Game Balls for Bears game

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Kyler Murray… Huge game when you add In Rushing totals. Welcome back.

2. Deandre Hopkins… Not a huge game but a HUGE play and his presence mattered.

3. James Conner... Just continues to produce and get key first downs. Such an underrated receiver IMO.

4. Zach Allen…. Huge play on the pick recognizing that screen and going to get it.

5. Jalen Thomson (hope he’s not injured too bad)

6. Prater… those snapping issues Geesh and was still $ today

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Conner was awesome today. 108 yards from scrimmage, including those tough garbage time carries.

Sure handed too. Takes care of the ball when running, and that was a sick catch he made for his TD.

Some people say he's "easily replaceable" because power backs are a dime a dozen. Maybe a little, but I think he's more than that. I think when you add up running/catching/blocking, he might be a top ten back in the league.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Phillips had a very good game. But Hicks should be here as well.
Not sold on Kyler being on the list. I mean he didn’t do anything to hurt the team today, but he sure looked rusty to me, other than being able to use his legs of course…

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sold on Kyler being on the list. I mean he didn’t do anything to hurt the team today, but he sure looked rusty to me, other than being able to use his legs of course…
Best QB rating of the season..136.9.

Believe it or not. He had a great game in a lot of rain.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
First off, running is allowed for a QB and those count... if you do not think he should be on the list, well it's quality over quantity and in bad weather conditions the guy had two passing TDs and two rushing TDs (and I think we have become spoiled on how easy he makes them look, they were exceptional) playing those situations accordingly

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Best QB rating of the season..136.9.

Believe it or not. He had a great game in a lot of rain.
He threw 15 passes… completed 11. Had one great TD throw to D-hop and was bailed out by Conner on the other TD when Conner made a great one-handed catch on a poorly thrown ball by Murray.
Great? Not in my book… he played a good game, mainly because he didn’t turn the ball over.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
First off, running is allowed for a QB and those count... if you do not think he should be on the list, well it's quality over quantity and in bad weather conditions the guy had two passing TDs and two rushing TDs (and I think we have become spoiled on how easy he makes them look, they were exceptional) playing those situations accordingly
He played a good game, mainly because he didn’t turn the ball over.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conner was awesome today. 108 yards from scrimmage, including those tough garbage time carries.

Sure handed too. Takes care of the ball when running, and that was a sick catch he made for his TD.

Some people say he's "easily replaceable" because power backs are a dime a dozen. Maybe a little, but I think he's more than that. I think when you add up running/catching/blocking, he might be a top ten back in the league.

He's not easy replaceable but also not a top 10 back. He's somewhere in between.

For me, he's the running back equivalent of a game manager. Very good doing what he's asked to do but doesn't have the vision to make something from nothing in the run game.

That's not to say he's not very talented. Great hands for sure and reliable. I'd like him to stay for sure.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He played a good game, mainly because he didn’t turn the ball over.
No, he played a great game... mainly because he was part of four scores while not turning the ball over like maybe, Andy Dalton or other 'starters' might have like maybe Daniel Jones or even Lamar Jackson recently regardless of weather conditions

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He's not easy replaceable but also not a top 10 back. He's somewhere in between.

For me, he's the running back equivalent of a game manager. Very good doing what he's asked to do but doesn't have the vision to make something from nothing in the run game.

That's not to say he's not very talented. Great hands for sure and reliable. I'd like him to stay for sure.
Agree. He’s the type of back that you might typically find on a championship team… :thumbup:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No, he played a great game... mainly because he was part of four scores while not turning the ball over like maybe, Andy Dalton or other 'starters' might have like maybe Daniel Jones or even Lamar Jackson recently in good weather conditions
Sorry, but I don’t compare Kyler to dudes like Dalton or Jones… or even Lamar for that matter as Kyler is a far better thrower than Jackson.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He threw 15 passes… completed 11. Had one great TD throw to D-hop and was bailed out by Conner on the other TD when Conner made a great one-handed catch on a poorly thrown ball by Murray.
Great? Not in my book… he played a good game, mainly because he didn’t turn the ball over.
That's right. He played an excellent game. There was never any reason to start passing the ball a lot. He actually improved on his league leading completion percentage.

This game was decided at 14-0. We were never seriously threatened. He didn't have to be heroic.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That's right. He played an excellent game. There was never any reason to start passing the ball a lot. He actually improved on his league leading completion percentage.

This game was decided at 14-0. We were never seriously threatened. He didn't have to be heroic.
Totally agree… which is why I don’t believe he should be on this list.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not Kyler? That's brutal.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree on adding Murphy and Hicks. Both were very good today. KM did what he had to do. No turnovers in that weather was huge.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
1. Kyler Murray… Huge game when you add In Rushing totals. Welcome back.

2. Deandre Hopkins… Not a huge game but a HUGE play and his presence mattered.

3. James Conner... Just continues to produce and get key first downs. Such an underrated receiver IMO.

4. Zach Allen…. Huge play on the pick recognizing that screen and going to get it.

5. Jalen Thomson (hope he’s not injured too bad)

6. Prater… those snapping issues Geesh and was still $ today

Someone who had 13 tackles and 2 sacks is not on the list. :)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Not Kyler? That's brutal.
I’d put him on the list. I’ve said it before, he’s the best running QB I’ve seen. Those 2 rollout TDs were things of beauty. His ability to see the slots in the defense so he can exploit its weakness, is likely the best I’ve ever seen. Kingsbury wasn’t going to call a bunch of deep passes in those conditions. Murray’s execution in bad conditions was noteworthy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave