Vikings @ Cardinals postgame thread

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"I tell you all the time, it comes down to shooting ourselves in the foot and stopping ourselves," Murray said. "When we score, it feels easy, it feels fun. When we turn the ball over, negative plays, it's like 'Damn,' s**t feels ugly. It is what it is, we have to continue to get better and continue practicing."

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know on a fans message board like this, the focus is only on one team. It's all about what did great or how we blew it. The other team is almost entirely overlooked.

I would say we played a desperate team. That played all out and had a very good gameplan on both sides of the ball. They punched us in the mouth and we got up and fought back. The intensity was almost the level of a playoff game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I actually thought he was ok in this area or at least improved. Just got greedy/overconfident. I dont think he looked confused out there.

The first int I really do think he just thought the LB couldnt get there. And I kinda get it cause he was pretty much perfect until that throw. Chase was open for the dump off though.
He took sacks today when he had plenty of time. He got to reads late multiple times. And they said on the cast that guys were open.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He took sacks today when he had plenty of time. He got to reads late multiple times. And they said on the cast that guys were open.
He missed 7 passes (81%) for the game.

2 were ints (grabbed his facemask I believe on the 2nd one)
2 were throw aways (Hopkins was open on one but he had pressure coming from his right side)
1 was a drop

I agree he looked late on the throw to AJ Green in the endzone. As well as the one on the sideline.

Last sack looked like he just didnt want to force a pass/allow them to save another timeout. Sack before that he looked to be moving way too casual. Dont know what was going on there.

Like all things sure PFF will tell us how bad it really was :)

Last edited:

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
I think we all feel very fortunate to be 2-0 after that one.
One of my early observations is on every long run up the middle, Hicks over persuded or ran himself out of the play.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kickers are part of the team too. And Prater v Joseph was lopsided.

Say what we will about Keim, and we do, but going big on a K sure looks smart today.
Yep. No more CatMan/Zane type scrubs who have cost us 1-3 games a season for since forever.

Budda was a stud today. Most of defense was fine after first 15 minutes (atrocious in first quarter of course). Safeties and secondary tackled well. Linebackers yeeeesh.

obviously Kyler was 90% amazing and 10% WTF. Gotta take bad with good though.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was at the game today. Man I forgot how much anxiety I get being there live. When I'm at home I'm nervous pacing back and forth...But being at the stadium, the stress is on a whole other level.

When he missed the kick I almost past out. I grabbed and held on to my buddy because I was going down. My vision got blurry, everything started spinning, the knees got weak...And it was pure bliss!!!

Cardiac Cards baby!!! Man, Cardinals games are not good for the health lol

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Other than Janikowski and that Cowboys kicker getting froze by their coaches - can anyone else remember a choked last minute field goal like this that we benefited from?

Obviously the other side of the equation there’s too many to count.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Other than Janikowski and that Cowboys kicker getting froze by their coaches - can anyone else remember a choked last minute field goal like this that we benefited from?

Obviously the other side of the equation there’s too many to count.

Haushka a few times (or however you spell it).

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

After this play Kyler was pleading with everyone to get to line and play on. Ended up wating another timeout.

Gotta finish after plays like that. Probably get a better first down run if we maintained tempo.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

After this play Kyler was pleading with everyone to get to line and play on. Ended up wating another timeout.

Gotta finish after plays like that. Probably get a better first down run if we maintained tempo.

That was a massive throw to Kirk down by 13. Also Kirk is balling.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kliff has got to figure a way to stop teams just doubling Hop like that. Put a 2nd guy on that side so the safety has to worry about more than just hop. Have Rondale there for a short pass and run threat so the safety has to do more than just be over the top. And move Hop around more.
More than once there were 3 on the left and Green was solo on the right.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
On the play down the right sideline I think we saw where AJ's speed level is now, I was quite surprised he didn't get more yards on that one he made the catch it was a nice play but watching it live I thought he was going to pull away from the DB and he didn't.

Good play on the TD
I think he was angling toward the sideline...if the pass was to his inside shoulder, maybe he can keep going up field.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Yep. No more CatMan/Zane type scrubs who have cost us 1-3 games a season for since forever.

Budda was a stud today. Most of defense was fine after first 15 minutes (atrocious in first quarter of course). Safeties and secondary tackled well. Linebackers yeeeesh.

obviously Kyler was 90% amazing and 10% WTF. Gotta take bad with good though.
The last QB who was 90/10 Amazing to WTF took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave