Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they aren’t doing that with rip throughs. Bc Paul does it so much we’ve heard it talked about multiple times this season. That move doesn’t apparently fall into the category. I think it should, but it doesn’t. So he’s just bitching.

He did it to Payton and you could see the ref tell him that's not a foul anymore.

Look at the list, KD rip throughs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He didn't reach he had his hand there and CP3 swept up and hit it. he's not shooting, he's not passing, he's trying to hit the arm that's what kerr was complaining about. And he tried to do it again to Payton and the ref didn't call it because it's not supposed to be a foul this year
The rip through is a basketball move. That's why they call it. Jumping into a guy, sideways into a guy while shooting, kicking the leg out, and all the weird unusual moves to create contact that are not a normal move are not being called. You are allowed to raise up with the ball, whether to pass or shoot, is part of normal basketball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting nothing from our bench today

Payne 0 points 1/6
McGee 0 points 1 rebound
Cam 3 points 1/3

Bridges defense not great tonight when he’s been in and he’s not giving much on offense

Ayton, Crowder Paul and Shamet doing the heavy lifting
Thankfully shamet is actually is contributing for once.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Not fouled on the arm.

Suns have zero expose to complain I a game where all the calls are going there way.

I did see it and it wasn't close if we are talking about the same play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul has been getting that call all season. Just saying.

OK but he's not supposed to. Did you watch the W's play the Nets? they were talking about it at length in that game because Durant and especially Harden are not happy with the new don't call a foul on "non basketball moves" and they specifically pointed out they're not calling the rip through like they used to I don't watch enough Suns games to see if Paul is getting that call but I know LeBron's not he's complained about it too

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK but he's not supposed to. Did you watch the W's play the Nets? they were talking about it at length in that game because Durant and especially Harden are not happy with the new don't call a foul on "non basketball moves" and they specifically pointed out they're not calling the rip through like they used to I don't watch enough Suns games to see if Paul is getting that call but I know LeBron's not he's complained about it too
I thought the change was they're not calling it a shooting foul anymore?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I take your word for it but Paul has been consistently been getting the rip through call.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rip throughs are the least of Harden’s problems. Just saying.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rip through is a basketball move. That's why they call it. Jumping into a guy, sideways into a guy while shooting, kicking the leg out, and all the weird unusual moves to create contact that are not a normal move are not being called. You are allowed to raise up with the ball, whether to pass or shoot, is part of normal basketball.
He's not shooting or passing he's trying to hit the defender in the arm. Again see what I posted they specifically cited the KD rip through as an example of a non basketball move this year

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have seen they don't generally give it to Paul 40+ feet from the basket, but anywhere near the three line, he's been getting that call all year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton should have had that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is afraid to finish AGAIN and Ayton goes up too damn soft to finish an easy one.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton plays like a scared cat at the rim. Just dunk the dam ball and quit being such a wuss

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, Ayton pretty sorry on that. Geez.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Rips throughs are 100% still fouls. There is talk of them reviewing them as not fouls in the offseason, but they don’t fall under the new ”unnatural shooting form“ that they are no longer calling fouls on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He didn't reach he had his hand there and CP3 swept up and hit it. he's not shooting, he's not passing, he's trying to hit the arm that's what kerr was complaining about. And he tried to do it again to Payton and the ref didn't call it because it's not supposed to be a foul this year
Wrong. You’re just wrong Russ. We’ve heard it from local and National announcers. It’s not part of the new rules.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reach in. The guys arms were too close. Arms are supposed to be up not straight out.
That wasn't the question was he shooting or passing? You can't answer because he wasn't doing either