xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Doogie Howser, M.D. remake with...wait for it...a female lead. :|

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Doogie Howser, M.D. remake with...wait for it...a female lead. :|

I don't think it's a "remake," per se.

Per the trailer, they call her "Doogie" because she's like the kid from the "show from the 90's."

So to them, Doogie is a TV show as well, not a real person.

Aside from that, looks hokey as hell. I might give it one episode if/when I have the time. Wife and I watch a lot of medical shows, what with her being an RN and soon to be FNP.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a "remake," per se.

Per the trailer, they call her "Doogie" because she's like the kid from the "show from the 90's."

So to them, Doogie is a TV show as well, not a real person.

Aside from that, looks hokey as hell. I might give it one episode if/when I have the time. Wife and I watch a lot of medical shows, what with her being an RN and soon to be FNP.
From the IMDB trivia section: The first episode is a direct retelling of the first episode of Doogie Howser, MD (1989). The script is word-for-word identical in some scenes.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
From the IMDB trivia section: The first episode is a direct retelling of the first episode of Doogie Howser, MD (1989). The script is word-for-word identical in some scenes.

LOL

So it's a remake that acknowledges the previous show as a show?

Weird.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's a new show that directly references the old show and showing scenes that mirror the previous telling. That doesn't make it a "remake". The question will be, do they acknowledge in that world that they are repeating things from the previous show. That would at least be somewhat clever.

And if you don't care or won't watch, is it really going to ruin your day?

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's a new show that directly references the old show and showing scenes that mirror the previous telling. That doesn't make it a "remake". The question will be, do they acknowledge in that world that they are repeating things from the previous show. That would at least be somewhat clever.

And if you don't care or won't watch, is it really going to ruin your day?

I don't know who you're specifically talking to, but I plan to at least give this a try. A lot of it because wife and I watch (and more often than not, critique) medical shows, and also because I loved Doogie Howser as a kid.