Vikings @ Cardinals postgame thread

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
2-0 feels good with JAX next! Go Cards!
Here’s another tidbit….
After 2 games Cardinals lead the NFC in Net points at +26.
And 2nd in NFL behind Buffalo.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand the debate about us winning the game or Vikings losing or gifting us a win. I'm not nearly as happy as I was after the Titans game but my current mood is much much much better then if the Cards had lost.

Max Williams played incredibly well and maybe we should pick up another quality TE since KK's offense does us them.

Chase is super quick but I don't think he is an every down RB. Glad he is on the team because he makes plays that help us win.

We crushed the Titans and they beat the Seahawks. Saints crushed the Packers and got spanked by the Panthers. Colts spanked by the Seahawks and then lose by only three to the Rams. Bills lose to the Steelers and then spank the Dolphins and the Steelers lose by 2 scores to the Raiders.

My point is that this is the NFL and on any given Sunday etc. I'm not thrilled with the game today but I'm not thinking KK sucks and KM shrivels and VJ stinks etc. Work to do for sure but it's not the sky is falling kinda vibe for me.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A win is a win. BUT...

That 1st half run defense was atrocious. Nothing good to say about it. I also REALLY didn't like seeing guys hot doggin the couple times they took Cook down in the backfield, when he was averaging 9 YPC in the first half and making them look dumb.

But the biggest throw up moment for me...We get the ball back up 1, and proceed to take 16 seconds off the clock before punting. Didn't even get to the 2 min warning. We punted it back, and immediately let them get right into FG range. That is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE end of game management, which has been KK's calling card his entire career, including college.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the second interception
Clearly the second one affected his confidence and he didn't play as good
Nope, he stated that he threw that pick because he was hit in the head as he threw the ball. Said it would have been a TD if that didn't happen.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Murray as a player but if u think he played the same football after the second interception i don't know what to say

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Murray as a player but if u think he played the same football after the second interception i don't know what to say
Yes he was checking down trying to get completions and move the chains and run the clock. If you think his play changed because he was afraid of throwing another pick then I don't know what to tell you.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He needs to get better climbing the pocket, reading defenses and anticipating throws. The second half showed how raw he still is.
I actually thought he was ok in this area or at least improved. Just got greedy/overconfident. I dont think he looked confused out there.

The first int I really do think he just thought the LB couldnt get there. And I kinda get it cause he was pretty much perfect until that throw. Chase was open for the dump off though.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will take a win no matter how it looks. Lots of positive and negative, especially run defense. Hopefully this will cause this team to focus more and not believe their press clippings, and make necessary adjustments to improve from this game

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Why I have a nice bet on him to win the MVP. His ceiling is very high but he still struggles with some basic things. And that is ok.
It is ok on a day when he throws for 400 yds and has 4 TDs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave