Hawks @ Suns Saturday game thread 11-6-2021

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Can’t stop thinking how big a win that was even in November. They hadn’t been playing well and there’s been a lot of weirdness surrounding the franchise. They’re 2-0 playing mostly backup centers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Frank improved his game or was he always like this? If he was always like this then why he didn’t show up during the finals?

The Suns went with Torrey Craig more except for game 6 of the Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton had a MRI and it reportedly came back clean. He is not expected to play against the Kings per Monty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton had a MRI and it reportedly came back clean. He is not expected to play against the Kings per Monty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He returned for 1 game and went back out. I have a bad feeling about Ayton. I think he's using the injury to sit. Monty won't come out and say he's sitting because of the Sarver stuff but I think he is. I don't like how he returned, played decent, and is hurt again. Something about it is strange.

Monty said anyone who doesn't want to play because of the Sarver stuff doesn't have to. It was after the Rockets game when Jalen Rose dropped the bomb that Sarver called Ayton a lazy n..... which is when he decided to sit. He hasn't played since that part of the story came out. I don't blame Ayton for not playing until he can get his mind right in that regard but I don't like it for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He returned for 1 game and went back out. I have a bad feeling about Ayton. I think he's using the injury to sit. Monty won't come out and say he's sitting because of the Sarver stuff but I think he is. I don't like how he returned, played decent, and is hurt again. Something about it is strange.

Monty said anyone who doesn't want to play because of the Sarver stuff doesn't have to. It was after the Rockets game when Jalen Rose dropped the bomb that Sarver called Ayton a lazy n..... which is when he decided to sit. He hasn't played since that part of the story came out. I don't blame Ayton for not playing until he can get his mind right in that regard but I don't like it for the Suns.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for the moment but it doesn't seem to add up.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I hope this isn't one of those mysterious TJ Warren injuries.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frank has always been this guy. I've said it before, give Frank regular mins and he will produce. He could match DA's #s this season.
Frank AND Javale can for sure match those numbers. The thing is so far this season DA hasn't set the bar very high.

With all the crap goin on I don't blame DA for not wanting to risk it. Thanks to Saver if he gets injured its OVER for him.
I wouldn't play either.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank has always been this guy. I've said it before, give Frank regular mins and he will produce. He could match DA's #s this season.
Frank AND Javale can for sure match those numbers. The thing is so far this season DA hasn't set the bar very high.

With all the crap goin on I don't blame DA for not wanting to risk it. Thanks to Saver if he gets injured its OVER for him.
I wouldn't play either.

Ayton is guaranteed to get paid $12,632,950 this season and $16,422,835 next season.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We keep saying “luckily” when it comes to frank. The guy is under appreciated on the team and on the board here. Too bad he didn’t get more burn in the finals.

We forget how large frank is. He makes smart plays to offset some of his athletic limitations. His shot keeps them honest.

Although not quite a passer as Dario I think he makes Dario expendable.
Agree with you. I’ve always been a fan of Frank, especially watching him at Wisconsin. I say “luckily” because we needed someone to step up in that game. Best part, he hasn’t stopped stepping up! Love seeing him get more playing opportunities now