I love me some Rondale Moore thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On the play people said Kyler "dogged it on". If he looks to throw its possible Moore gets another long TD. Not sure LB closes fast enough and other guys are blocked up.

Start at :18 seconds
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the play people said Kyler "dogged it on". If he looks to throw its possible Moore gets another long TD. Not sure LB closes fast enough and other guys are blocked up.

I think there is an argument to be made that certainly early on in that play he's looking to throw, but there's a point where he abandons that idea and decides he's going to get what he can with his legs. He could have probably got a couple more yards but I think more if being made of it than it was.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

That is the difference between Kyler and Russell Wilson right now. Russ keeps his eyes down the field looking for the kill shot and will give up the 8 yard run to go for it and settle for 4 yards if it doesn't open up. Kyler will take the 8 or 9 and miss the potential of the kill shot. That is the difference between a young player and a veteran.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is an argument to be made that certainly early on in that play he's looking to throw, but there's a point where he abandons that idea and decides he's going to get what he can with his legs. He could have probably got a couple more yards but I think more if being made of it than it was.
When you only need 2 yards for the first and you slow down and you yourself say he likely could have gotten a couple more yards ON THIRD DOWN.

Then it’s a big deal. But you guys will excuse anything because “400 yards”

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the difference between Kyler and Russell Wilson right now. Russ keeps his eyes down the field looking for the kill shot and will give up the 8 yard run to go for it and settle for 4 yards if it doesn't open up. Kyler will take the 8 or 9 and miss the potential of the kill shot. That is the difference between a young player and a veteran.
This kind of has been hurting Russell more than not lately.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll admit that at the time of the Draft, I had not heard of Rondale Moore. Or Elijah Moore for that matter. But I remember that there were a few posters who liked each of them. I know Rondale went in Round Two, and that the other Moore went to the Jets, but don't know in which round he was drafted, and how he's doing, even though we've only had two games. Anyone know?

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll admit that at the time of the Draft, I had not heard of Rondale Moore. Or Elijah Moore for that matter. But I remember that there were a few posters who liked each of them. I know Rondale went in Round Two, and that the other Moore went to the Jets, but don't know in which round he was drafted, and how he's doing, even though we've only had two games. Anyone know?

Elijah was also taken in the 2nd round, pick 34 overall, so a bit ahead of Rondale. He has 5 catches for 44 yards through his first two games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you only need 2 yards for the first and you slow down and you yourself say he likely could have gotten a couple more yards ON THIRD DOWN.

Then it’s a big deal. But you guys will excuse anything because “400 yards”

It was on 2nd down

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Elijah was also taken in the 2nd round, pick 34 overall, so a bit ahead of Rondale. He has 5 catches for 44 yards through his first two games.
And also the Jets. Who knows what his progression will be like for him.

I am sure Kyler was stoked that we drafted him. Lucky for us he was available. The kid already made waves by being a hot waiver wire target. I am not really sure how well that will play out because of the mouths we have to feed, but it's certainly exciting for the team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not really sure how well that will play out because of the mouths we have to feed, but it's certainly exciting for the team.

Considering Kyler should throw for at least 4500 yards there's a lot to go around.

Say Conner, Edmonds and Maxx account for 1000 between them, barring injuries there's a bunch to go around for the WRs.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isabella broke me. I had no hope for this Moore kid after seeing what Isabella hasn't done.

He's been electric, but the technical aspects of his game (his sideline catch for example) are light years ahead of what you'd expect from a rookie.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The beautiful thing about this catch was the way he was being held, but instead of freeing himself prematurely, which he could have — simliar to late hands or late eyes, he freed himself at the perfect instant to allow himself enough space to make the sideline toe slide unhindered by the defender. Absolutely masterful!

Rondale catch link

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The beautiful thing about this catch was the way he was being held, but instead of freeing himself prematurely, which he could have — simliar to late hands or late eyes, he freed himself at the perfect instant to allow himself enough space to make the sideline toe slide unhindered by the defender. Absolutely masterful!

Rondale catch link

This is pro bowl level stuff from our rook. The way he bodies him and tries to "stack" him on the sidelines is technically perfect. He no longer tries to out-run or shimmy or be cute using his speed, he puts the guy on his hip and shields the ball for the catch. I was already impressed with his natural raw ability, but when I saw this and another play (I need to find), I realized he's more technically proficient than Kirk even is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say he scored on the one they called him out on the ball was across the plane as the foot touched out?

Also there's 2 other plays where he's VERY close to breaking it for big yards he's such a threat after the catch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still say he scored on the one they called him out on the ball was across the plane as the foot touched out?

Also there's 2 other plays where he's VERY close to breaking it for big yards he's such a threat after the catch.
I think his rear foot was kicked outta bounds by the defender. I don’t think it was his plant foot on the leap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose