Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Tennessee Titans Pre Game thread Sept 6 - Sept 11, 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have you ever posted the type of post that guy made on opposing fans boards? I've done it and gotten 100x more negative reaction.

I think you're being real sensitive here. LOL that guy said the Titans are used to better runners than Murray! He said Watson was better! Thats patently false.

Literally nothing he said was true today. Henry was mostly tackled with ease. He had like 5 carries for negative yards or 0 yards. Their WRs were a nonfactor. Their corners struggled mightily. And the tackles he talked up got beat up bad today.
A) I don’t care what other boards do. This is ASFN. This is our house. Other boards allow cussing. We don’t. We have always been better to friendly opposing fans and that wasn’t the case today. And no sensitivity about it. He’s not my friend. My feelings aren’t hurt. My parents and coaches always taught me to win with class. I coach my boys to be the same. I don’t like being associated with crassness.

B) he was wrong, but he was never a jerk. He didn’t deserve the poor taste reception he received.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He basically said the Titans were better every where. Said that our young ILBs were smaller than Henry (not true).

Said their CBs weren't a huge mismatch against our WRs.

Total Homer post and deserving of derision.
He showed some home roam for the team he loves? The hall of that guy.
but he came back, after a tough loss, to congratulate the fans of the team that beat his team. That takes class and shows strong character.
on the other hand, bashing the guy for supporting his team. Well..... that doesn’t.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jut wanted to stop by and tell you I left the game in the 3rd Q and was disgusted. You guys dusted us in all phases. Have a great season. Beat the Colts and stay healthy.

Gracious of you to stop by.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it. This isn't how the board used to react to other teams' fans.

When other teams fans don't come here and write a 1000 word post saying how great their team is and how they are going to spank us in all aspects (except score apparently) they get treated as they always have.

I'm all for treating opposing fans with respect, but I think some are going a bit overboard here for a guy that drive-by posted how much better they were than us.

If I went over to a Titans board with a similar post I expect I'd get far worse than El Sal got here.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
B) he was wrong, but he was never a jerk. He didn’t deserve the poor taste reception he received.

Signing up to an opposing teams forum specifically for the purpose of writing a 1000 word post about how much better his team is in all aspects is kinda the definition of being a jerk.

Y'all acting like he came over and said "Have a good game chaps. You have a quality team but we will pip you at the post. Toodle pip" (Imagine a haughty Bristish accent).

He had the good grace to come back and admit he was wrong, but let's not pretend his original post was anything more than a taunt to opposing fans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He showed some home roam for the team he loves? The hall of that guy.
but he came back, after a tough loss, to congratulate the fans of the team that beat his team. That takes class and shows strong character.
on the other hand, bashing the guy for supporting his team. Well..... that doesn’t.

Yeah, and he did all that on the opposing teams message board.

Let's not pretend he specifically signed up here and wrote a lengthy post with any intention other than to taunt opposing fans. How many people here felt the need to go sign up to a Titans board and tell them how every room on their roster outmatched us and that we were no threat?

Score aside, he wrote at length about how much better they were. When you do that on your own forum it's "Just being a homer". When you do it on your opponents message board it's taunting.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Let's not pretend he specifically signed up here and wrote a lengthy post with any intention other than to taunt opposing fans. How many people here felt the need to go sign up to a Titans board and tell them how every room on their roster outmatched us and that we were no threat?

Score aside, he wrote at length about how much better they were. When you do that on your own forum it's "Just being a homer". When you do it on your opponents message board it's taunting.
And where you’re from??? They don’t have friendly smack talk between opposing teams fans??
Because ya know, where I’m from we do it all the time. The thing is nobody takes it personally or gets disrespectful over it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And where you’re from??? They don’t have friendly smack talk between opposing teams fans??
Because ya know, where I’m from we do it all the time. The thing is nobody takes it personally or gets disrespectful over it.

Which is it? You have some people saying "Let's treat the visitors nicely" and "This place used to be friendly" and on the other your saying it's smack talk. While if it's smack talk he's going to get some back.

I haven't seen anything remotely wrong with any of the replies to the guy, some people are going way over the top with the "lets be nice" stuff.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jut wanted to stop by and tell you I left the game in the 3rd Q and was disgusted. You guys dusted us in all phases. Have a great season. Beat the Colts and stay healthy.
Very classy to come back and post. Good luck to your Titans the rest of the way.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to smack talk with a visiting poster the ballsy time to do it is BEFORE the game. Afterward , win or lose, it’s time to be humble.

The visitor came here , stated his opinion and didn’t predict a 58-0 ass whipping.

Hey , you can respond anyway you like. I’ll take the high road. Taking the low road makes you look like a big…. Nevermind. I’ll leave it right there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think taunting is a bit of a stretch, but he clearly came on here to tell us how much better the Titans are than the Cardinals.

No one called him names or anything. No smack talk really at all.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signing up to an opposing teams forum specifically for the purpose of writing a 1000 word post about how much better his team is in all aspects is kinda the definition of being a jerk.

Y'all acting like he came over and said "Have a good game chaps. You have a quality team but we will pip you at the post. Toodle pip" (Imagine a haughty Bristish accent).

He had the good grace to come back and admit he was wrong, but let's not pretend his original post was anything more than a taunt to opposing fans.
Personally, i have seen a LOT meaner treatment on the board for opposing fans than this guy got. It was just some mild sarcasm. No one goes to an opponents board and expects to get no flack at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When other teams fans don't come here and write a 1000 word post saying how great their team is and how they are going to spank us in all aspects (except score apparently) they get treated as they always have.

I'm all for treating opposing fans with respect, but I think some are going a bit overboard here for a guy that drive-by posted how much better they were than us.

If I went over to a Titans board with a similar post I expect I'd get far worse than El Sal got here.
Again newb, that’s not how this board works. Historically we’ve carried ourselves with more class. You haven’t been here long enough to know our culture. If people want to change that culture for the worse I guess it’s up to Shaggy what type of board he wants to run.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That’s a bunch crud. Go read it. Go line by line. He was giving his honest opinion of matchups. Was he wrong? Sure. But he wasn’t arrogant. He wasn’t trolling. He wasn’t mean-spirited. If you read it that way, maybe you’re projecting . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which is it? You have some people saying "Let's treat the visitors nicely" and "This place used to be friendly" and on the other your saying it's smack talk. While if it's smack talk he's going to get some back.

I haven't seen anything remotely wrong with any of the replies to the guy, some people are going way over the top with the "lets be nice" stuff.
Yes, “let’s be nice” is a problem now . . . jebus.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again newb, that’s not how this board works. Historically we’ve carried ourselves with more class. You haven’t been here long enough to know our culture. If people want to change that culture for the worse I guess it’s up to Shaggy what type of board he wants to run.

I've been here 21 months. I think I have some idea what this board is about.

Certainly there are some that make big deals over nothing, such as calling out fellow members they have known for years for no real reason for a drive by rival fan for example.

I'm still yet to see an actual bad reply to El Sal.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s a bunch crud. Go read it. Go line by line. He was giving his honest opinion of matchups. Was he wrong? Sure. But he wasn’t arrogant. He wasn’t trolling. He wasn’t mean-spirited. If you read it that way, maybe you’re projecting . . .
And what he received were honest replies.

If you put on your Cardinals shirt, your Cardinals cap, your Cardinals face paint and your big red Go Cards foam finger and walk down the street your just being a fan.

You do the same thing and walk into a Seahawks bar and you're looking to provoke a response.

I've seen opposing fans come here and make reasoned polite posts many times. This wasn't one of them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've been here 21 months. I think I have some idea what this board is about.
Not trying to call you out or anything, but I think you've caught a different view of some posters having only been here for one regime, coming off of one of the worst seasons we've ever had, following the first season with a controversial head coaching hire that wasn't particularly successful.

Not that I expect you to do a comprehensive review of my post history, but I'm not sure I spoke a negative word about this team up until the end of the Wilks season. Through the Arians years, there was a lot of positivity here, and I even feel like the majority of the Whisenhunt era was positive until we started to backslide a bit into "the system works" territory.

I'll never forget teenage me telling my dad that Jason McAddley had all of the tools to be a #1 WR in the league, and thinking Kevin Kasper was our diamond in the rough.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not trying to call you out or anything, but I think you've caught a different view of some posters having only been here for one regime, coming off of one of the worst seasons we've ever had, following the first season with a controversial head coaching hire that wasn't particularly successful.

Not that I expect you to do a comprehensive review of my post history, but I'm not sure I spoke a negative word about this team up until the end of the Wilks season. Through the Arians years, there was a lot of positivity here, and I even feel like the majority of the Whisenhunt era was positive until we started to backslide a bit into "the system works" territory.

I'll never forget teenage me telling my dad that Jason McAddley had all of the tools to be a #1 WR in the league, and thinking Kevin Kasper was our diamond in the rough.

I have no problem with you, @Stout or @Ouchie-Z-Clown (or anyone else here).

In fact, all 3 of you are some of the more inciteful and interesting posters here. I have in fact defended and agreed with all 3 of you at various points.

The recent handbag fight has gotten out of control. There has been too much negativity this off season about some things but there's still plenty of time for you to be proved right.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem with you, @Stout or @Ouchie-Z-Clown (or anyone else here).

In fact, all 3 of you are some of the more inciteful and interesting posters here. I have in fact defended and agreed with all 3 of you at various points.

The recent handbag fight has gotten out of control. There has been too much negativity this off season about some things but there's still plenty of time for you to be proved right.

"Handbag fight".....

Monty Python images just popped into my head.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

HA! I remember believing the garbage that McAddley was going to be good.

As much as some people have dumped on the Cardinals lately, those years were some of the worst I've ever seen. I think it was the 2002 Cardinals that had the worst rosters I've ever seen. That team had so little talent at every position group. Levar Woods played a ton of snaps at LB. Bryan Gilmore was viewed as a legitimate starting option at WR.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson