Chandler Jones Extension Market

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't think CJ's performance was anything to do with being pissed off or a contract year.

I think it was just a combination of being out most of last year and being fired up to play again, and some really, really, really bad offensive line play and offensive play calling. That never adjusted the whole game.

In any other game if he's not DT'd from the start they adjust after sack 1, certainly after sack 2. I've never seen a rusher play like that and the OC do nothing about it.

Motivation levels fluctuate for even the great ones:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yep. Tons of separation. Granted, I don't think Goff makes those throws, but that's more of an indictment of Goff than anything else.

The Bears were in that game despite what the score showed.
One of the closest 20-point losses you've ever seen. Extremely close until the Rams scored touchdowns on three consecutive possessions in the second half.

Russ is currently writing an alternative history where this game ended in a tie.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
One of the closest 20-point losses you've ever seen. Extremely close until the Rams scored touchdowns on three consecutive possessions in the second half.
that felt like rope a dope by the Rams.

whenever the Bears closed to one score, the Rams yawned, got out of their chair and quickly scored another TD

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Jones' game has never been predicated on speed rushes. Look at every one of his sacks, and none of them were pure speed rushes.

I loved that sack he had were got Lewan to punch at him off balanced and he grabbed and pulled him forward while running by him. He's a technician. Just like that Colts DE that we signed during the Arians era (name escapes me right now), he should be pretty productive even at year 35.
He's got the speed, though...no denying it. I think his speed and quickness catch people off guard and then his strength and length just pushes it over the top.

And he's a master technician, too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-081830.png
    Screenshot_20210914-081830.png
    428.7 KB · Views: 5

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
very curious to see how this works out

Mike B is sensitive to HOF players in the modern era and having them retire as Cards / effectively retire as Cards

yet, he let P2 walk. Admittedly, P2's play had fallen off while Chandler looks as good as ever.

finally: the leverage of the franchise tag and that year being a material portion of the NFL perception of how many years Chandler has left ---

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's got the speed, though...no denying it. I think his speed and quickness catch people off guard and then his strength and length just pushes it over the top.

Where he really differentiates himself from other pass rushers in the league right now, are the angles he takes to get to the QB. He changes direction so quickly and has that ability to get skinny and power through a small opening to the QB. IMHO.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Where he really differentiates himself from other pass rushers in the league right now, are the angles he takes to get to the QB. He changes direction so quickly and has that ability to get skinny and power through a small opening to the QB. IMHO.
And that last burst before he hits the QB is so fast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If I were to build a pass rusher, I'd build one faster though.

But Jones' pass rush arsenal is legit. Look at each sack and he set up Lewan and beat him good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And now what does everyone think?

Reality sets in

He had some good plays, but not dominating like last week

he was doubled and chipped all game but still played well.

a false start is just as good as a sack. He got pressure twice and created a false start

he wasn’t the problem today the problem is when Jones is drawing still the attention the others need to step up and take advantage

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

a false start is just as good as a sack. He got pressure twice and created a false start

he wasn’t the problem today the problem is when Jones is drawing still the attention the others need to step up and take advantage
A false start is not as good as a sack. You lose a down and yardage on a sack. Only yardage on a false start. Still good, just not as good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The sobering part of today was that all those doubles and chipping should’ve paved the way for others to snag sacks . . . but it didn’t.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose