I love me some Rondale Moore thread

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had Moore played college ball last year, he no doubt would have been a 1st round pick. If he stays healthy, and he continues to return punts, he will have some incredible returns & will bring a couple to the house this year. With that being said, I would still prefer he share the punt returns so as to reduce his injury risk. This guy is definitely what this offense lacked BIG time last year. And I don't understand the comments that he's what we thought Isabella would be. They are not even remotely alike. Moore is actually more wiggle than speed, although he has jets too. Isabella is almost entirely only speed. And that was evident with Isabella even in college against inferior competition. I really don't think we've seen the last of Isabella either. I think we'll see him in certain packages & he'll be the last option that defenses will pay attention to. In scenarios like that, he can be very dangerous. It won't be often, but it would make sense to use him like that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would take Moore off punt-returns, active Dortch from the practice squad & have him do it. Of course that would mean Isabella would go away :)
If his role was going to significantly increase due to an injury or more use of 10 personnel, I would agree. If not, the return game is an easy way to give him opportunities to have the ball in his hands. I know it is scary, but a legit returner does put pressure on opposing teams and I think Moore can do that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We get so starved for young talent that I think we want to put them in bubble wrap the moment they show us something special.
Only if they had durability issues, I don’t mind otherwise.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had Moore played college ball last year, he no doubt would have been a 1st round pick. If he stays healthy, and he continues to return punts, he will have some incredible returns & will bring a couple to the house this year. With that being said, I would still prefer he share the punt returns so as to reduce his injury risk. This guy is definitely what this offense lacked BIG time last year. And I don't understand the comments that he's what we thought Isabella would be. They are not even remotely alike. Moore is actually more wiggle than speed, although he has jets too. Isabella is almost entirely only speed. And that was evident with Isabella even in college against inferior competition. I really don't think we've seen the last of Isabella either. I think we'll see him in certain packages & he'll be the last option that defenses will pay attention to. In scenarios like that, he can be very dangerous. It won't be often, but it would make sense to use him like that.
I kind of want to see him on the field with Kirk and Moore.
I would take Moore off punt-returns, active Dortch from the practice squad & have him do it. Of course that would mean Isabella would go away :)
Why not let go of Wesley instead?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would like to see Isabella and Moore race. In the offseason.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely, he is so much more important for our offense then risking any injuries with the less impactful kick/punt return duties

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed. My main concern at this point isn't talent level, as he is showing what he flashed in training camp and what posters and media reported. My main concern is durability.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way do I take him off return duties already. He is providing us a legit threat back there. It seems like he is on the verge of breaking one on every return. He's a rookie, I want to see him as often as possible, and I think we have enough WR depth with Kirk to keep him fresh.

If that starts to change fine, but at this point I think having him as a punt returner is providing a spark that we have been lacking.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No way do I take him off return duties already. He is providing us a legit threat back there. It seems like he is on the verge of breaking one on every return. He's a rookie, I want to see him as often as possible, and I think we have enough WR depth with Kirk to keep him fresh.

If that starts to change fine, but at this point I think having him as a punt returner is providing a spark that we have been lacking.
While I agree with the above, he is a rookie, he is smaller (in weight/stature), and he has had multiple durability issues in the past.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If his role was going to significantly increase due to an injury or more use of 10 personnel, I would agree. If not, the return game is an easy way to give him opportunities to have the ball in his hands. I know it is scary, but a legit returner does put pressure on opposing teams and I think Moore can do that.

Personally, I think you have to have a death wish to want to return punts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I agree with the above, he is a rookie, he is smaller (in weight/stature), and he has had multiple durability issues in the past.

I don't think height really matters. It's more build right? And he's a muscular, stocky guy.

What I would say with Moore is that his whole Purdue career was like one long punt return. Most of his work was from behind the LOS running into much bigger guys.

His injury history was all muscle tears too, not impact related.

We found someone that can return. I'm inclined to let him do it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I love the shoutout to the Asst. Coach, I am 99% sure Rondale kept himself in check a little bit there to make sure he doesn't overrun Kirk's block. Which is more impressive for a rookie, if you think about it.

Also impressive I thought was how he runs inside the slot corner towards the safety and then back outside.

I think if he runs outside the slot corner there the slot stays with him because he knows P2 would be 2 on 1. He's not concerned about letting him go inside as he knows there's a safety in the middle, although obviously doesn't know that safety has tracked Kirk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose