10 thoughts - Vikings game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – J.J. Watt might not have the numbers, but the guy lives in the backfield. Wonderful signing.

2 – Two matches little sample size: A.J. Green has been a bad investment.

3 – Rondale Moore was pi**** that he did not get picked in the first round (go back and watch the post-draft interview). Maybe the man had a point.

4 – Matt Prater’s 62-yard field goal at the end of the first half was a franchise record (and only the 12th kick in NFL history of 62 yards or more). Congratulation, good sir!

5 – Right guard is a real problem.

6 – I can’t figure out what I think of Robert Alford. He kind of remind me of Dre Kirkpatrick – he fights hard, but sometimes there are really bad plays, and sometimes really good. It is like a roller coaster.

7 – Aqib Talib is annoying to listen to as a color analyst.

8 – Maxx Williams stepping up bigtime!

9 – For the second week in a row, cornerback Antonio Hamilton was called up from the practice squad. While first team squad-players Taj Gowan and Luc Barcoo has been inactive for both games. Both games Hamilton has played snaps on defense (50% in this game), and against the Vikings made a couple of big plays. Maybe you just keep him on the active roster this time, Steve.

10 – This is a quarterback league. If you have a good enough quarterback, you can compete for championships. Just sayin’.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 – J.J. Watt might not have the numbers, but the guy lives in the backfield. Wonderful signing.

3 – Rondale Moore was pi**** that he did not get picked in the first round (go back and watch the post-draft interview). Maybe the man had a point.

4 – Matt Prater’s 62-yard field goal at the end of the first half was a franchise record (and only the 12th kick in NFL history of 62 yards or more). Congratulation, good sir!

6 – I can’t figure out what I think of Robert Alford. He kind of remind me of Dre Kirkpatrick – he fights hard, but sometimes there are really bad plays, and sometimes really good. It is like a roller coaster.

9 – For the second week in a row, cornerback Antonio Hamilton was called up from the practice squad. While first team squad-players Taj Gowan and Luc Barcoo has been inactive for both games. Both games Hamilton has played snaps on defense (50% in this game), and against the Vikings made a couple of big plays. Maybe you just keep him on the active roster this time, Steve.

10 – This is a quarterback league. If you have a good enough quarterback, you can compete for championships. Just sayin’.
This defense was built on pressuring the Qb. If we don’t accomplish that our DB’s will be exposed.
In addition if you can’t stop the run , you can’t pressure the qb when it’s second down and 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually thought Jones was pretty good at RG, I saw at least 2 plays where he made a really nice kickout block going left on a run. I know people are singling him out on the long pass to Kirk for not getting a touch on Harrison Smith and I guess the rule is inside out there but he had 2 guys and just him and he may have wrongly assumed that Hudson was going to be able to pick up Smith.

It'll be interesting to see how the sites rank him this week. Obviously when Winters came in he was a completely disaster missed a block got the play blown up.

Generally speaking if you don't notice an OL that's a good thing. I watched Jones often in the first game, and I came away confident enough in him that I really didn't focus on him in the game yesterday.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t say I agree with #2 he had a bad drop. But the TD was a nice play and so was the long catch down the sideline. It’s not as though he’s expensive and he’s already on pace to beat what Fitz gave us last year at half the cost. Jmo

Other then that spot on.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t say I agree with #2 he had a bad drop. But the TD was a nice play and so was the long catch down the sideline. It’s not as though he’s expensive and he’s already on pace to beat what Fitz gave us last year at half the cost. Jmo

Other then that spot on.
I think Fitz had 13 catches for 84 yards in the first three games. Just sayin.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

AJ was not that bad and it takes time for a new guy to gel with a QB, even a vet... and Talib was not bad but the other guy was a total scatterbrain constantly citing the wrong team on field of possession and mismatching guys from the teams to make a point

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said for the year.... did he have a TD and a nice 28 yard catch? Obviously time will tell but too early to say a bad investment imo. 6 million is kinda cheap today.
I’m not advocating bringing Fitz in. I’m not totally happy with the return.
Part of that is because we were told by the media just how frickin great he looked in camp.

I also thought this game was set up for him to have a huge game and that didn’t actually happen. However if his presence is opening things up for Kirk and Moore that’s great.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ was not that bad and it takes time for a new guy to gel with a QB, even a vet... and Talib was not bad but the other guy was a total scatterbrain constantly citing the wrong team on field of possession and mismatching guys from the teams to make a point

As an added bonus, we get the same two guys next week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Other then that spot on.
He’s on a pace for 550 yards in a 16 game season. That’s a disappointment.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to me that would be over performing my expectations.

he is obviously no longer a good WR, and that was obvious last season. I prefer Moore, kirk, and edmunds get his targets.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This scenario definitely played out in my head when I was arguing that the Cardinals had plenty of talent at WR.

Green is effectively going to be fourth in the pecking order. Imagine if the Cardinals had signed Curtis Samuel..who hasn't been playing at all and was in hurt in May. Green was a value signing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah but Kirk is playing his best ball and Rondale is on pace to exceed 1000...that means Green is effectively our fourth receiver.
Which is great. But not really what we signed him for. And $6M seems steep for that slot, no?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
As an added bonus, we get the same two guys next week.
He’s not bad. He should just refrain from using words he doesn’t normally use. Twice he said, “ …you can’t reciprocate that in practice…” when he meant to say “duplicate.” Perhaps he’s just nervous because he’s still new to the booth. He knows football.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wasn't Kirkpatrick a hot head penalty machine? I think I'm remembering the right player

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really. Not for a veteran receiver who can still make some plays on his own.

Its not like he's Jordan Philips making 11 million per and not playing.
Please don’t bring up Phillips. He’s been exactly what I expected. Not dedicated to his craft and soft. He needs to move into Watt’s garage.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He’s not bad. He should just refrain from using words he doesn’t normally use. Twice he said, “ …you can’t reciprocate that in practice…” when he meant to say “duplicate.” Perhaps he’s just nervous because he’s still new to the booth. He knows football.
I thought he was going for replicate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave