Is Seattle Good Enough to Beat the Cards?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Well it’s worth noting Wilson returned last week and looked rusty, though he wasn’t hesitant to run. He figures to improve his passing with each week. DK Metcalf has been plagued throughout the year with a foot injury and last week hurt his hip. His performance in the last few weeks has been marginal except for one long TD. He’s certainly not at his best. The Seattle O-line has been badly beaten up and looks to be shorthanded this week. Frankly the receiving corp has not lived up to expectations. The TEs have been useless sign Olsen retired. In fact Seattle tried to get Ertz, but the Cards outbid them.

The Seattle defense has been odd this year. They’ve kept the Seahawks in most games by allowing few points, though they’ve given up plenty of yards. Seattle has drafted well on defense. Tre Brown, a fourth round pick, has been quite a bit more effective than Wilson. Jordyn Brooks has been a force at LB against the pass as well as the run. Seattle is the 5th ranked defense at stopping red zone scoring. They bend but don’t often break. Overall the defense is vulnerable but has made quite a few big plays. It’s true the Cards are +8 in turnovers, Seahawks are only +3, but their turnovers have been well timed.

IMO the Cards are the better team with or without Murray (my best source thinks he plays but not Hopkins). So how do the Cards win. On offense they need to use Ertz. He is still an exceptional threat and if Kingsbury can figure out how to use a TE, he can keep the Seattle defense spread thin enough to break them. Next the Cards must recapture their red zone mojo. Of course Ertz can play a role here. If The Cards start a series inside the 10, I’d use Streveler over McCoy. Streveler adds plays to the options Kingsbury has and is reasonably effective on short passes. This forces Seattle to keep strength in their line, weakening their edge defense and opening more end zone space. My last thought is about the run game. The Cards have to keep the defense honest by running. The Seahawks D-line is solid but the Cards need to keep pressuring them. Kingsbury’s creativity would help. Some motion, including jet sweeps and delays could work. I would like to see a middle screen or a shuttle pass to disrupt the rush. The Cards’ run game has been vanilla so far this year. Time to change that.

On defense the Cards need to pressure Wilson. Don’t be afraid to blitz. Rushes must stay in their lanes. Since Hicks is not strong in coverage hold him in the middle to guard against Wilson using that escape route. Wilson is not at full strength. I’d test him to see if he can throw accurately on the run. If the Cards can neutralize Wilson, the Seahawks have no chance.

The Seahawks will put up a fight but the Cards are the better team. This is not the Seattle we’ve seen in the past. If the Cards don’t give them points, they’ll have trouble earning them. I’m expecting the Cards will be up for this game. I imagine it will be decided in the fourth quarter and the Cards simply need to want it more.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I kind of like the idea of the K1 start and the Hop sitting.

high thought I had in the jacuuzi the other night, I would love to see some studies on players adrenal glands and how it changes their measurables in a game vs practice or pro day. I'm always confused by Hopkins speed. He doesnt look fast and always looks out of control. Lots of soft tissue injuries too that makes me wonder if he just cant possibly replicate his game output during his offseason training sessions.

Like any other muscle or gland, some players will have high functioning ones and some will have low functioning ones? does that make sense or should I hit the jacuuzi again?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is the same kind of thing that was said before the Panthers game.
Panthers D is on whole other level compared to Seattle. Seahawks average 1.7 sacks per game & have only 15 total for year. The metrics everywhere are bad but they seem to stop teams in red zone. It's seems like the ultimate bend but don't break defense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have no confidence that the Cardinals can win with McCoy after last week. Maybe an overreaction, but last week was pretty bad.
Yeah. I know. Last year's Giants were so much better than our current team. And last year Seattle was so much worse.

Not!!!!!

Look, I think K1 plays. If he does not I am not laying money on the Cards. But this "we're doomed" outlook with McCoy is just as silly as being super confident with him.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is the same kind of thing that was said before the Panthers game.

Curious. Harry is correct that yardage wise, SEA's defense is horrible. Ranked right at the bottom of the entire league (400.6 YPG).

But in PPG game, they're 9th out of 32 (20.7 per game).

Conversely, we are 3rd in the league in Red Zone scoring percentage (75%). We're 2nd in the league in Red Zone TDs per game at 2.8. Of course most of this is with Murray, Chase and Dhop in the line up.

But it's strength vs. strength, assuming we have Baby Yoda and James "Wrecking Ball" Conner leading our attack.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Rest easy, comrades! We are the Cardinals, the best team in the league. We'll stomp Seattle and then rest up for the final push to the championship.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think I have no confidence that the Cardinals can win with McCoy after last week. Maybe an overreaction, but last week was pretty bad.
Surely Mccoy can't play any worse than last week I hope? That Panthers defense is fast & physical & jam you at the line of scrimmage in press coverage. I really don't think the Shehawks have a DL as fast & good as the Panthers plus they play zone coverage. I really like our chances in this game barring anything crazy happening. But hey, this is the NFL & the phrase "any given sunday" applies more so this year than any I can remember. Go cards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got a bad feeling to be honest.

I'm starting to get a little deja vu. We were good the first half of last season and then teams figured us out. Last year, it was how to stop Kyler's legs. This year I get the feeling teams are starting to figure out ways of slowing down this offense. We saw some of it against GB and last week against the Panthers.

I just hope Kliff has a plan B this time if that's the case.

I'm not all the way there yet, it's just an inkling right now but this Sunday's game will go a long way to proving the theory one way or the other.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
4I've got a bad feeling to be honest.

I'm starting to get a little deja vu. We were good the first half of last season and then teams figured us out. Last year, it was how to stop Kyler's legs. This year I get the feeling teams are starting to figure out ways of slowing down this offense. We saw some of it against GB and last week against the Panthers.

I'm not all the way there yet, it's just an inkling right now but this Sunday's game will go a long way to proving the theory one way or the other.
To be fair once Kliff switched to no huddle we almost scored 3 straight TDS vs the Packers.

Then soft coverage 49ers allowed Colt to really dink and dunk on them.

I think the real issue is how much Hopkins makes the rest of the WR core better. Kirk is better when he's a #2. AJ Green is better when he's a #3. Rondale Moore is clearly much better when he's just the 4th option.

Hopkins needs to get healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a bad feeling to be honest.

You gotta throw last week out dude. Or at least change your expectations. Colt McCoy’s performance in SF was an honest to God miracle.

Last week is what I expect from him. But he’s not KK’s offense. That solely revolves around Kyler. There is no Plan B there so we go as Kyler’s health goes.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta throw last week out dude. Or at least change your expectations. Colt McCoy’s performance in SF was an honest to God miracle.

Last week is what I expect from him. But he’s not KK’s offense. That solely revolves around Kyler. There is no Plan B there so we go as Kyler’s health goes.
Could define his career, like RGIII's long history of injuries...

Speaking of RGIII, he has a contract with ESPN that allows him to pursue playing for an NFL team if they come asking...

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
The Cardinals continue their victorious road tour.
With KM we win 26-20
Without KM we win 19-17

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Surely Mccoy can't play any worse than last week I hope? That Panthers defense is fast & physical & jam you at the line of scrimmage in press coverage. I really don't think the Shehawks have a DL as fast & good as the Panthers plus they play zone coverage. I really like our chances in this game barring anything crazy happening. But hey, this is the NFL & the phrase "any given sunday" applies more so this year than any I can remember. Go cards.
I mean, he could play worse.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"It's not numbers-wise this year for me, it's really bringing the younger guys along and like I said, just being a leader on this team," he said. "I've been here for three years now. I know what it feels like to win and I'm starting to see how it feels to lose. I'm helping the younger guys see that we still have to believe, and we still have to fight, because we still have eight games, can still finish 11-6, and possibly win the division. We have to keep fighting and keep believing, because it's always brighter on the other side.
You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave