Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting bigger and bigger.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
See my previous response to this. The reverse is also true and the assumption here is there is not more to be discovered. That wasn't true with Sterling and I doubt it's true here either.
There is no assumption in my post. I’m merely pointing out the assumption people are making due to use of the number 70 in the article. We have no idea one way or the other. If this is really all accurate the number likely increases. Hopefully (man that’s a weird thing to type in this scenario), that’s the case and he’s out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well, this could be the beginning of the snowball . . . in a way I didn’t expect.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sports are another beast altogether.
Not from a legal standpoint. You can just as easily sue a sports franchise as any other for discrimination or harassment. If you are talking about being harder to "get out". Well we now know that too because of the alleged settlements.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, as an aside, I think the Watson klutch story was stupid. That’s just sarver being an ass. Watson somehow twisted it into race. It really had no place in the story other than sarver being an ass. In fact, I think that story made Watson look as bad as sarver.

And the Corliss williamson story is also a freaking BS story. Literally one or two paragraphs later they tell a similar story about sarver with Igor. Race was stupid to raise in that context in this story.

In fact I thought those two “race” stories actually served to minimally undercut the power of the story. Baxter shouldn’t have included them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not from a legal standpoint. You can just as easily sue a sports franchise as any other for discrimination or harassment. If you are talking about being harder to "get out". Well we now know that too because of the alleged settlements.
Just a lot more difficult. There will be a closing of ranks to insulate the powerful in a much different way than you’d see in typical corporate America.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no assumption in my post. I’m merely pointing out the assumption people are making due to use of the number 70 in the article. We have no idea one way or the other. If this is really all accurate the number likely increases. Hopefully (man that’s a weird thing to type in this scenario), that’s the case and he’s out.
Correct. You said I fell into a trap assuming that the statements included were from the spectrum of the 70 verses one person. I am saying to make that statement you seemed to be assuming that it was all coming from one person. I don't think I ever definitively stated I knew one way or the other. My assumptions were based on the references to "incidents" not detailed. Meaning there are other details obviously not in the report. We now know there are cases settled. I was also assuming more people come forward. Unless I see a detailed report of who said what I won't assume either way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns players if you want action.

Don’t play tonight

So far Suns players have been silent and I read Michelle Roberts formerly the executive director of the NBPA did not receive any complaints about Robert Sarver from the players.

Of course we know the players in the NBA wield a lot of power. They could grind everything to a halt in a hurry.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a lot more difficult. There will be a closing of ranks to insulate the powerful in a much different way than you’d see in typical corporate America.
You would be surprised how insulated I have seen some cases become in Corporate America. It's not as bad as when I first started but early in my career it was the equivalent of Corporate good old boy network. Now everybody is scared of lawsuits. Evidently, the Suns were too with all the settlements. They just did a better job of keeping from the public.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh boy... this story is about to jump off ESPN and get into the more broad media landscape.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can’t get over the co-owner telling ESPN that “The level of misogyny and racism is beyond the pale.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct. You said I fell into a trap assuming that the statements included were from the spectrum of the 70 verses one person. I am saying to make that statement you seemed to be assuming that it was all coming from one person. I don't think I ever definitively stated I knew one way or the other. My assumptions were based on the references to "incidents" not detailed. Meaning there are other details obviously not in the report. We now know there are cases settled. I was also assuming more people come forward. Unless I see a detailed report of who said what I won't assume either way.
Dude, you not only said “70 people on record,” you did it in ALLCAPS.

Covert Rain said:
“This. Let's assume the Earl Watson and even a couple of the incidents is sour grapes. THERE ARE 70 PEOPLE ON RECORD WHO WERE NOT ALL FIRED”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And, now you’re putting words in my mouth. I never said anything remotely close “one person.”

Here’s what I said:

“In fact other than a handful whose names were used, we don’t know if the stories all came from the same people or a ton of people.”

Note the words “handful” and “people.” Maybe you were using hyperbole because you didn’t like that I corrected

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Also, as an aside, I think the Watson klutch story was stupid. That’s just sarver being an ass. Watson somehow twisted it into race. It really had no place in the story other than sarver being an ass. In fact, I think that story made Watson look as bad as sarver.

And the Corliss williamson story is also a freaking BS story. Literally one or two paragraphs later they tell a similar story about sarver with Igor. Race was stupid to raise in that context in this story.

In fact I thought those two “race” stories actually served to minimally undercut the power of the story. Baxter shouldn’t have included them.

Can’t believe they added the part about Sarver asking Taylor Griffin about shaving his balls and then reaching out to Griffin about it. They had what they needed but clearly reached on other parts. I think given the writer’s reputation he probably didn’t want to add it and the higher ups at ESPN went overboard for affect. Shultz teasing it and allowing the Suns to get in front of it didn’t help

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s a whole lot of nothing he just said

Really I thought he said a lot. That once the league looks into this situation they’ll find the truth. He did not in any way support the suns management or Sarver.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson