Cards signing QB Trace McSorley off Ravens Practice Squad

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Arizona is signing QB Trace McSorley off the Ravens’ practice squad and on to the Cardinals’ roster, per source.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one concern here is how long for McSorley to learn the offense? We get a bye week but both our QB's are still hurt and so it's not a completely crazy notion that the 3rd QB might have to play in a game.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams need to carry 3 qbs especially with the 17 game schedule, Covid-19 problems and injuries. The Streveler experiment was a disaster. McSorely had a very good college career at Penn State and was drafted by the Ravens in the 6th round in 2019. He has played behind Lamar Jackson.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Not much of an acquisition. He’s a good athlete with a strong arm but his accuracy and judgment leave much to be desired. He can run with the ball and has above average speed.

The hope is he’s matured, but since he was allowed to be taken I doubt much has changed. He can be reckless and impatient at times. He did make a few notable big plays in college but he was never consistent. He’s an upgrade over Streveler but not a major one. He should be decent running the scout team. This is happening so late it makes me wonder if there’s new concern about Murray.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Colt getting banged up made the importance of the third QB very real

there was also a play vs SF where Strev came in to run short yardage and it sure looked like maybe he turned the wrong way --- and was never seen again in the game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And it might be a good 2022 move. A team drafting a QB next year might throw a lot of money at McCoy as a "bridge QB"
I'm not for letting a quality backup go but you are right... Cards need to approach him first before he becomes a free agent because for his role this offensive system fits him to a T

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased the Cardinals made a change. I wish Chris Streveler well. However, it was time to look at someone different.

Welcome aboard Trace McSorley.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards will resign McCoy. He will not be getting big bucks at his age and likes it here. However, he may get a decent raise like Drew Stranton did. They could give him a 2 year contract for $4 million total. He is a career backup not a starter and 35 years of age.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose