Vikings at Cardinals gameday thread 9-19-2021

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some of you folks crack me up. Yes, we were fortunate at the end. But, give the Vikings their due. They had ZERO turnovers & Cousins wasn’t touched all day. They were in desperation mode & played like it. Murray completed 81% of his passes for 400 yards, threw 3 touchdown, and ran for another. And ran for 30 yards also. The picks almost cost us the game, and he has to clean that up in order to stay in the MVP discussion. I couldn’t fathom how bad this team would be without him.
Kyler is elite.

Kirk Cousins wouldn't even be a starter in our division. Our D made him look elite and he's not even a guy who moves around. So I have concerns on D.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I
Kyler is elite.

Kirk Cousins wouldn't even be a starter in our division. Our D made him look elite and he's not even a guy who moves around. So I have concerns on D.
I m more concerned about how the defense is prepared for the game, is a problem we saw last year too often
After the 1 quarter and half the defense gave up just 6 points

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Say what you want, but I’m pretty confident the Cards don’t win that game today without K1 at QB. Imo outside of the pick 6 he was outstanding! He’s definitely improved in the leadership & throwing on the run. He’s been dynamic for 2 games now.

Onto Jax

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not on Murray terrible playcalling I n the second half
It wasn't the play calling. Kyler played terrible the second half. Terrible. He was confused by the defense, missed some easy passes and turned the ball over and made other mental mistakes. If you want to be a top QB in the NFL, you have to be better than that.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wasn't the play calling. Kyler played terrible the second half. Terrible. He was confused by the defense, missed some easy passes and turned the ball over and made other mental mistakes. If you want to be a top QB in the NFL, you have to be better than that.
Couldn’t disagree more but that’s your opinion. 400yrds and 4 TDs he did more than his job. Sometimes defenders make plays it happens. He was even hit in the head on the one pick and the refs didn’t call it. **** happens. The real problem was what plays were called when, the Vikings should have never gotten the ball back with that much time and their TOs! Our last offensive series was beyond ignorant playcalling! Looked totally unprepared to execute basic run the ball and clock offense, instead KK has him taking a deep drop for a pass? Dumb playcalling!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Couldn’t disagree more but that’s your opinion. 400yrds and 4 TDs he did more than his job. Sometimes defenders make plays it happens. He was even hit in the head on the one pick and the refs didn’t call it. **** happens. The real problem was what plays were called when, the Vikings should have never gotten the ball back with that much time and their TOs! Our last offensive series was beyond ignorant playcalling! Looked totally unprepared to execute basic run the ball and clock offense, instead KK has him taking a deep drop for a pass? Dumb playcalling!
His two interceptions were egregious. And yes it was a face mask on one, but that had zero impact on the decision and the pass as I’m pretty sure it was outta his hand at that point.

we don’t win without him for sure - but perfect he wasn’t.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff didn't make him keep the ball and then run out of bounds to stop the clock. Kliff did not make him miss Chase out of the backfield for an easy underneath completion leading to him holding the ball and taking a sack. Those are on the QB and have nothing to do with play calling. Kliff didn't flub the RPO and then force Kyler to throw the ball cause a lineman down field penalty.

Like most are saying, Kyler made some great plays, mostly in the first half which kept us in the game. That said, he had some really terrible plays that almost gave it away. Far less to do with playcalling than you are asserting.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reminder ...we won.
Had we lost this game we could probably come up with 8 different plays that cost us the game.

Instead, we can talk about the 8 plays that helped us win the game.
My favorite is the moore long td i lost my voice on that 1!!! Was soooo like t hill

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d venture to guess that the odds greatly favored us losing in that situation. We didn’t stop them when necessary, they messed up. I don’t consider that earned as much as a gift. Yes we had to be in position to benefit from the gift, but we didn’t so much win due to our effort.
Dude... you really are campaigning for the position of saltiest poster on the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA