Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns squashed this before it could become a thing. To publish after that denial if you aren't 100% could be too risky for ESPN.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns squashed this before it could become a thing. To publish after that denial if you aren't 100% could be too risky for ESPN.
Something is coming. I have no doubt but they might be revising the story to make sure anything that is contained is solid verses slanderous. If things are not true lawsuits will fly.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whew! If this story gets squashed I wouldn't want to be the guy who broke the story, his lawyer or his lineage.
If Saver sues for defamation (especially because he's rich and negative press could cost him tons) he could buy the NBA when its all over.
Win Win

Tho I guess getting any money from an overzealous reporter would be a trick in itself.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something is coming. I have no doubt but they might be revising the story to make sure anything that is contained is solid verses slanderous. If things are not true lawsuits will fly.

This is way it should be. I don't want to read speculation, opinion and rehashing old news.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If we had Adam Silver visiting Server I would be worried. So far, no news is good news. Not sure how this would shake out if a story comes out that doesn't kill the vampire. Over all the Suns have been upgrading the team as seemingly as much as possible. Maybe breaking in a new owner might set us back?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the story is still to come. My guess is that they gave Sarver a chance to comment on the upcoming story and Robert and company fired back with evidence that at least part of the story is false. As a result, ESPN and the reporter(s) involved are further scrutinizing the rest of the story.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Sarver certainly seems like a pretty humble guy who is very professional. :rolleyes:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Whew! If this story gets squashed I wouldn't want to be the guy who broke the story, his lawyer or his lineage.
If Saver sues for defamation (especially because he's rich and negative press could cost him tons) he could buy the NBA when its all over.
Win Win

Tho I guess getting any money from an overzealous reporter would be a trick in itself.

It’s interesting that the Suns could be both thankful and incensed at Jordan Shultz if it never comes out. He intimated claims of racism/sexism yet possibly teased it beyond the hype of being released.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s interesting that the Suns could be both thankful and incensed at Jordan Shultz if it never comes out. He intimated claims of racism/sexism yet possibly teased it beyond the hype of being released.

Yup. And that guy is gonna have a tough time moving forward in that biz is my guess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except he’s part of a real life Succession.

Yeah I wish I knew more about Jordan Schultz from the start of this. His behavior's been unprofessional in how he's handled everything. It's no surprise he's a rich kid who is likely in his position because of his families connections and unlikely this effects him all that much. He may end up black balled by ESPN and the NBA but that won't effect him much personally.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh really? Didn’t know that.

Man... to throw those kind of accusations around without the goods is just all kinds of messed up.

I thought you were one of the first people to bring up Jordan Schultz being Howard Schultz son? Maybe not. Regardless of that, Howard is worth $4.7 billion as the former CEO of Starbucks and owner of the Seattle Supersonics. He's the guy who sold the Sonics to the Oklahoma group of investors which lead to their relocation.

To say Jordan has lived a life of privilege is a bit of an understatement. There's very little chance he'll be effected by this story whether it's legit or not. Even if he's blacklisted for swiping someone's story and trying to create his own story from it, it's not like his livelihood is at stake. He does football "reporting" mostly, he's really just a talking head though. He used to work at ESPN as an anchor/presenter but it's no surprise he got a gig like that since his dad owned a pro sports team. He seems to be a glorified podcaster at this point, in his mid 30's. He doesn't need to work a day in his life given his families wealth and connections.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I bet you my season tickets if Saver hired someone to look into Jordan Schultz you would find ALL kinds of dead hookers, dismissed drug/DUI charges and maybe a pregnant Au Pair or two. The guilty ones always cry the loudest.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hot from the oven
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's almost "much ado about nothing" given the buildup it had and IMO, if that's all they have or the worst that they have, the league has no business getting involved.

OTOH, it paints a clear picture of what a rich jerk looks like and the ownership group needs to take action and remove him from his position. I think it's clear that there are some agendas involved in this report (Rich Paul's especially) but even accepting that and even if you take Sarver's spin on each issue, he has no business being in this business.

EDIT: I'd like to upgrade my opinion on Sarver's behavior. For some reason, I only got about the first half of that article and originally posted based on that.

After reading TJ's link which included the second half of the article, I'd say it's nowhere near Sterling level but it's almost as serious as it was rumored to be. The league needs to force him out, he's an embarrassment to Phoenix, the Suns franchise and the NBA - not to mention human beings in general.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver once used the N-word when trying to explain to a staffer why he preferred hiring Lindsey Hunter over Dan Majerle as head coach in 2013, according to a high-level executive who heard the remark. Hunter was a first-year Suns player development coordinator while Majerle was in his fifth year as a Suns associate head coach.

"These [N-words] need a [N-word]," Sarver told the staffer of his largely Black team, according to the executive.

This is just one example being reported. That's enough for me. This man should not be an NBA owner. Even if he think he has the same license to use words like a rap star, he's a disaster, especially in this day and age.

Unreal the state of Arizona sports right now on many fronts. Fingers crossed the Cardinals can avoid this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has to go. Has to.

I knew Sarver was a piece of crap owner, but I now know he's a piece of crap human.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think it's almost "much ado about nothing" given the buildup it had and IMO, if that's all they have or the worst that they have, the league has no business getting involved.

OTOH, it paints a clear picture of what a rich jerk looks like and the ownership group needs to take action and remove him from his position. I think it's clear that there are some agendas involved in this report (Rich Paul's especially) but even accepting that and even if you take Sarver's spin on each issue, he has no business being in this business.

EDIT: I'd like to upgrade my opinion on Sarver's behavior. For some reason, I only got about the first half of that article and originally posted based on that.

After reading TJ's link which included the second half of the article, I'd say it's nowhere near Sterling level but it's almost as serious as it was rumored to be. The league needs to force him out, he's an embarrassment to Phoenix, the Suns franchise and the NBA - not to mention human beings in general.
The hits just kept coming...they have to get rid of him at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson