Game balls vikes game

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re 1000% mistaken. I’ve criticized and been in the PP is soft group.

the play was clear as day it’s not even arguable. He loafed it and slowed down for no reason multiple posters saw it and agree. Just because he gave his all on other plays doesn’t negate that one.
I'm one of those posters

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
100 percent the Pick 6 was on Kyler. I don't care how much you want to blame KK or praise the LB on that play, you HAVE to see him. And yeah, some loafing and another bad pick. Also, he put up crazy stats, played out of his mind, and did some things a QB shouldn't be able to do.

I'll say sure, give him a game ball, for credit where credit is due, but then take it back and give it to the Minny kicker, for the game-winning kick.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100 percent the Pick 6 was on Kyler. I don't care how much you want to blame KK or praise the LB on that play, you HAVE to see him. And yeah, some loafing and another bad pick. Also, he put up crazy stats, played out of his mind, and did some things a QB shouldn't be able to do.

I'll say sure, give him a game ball, for credit where credit is due, but then take it back and give it to the Minny kicker, for the game-winning kick.
I think he thought the linebacker would jump on Edmonds underneath leaving Rondale open. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Still can’t make that throw and need to take what the D gives you. The 2nd INT he threw too late because Kirk was open before that and the safety would’ve never made the play if he threw it a second sooner

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it's crazy that we're bitching about Kyler when our defense looked like swiss cheese today.
I don’t understand why this is so difficult:

1. There’s a spectrum:

Exceptional
Awesome
Really giod
Good
Average
Below average
Poor
Bitch about him
Disastrous

Posters can place him in the “awesome” category and reserve game ball for “exceptional” without it being “bitch about him”

2. Do you think kk just says to kyler “you were awesome this week. Ignore your turnovers and questionable decisions. Don’t work on those things this week?” Of course not. I’m sure kk appreciates that kyler is the reason we won and still works with him on the errors. So it’s not exactly crazy that posters can recognize he’s why we won and discuss the miscues.

3. The defense pitched a shutout in the second half if not for a special teams penalty. Should we not discuss what happened in the first half to the defense? Both the defense and kyler had good and bad. Even though kylers good waaaay outweighed the bad it doesn’t mean the bad didn’t exist and should be ignored if people want to discuss it. If you don’t, great, move on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You mean the way that #21 dude on defense used to loaf play after play & game after game & most here laughed & chastised those who called him out on it? If I’m not mistaken (could be wrong) you were in that group...or not I’m old.

It’s ok for those to call K1 out for his faults, but criticizing his effort running around trying to help his team win is beyond ridiculous imo.
Shane your a much better poster than this bro
You and Jersey don’t get it. Shane and I and a few others are talking about one specific play. Obviously it occurred bc so many of us noticed it independently of one and other. And I don’t think it was lazy - but it was definitely weird - I don’t know why he slowed down and didn’t get what looked like an obvious first down there for the taking.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and Jersey don’t get it. Shane and I and a few others are talking about one specific play. Obviously it occurred bc so many of us noticed it independently of one and other. And I don’t think it was lazy - but it was definitely weird - I don’t know why he slowed down and didn’t get what looked like an obvious first down there for the taking.

They don't get it because the opinion is so far off base it's comical. Every national discussion right now is about Kyler putting up another MVP performance last night and how he took the Cardinals on his back and drug from 13 down to a win.

Rewatching the game, it is even more off base. Live at the game I never saw the blatant facemask on the second pick.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ARIZONA CARDINALS 34, MINNESOTA VIKINGS 33

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals​

What to know: Kyler Murray is playing at an MVP level. He put this Cardinals offense on his shoulders Sunday and carried it, throwing for 400 yards and three touchdowns -- and two interceptions -- while running for another 31 yards. Murray made big plays when Arizona most needed them, like spinning out of a sack to throw a 77-yard touchdown to Rondale Moore. Without that, Arizona loses. Or getting out of another sack to find DeAndre Hopkins for a touchdown early in the game. There might be other players playing better, none may be as valuable to their teams as Murray is to the Cardinals. -- Josh Weinfuss

Is the Cardinals' offense good enough to carry this team to the playoffs? In one word: yes. But it needs help. Arizona's offense has proved through two games that it stacks up against any in the league this season. It's that good. Kyler Murray is playing at an MVP level and he has enough weapons around him to keep defenses on their heels all game. The Cardinals can score with anyone in the NFL, putting up 38 in Week 1 and 34 Sunday in a win over the Vikings. -- Weinfuss

Weinfuss' confidence rating (0-10): 8.6, down from 9.0. The Cardinals' offense continued to look impressive, even dominant at times, but the defense caused Arizona's confidence rating to drop a bit.

Next game: at Jaguars (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Cardinals​

Is the Cardinals' offense good enough to carry this team to the playoffs? In one word: yes. But it needs help. Arizona's offense has proved through two games that it stacks up against any in the league this season. It's that good. Kyler Murray is playing at an MVP level and he has enough weapons around him to keep defenses on their heels all game. The Cardinals can score with anyone in the NFL, putting up 38 in Week 1 and 34 Sunday in a win over the Vikings. -- Weinfuss
It will be interesting to see how/if our run game develops over the coming weeks... I wonder if we'll have a running back average double-digit carries...At the same time, I wonder if we'll need that to happen?

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think we all need to realize that Kyler was far from a finished product when he was drafted.

He is a size outlier, athleticism outlier (positive), and experience outlier. He just didn't get the reps a top QB normally gets.

I'd still give K1 a game ball. The defense was awful, and I largely pin that on Joseph. The defense was out of position to make stops far too often and that's on the coordinator.

K1 had a few bad plays but he was really good for most of the game.
The defense was forcing 0/5 on third downs this week. Dunno how you can say that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How do you know he's not doing these things? Didnt Kliff just say thats what he did in the Titans game? Not an audible, but I thought the AJ Green TD was him checking out of a run and noticing the soft corner.

Kyler is good enough to get away with what he's doing while learning. I saw a few times Josh Allen doing the crazy (sometimes unnecessary) scrambled around for TD's last year.

If you're judging him for this game its not that big of a deal. If we're assuming these kind of plays would work vs. the 49ers/Rams then probably not.

Its the division that doesnt allow for that kind of stuff. Cause thats where he/Cards can get really burned by it.
He does most of them at a variety of frequencies. My point is that I want Kyler to QB at a high level but that means he is also taking on more accountability for when the offense works and when it doesn't instead of Kliff.

Two minute offense and four minute offense are more of what is seen on the field vs what is called from the side line.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Cardinals​

What to know: Kyler Murray is playing at an MVP level. He put this Cardinals offense on his shoulders Sunday and carried it, throwing for 400 yards and three touchdowns -- and two interceptions -- while running for another 31 yards. Murray made big plays when Arizona most needed them, like spinning out of a sack to throw a 77-yard touchdown to Rondale Moore. Without that, Arizona loses. Or getting out of another sack to find DeAndre Hopkins for a touchdown early in the game. There might be other players playing better, none may be as valuable to their teams as Murray is to the Cardinals. -- Josh Weinfuss

Weinfuss' confidence rating (0-10): 8.6, down from 9.0. The Cardinals' offense continued to look impressive, even dominant at times, but the defense caused Arizona's confidence rating to drop a bit.

Next game: at Jaguars (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET)
Again, what I find funny is the wording on the Kyler TD to Hop. Kyler does a 360 in a clean pocket which causes him to see it a couple beats late but he still has the arm strength and whip to deliver the ball for a TD.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, what I find funny is the wording on the Kyler TD to Hop. Kyler does a 360 in a clean pocket which causes him to see it a couple beats late but he still has the arm strength and whip to deliver the ball for a TD.

You are dead on here that the movement was unnecessary. He creates urgency when there isn't any. What is the ceiling when he eliminates it?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
@Shane

For the most part I like your list, but I think you missed Budda Baker. I just finished watching the game for the first time (got to only listen yesterday). Budda was making big plays all over the field the entire game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watching the Moore TD replay and I cant shake the feeling thats a strip sack fumble vs. the Rams. Maybe the 49ers as well. We were lucky the DE that beat Beachum was not overly fast. Again its the division that concerns me. Certain things likely wont work.

You are dead on here that the movement was unnecessary. He creates urgency when there isn't any. What is the ceiling when he eliminates it?
Listened to Greg Cossell the other day and he said Mac Jones does a great job of being calm around pressure. And also noticing that just because bodies are around him doesnt mean thats pressure. The ability to stay mechanically sound. I think whats going on with Kyler are a couple things from the past.

Both in HS and College he had the best Oline in the world (HS team had two current NFL players). Then he goes to Arizona and I think Keim failed that year in terms of providing a better interior line. So he's sort of picked up some bad habits when "pressure" is around. The only issue (outside of two forced throws) is that he still gets a bit jittery vs. real and fake pressure.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sky high. And I think he just needs reps. He needs a better line for a couple years so he can learn to trust the pocket. He needs more 4 minute offense and 2 minute offensive situations to learn how to operate in them. He needs more leads so he can learn to adjust his game accordingly.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watching the Moore TD replay and I cant shake the feeling thats a strip sack fumble vs. the Rams. Maybe the 49ers as well. We were lucky the DE that beat Beachum was not overly fast. Again its the division that concerns me. Certain things likely wont work.

Listened to Greg Cossell the other day and he said Mac Jones does a great job of being calm around pressure. And also noticing that just because bodies are around him doesnt mean thats pressure. The ability to stay mechanically sound. I think whats going on with Kyler are a couple things from the past.

Both in HS and College he had the best Oline in the world (HS team had two current NFL players). Then he goes to Arizona and I think Keim failed that year in terms of providing a better interior line. So he's sort of picked up some bad habits when "pressure" is around. The only issue (outside of two forced throws) is that he still gets a bit jittery vs. real and fake pressure.
Yes, Kyler does not trust the pocket.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don't get it because the opinion is so far off base it's comical. Every national discussion right now is about Kyler putting up another MVP performance last night and how he took the Cardinals on his back and drug from 13 down to a win.

Rewatching the game, it is even more off base. Live at the game I never saw the blatant facemask on the second pick.

Yeah but he was bad because he didn't get 2 more yards on that one run play

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but he was bad because he didn't get 2 more yards on that one run play
Two easy yards he clearly could have gotten but dogged it at a crucial point in the second half. And two bad ints. And going out of bounds when we needed to Burn clock(rookie level mistake) ….. but beside that literally here NOBODY said he was bad. You’re being dramatic. We said not worthy of a game ball despite his heroics at other times. It’s not black and white. You’re bettter then that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose