I love me some Rondale Moore thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted the Cards to draft him in the first round. Was ecstatic they were able to snag him in the second.

I of course wanted Waddle but I'm happy about how it worked out. Waddle is still limping a bit and today he muffed a punt and then fumbled it as he was going down. He's been good 10 catches 109 yards and a TD and he's being limited by QB play but so far Rondale has outplayed him, AND we get Zaven Collins too.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a great comparison that I want to be true.
Me too and I know it is way too early as RM is just a rookie in his 2nd game. But Steve Smith could take over a game and RM did it in a similar manner in today's game. Comparisons are fun. I was just sitting back, after being at the game, and thinking who does RM remind me of?? Steve Smith just came to my mind.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watched him in person in high school, loved him. Wanted to watch him play at Kentucky, he chose Purdue but was still special. We draft him, I loved it & knew he would be special. This kid will probably lead the NFL in YAC this year or be damn close to it. He became a 1st team all american his freshman year at Purdue.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So just don’t throw to him early in the game even if he’s open? Lol okay.
No need to miss the point. You know what I'm talking about. 11 touches (including special teams) is a lot for a 5'7 rookie with an injury history once he's overworked.

We could have thrown a few screens to Kirk in the 2nd half is all I'm saying. He's gotta get through 17 games. If he's that involved in the game plan then we need to get him off special teams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No need to miss the point. You know what I'm talking about. 11 touches (including special teams) is a lot for a 5'7 rookie with an injury history once he's overworked.

We could have thrown a few screens to Kirk in the 2nd half is all I'm saying. He's gotta get through 17 games. If he's that involved in the game plan then we need to get him off special teams.
You know what you initially said made no sense. I’m not dumb & I don’t think you’re dumb either. If a player is feeling it, no need to try to force it to someone else just because of that players’ health history.

You have a point of with taking him off special teams. Should’ve just said that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the Cardinals receivers last year was a total lack of Yards After the Catch.

In two games Rondale Moore has:

11 receptions for 184 Yards

Of those 184 yards, 145 of them came after the catch! In just two games Ronadale has 40 yards less YAC yards than Fitz had all last season.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RM reminds me of The Panthers great WR Steve Smith Sr. Very similar size and skill sets and impact play makers.
I'd have to see him go up in the air and make a play on the ball before I give him Steve Smith Sr. comparisons. Not saying he cant do it, but I havent seen it yet.

He reminds me more of Percy Harvin right now. However, Percy in a offense more suited towards his talent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave