Panthers @ Cardinals postgame thread

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was an EMBARRASSING loss, only highlight is that it ended.
1. Cam Newton was unemployed 5 weeks, comes in and scores 2 TD's
2. Gave up 325 yards of total offense and still lose by 24.
3. Reddick giving Keim an up close look of the huge mistake he made letting him go.
4. Colt McCoy is not a capable back up, SF defense is REALLY bad.
But of an overreaction I’d say. The Panthers have a damn good and FAST defense that has not been their issue. They will be in the playoff hunt book it! The whole team stunk today not just McCoy, I would say KK is the worst offender with the ridiculous game plan to come out throwing against one of the best pass defenses in football with a back up QB and back up Olinemen! Should have been trying to run the ball from the jump but KK got cute and ****** the whole game away until late in the fourth the only TD drive utilizing the run lol what an idiot!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game just started wrong. Down 14 points in the 1st we had to be in catchup mode while the Panthers only had to clamp down and make McCoy throw. Murray might of made some explosive plays it work but McCoy no.
You don’t have to abandon your game plan only 14 points if you can score like we can. Fact is KK has a stupid ass plan and came out throwing which put us in the hole to start with! They have a fast defense so what do we do drop McCoy back and trust back olinmen to block long developing plays…genius! KK lost this game from the jump like did he not watch any film on their D honestly doesn’t seem like it. The whole team had a mail it in body language from the start.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
17-24 (WFT)
35-56 (Jets)
23-27 (Panthers)
29-37 (Giants)
20-48 (Eagles)
14-35 (Vikings)
07-47 (Pats)

*Our 7 in-season losses the year we went to the SB!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Move on already.

Cowboys got spanked by Denver last week and it's forgotten already after this weeks result.

We are 8-2. That's a great place to be. Now we just need to make sure we go into the bye week 9-2.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Move on already.

Cowboys got spanked by Denver last week and it's forgotten already after this weeks result.

We are 8-2. That's a great place to be. Now we just need to make sure we go into the bye week 9-2.
That's sweeping it under the rug

This team needs to look in the mirror along with the coaching staff

Are they going to melt?

Or show some character and come back strong?

Canuckfan

Reaction score
We didn’t lose because we were at home. We didn’t lose because no Kyler or Hopkins. We didn’t lose because of Newton.
We lost because our Cardinals didn’t try to win. We lost because our coaches were not prepared to adapt their calls.
Or we lost because we are the Cardiac Cardinals. We will see when we visit Seahawk Country.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's sweeping it under the rug

This team needs to look in the mirror along with the coaching staff

Are they going to melt?

Or show some character and come back strong?

I'm talking as fans. No point trying to analyse this one to death. **** happens in the NFL.

The Panthers were better prepared and played better. They need to learn from that, but as fans there's no point getting into a doom spiral. We had a bad day, hopefully it was a one off.

Someone should go burn down State Farm though so we have to play all our games on the road.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We didn’t lose because we were at home. We didn’t lose because no Kyler or Hopkins. We didn’t lose because of Newton.
We lost because our Cardinals didn’t try to win. We lost because our coaches were not prepared to adapt their calls.
Or we lost because we are the Cardiac Cardinals. We will see when we visit Seahawk Country.
Sorry, but we did lose because of not having Murray, Hop, and a slew of other players. When you have a star QB like Murray, the drop off between him and a 2nd string QB is massive. The Packers are a legit SB contender. Did they win without Rodgers? No. We were fortunate to go into SF and get a W. Let's be thankful that even happened. Carolina had tape on McCoy, and their D is light years better than the Niner D. Let's pray that Murray plays next week. If not, we'll see similar results.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking as fans. No point trying to analyse this one to death. **** happens in the NFL.

The Panthers were better prepared and played better. They need to learn from that, but as fans there's no point getting into a doom spiral. We had a bad day, hopefully it was a one off.

Someone should go burn down State Farm though so we have to play all our games on the road.
Every player interviewed after the game, and Kingsbury, all said the same thing. They had the greater urgency, wanted it more, etc.

That says it all about yesterday. There is nothing to analyze. They wanted it a lot more, they smashed us in the mouth on both sides of the ball, and we couldn't mount a response.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every player interviewed after the game, and Kingsbury, all said the same thing. They had the greater urgency, wanted it more, etc.

That says it all about yesterday. There is nothing to analyze. They wanted it a lot more, they smashed us in the mouth on both sides of the ball, and we couldn't mount a response.
They were hungrier and we played stupid. We kept feeding them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Unacceptable when a certain team consistently does that to you over a span of years now. I guess not enough of them can remember back to just last year when they physically embarrassed us on their field. Bottom line, we have zero ability to come back without Murray on the field. Without Murray, if we don't jump a team early, it's over.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Our rookies are either hitting the wall or were exposed by Carolina's superior coaching yesterday. Moore and Wilson had their worst games of the season. Moore kept ducking out of bounds and Wilson got burned repeatedly on slants by every Carolina receiver. Both are a concern going forward.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just don’t want to play Carolina anymore , it doesn’t matter their record, who is QB or anything, that franchise has been taking our lunch money the last few seasons and it’s rather perplexing as they are very beatable .

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Move on already.

It's not a great place to be if we don't get KM back in football games. It's merely a hedge against the inevitable slide if we don't get him back. It's merely a near guarantee we'll squeak into the playoffs. Without KM, we are going nowhere fast.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I liked kliffs presser but said the same thing whiz and BA said weekly, well Conner didn’t have many opportunities in the first 1/2, I need to get him the ball more. Yes freaking 2 carries most of the first 1/2 ain’t enough! The one 16 yarder called back for holding. Pisses me off every week, but you all know that. For decades duh duh duh duh - earn your damn play action, so defenses can’t tee off on the QB!
Must wash it off again, but scars don’t wash, our run game coordinator needs to get a bull horn, don’t be stupid again, like again, like again echo echo echo

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Sorry, but we did lose because of not having Murray, Hop, and a slew of other players. When you have a star QB like Murray, the drop off between him and a 2nd string QB is massive. The Packers are a legit SB contender. Did they win without Rodgers? No. We were fortunate to go into SF and get a W. Let's be thankful that even happened. Carolina had tape on McCoy, and their D is light years better than the Niner D. Let's pray that Murray plays next week. If not, we'll see similar results.
agreed, we lost because we didnt have our two best players.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I hope it's as simple as that. Our defensive line is in shambles at this point, and that ain't getting better anytime soon. We couldn't even slow down their running game, and I think Marco Wilson will get plenty more attention moving forward.

If JJ Watt is healthy and plays, I think we see a different result.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don’t believe in this they wanted it more nonsense. So were our players just lazy, didn’t feel like playing, going through the motions, or just earning a paycheck?