paper Green Bay appears to be headed to 14-3.

I wouldn't be so sure.

The Vikings already beat them once. Division games are always tough. The Ravens can beat anyone on their day. And the Browns at 6-6 are still well in the hunt for the playoffs and can beat anyone when they get out of their own way.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Something positive?

Redbird redemption: Why time is the secret ingredient to Vance Joseph’s dominant Cardinals defense

*piece in the Athletic.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think we get the 2 or 3 seed. Just my intuition. The Rams and the Colts will be tough and I bet we may rest some dudes against the Hawks.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we get the 2 or 3 seed. Just my intuition. The Rams and the Colts will be tough and I bet we may rest some dudes against the Hawks.
No rest if 1 seed is on the line, they would rest following week.

Colts will probably be toughest game and probably only one we may be able to afford to lose since it's out of conference.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
so as i had posted in a thread on why this stat is misleading-- and it was illustrated in the Bears game where the Cards had two fumbles and recovered two:

fumble one: K1 goes to pass, ball falls out of his hand and he falls on it. This counts as a sack/ fumble.

fumble two: poor mesh on a handoff, K1 falls on it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so as i had posted in a thread on why this stat is misleading-- and it was illustrated in the Bears game where the Cards had two fumbles and recovered two:

fumble one: K1 goes to pass, ball falls out of his hand and he falls on it. This counts as a sack/ fumble.

fumble two: poor mesh on a handoff, K1 falls on it.
Are you saying they are misleading because the defense didn't cause the fumbles with hits?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Are you saying they are misleading because the defense didn't cause the fumbles with hits?
the "Cardinals are usually lucky with fumbles" premise starts with observation that fumbles overall are 50/50 propositions on recovery. Given the Cards have fumbled 22 times, but lost only 2 -- stands to reason that there were several/ many possessions they shouldn't have had, and that 10-2 record isn't sustainable.

i claim misleading because a shotgun snap hitting the ground before being picked up, a shotgun snap K1 falls on, or even a missed handoff in the shotgun will have a far, far higher expected self recovery percentage than your average fumble. Those three types of fumbles are ~15 of the 22.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
McAfee is one of my favorite dudes to watch & listen to on football. The guy is crazy. I guess you pretty much have to be to be a punter/kicker in this league.
He is awesome. The ONLY thing is he has GOT to STOP wearing the tank tops. I’m sorry but tank tops on guys just look ridiculous.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose