Cardinals at Titans postgame thread

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Maybe everyone will think more positive of Kirk now. It has always been the 'rule' that WRs don't breakout until year 3. Several have gone against the curve the last couple years. But reality leans much more towards the 3 year rule for most.

If Greene can play pretty good this season, we will be a real threat to pass defenses. If not, and he is over the hill, hopefully we can find a 3rd WR next year in FA, by trade, or in the draft.

I think Kyler really impressed a lot of sceptics regarding his arm and overall passing ability today. He looked as good as anyone could have dreamed of. I am glad he can scramble so well, I think that masks a lot of miscues by our Oline and will keep him from getting punished in the pocket a great deal, as so many of our previous QBs had experienced. It would be nice if he could have a lengthy Fran Tarkington type of career.
I watched Fran run and in all fairness he outran really slow guys compared to what Kyler is up against. That being said, I wish K1 a lengthy career also.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you all think JJ did?

I thought he was good. One of the things with Watt is he can play "inside" in the 3-4 and hold up on the run and he still has the ability to get outside on a pass rush. We were playing Golden inside on passing downs to try and get a pass rush for the most part he got picked up but he's so relentless he had a few pressures, but when JJ was in there it was just different they were allocating more guys to him.

If we can manage how many plays I'm excited. Also Fotu and lawrence had their moments inside and man was I impressed with the return of Corey Peters having had that injury I'm amazed at how good he was man I wish his TD had counted

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been a fan for 57 years now, and today was one of our best opening day wins EVER! But, it’s only one week. I just hope we’re ready for a desperate & pissed off Vikings team next week. I was telling my wife before the game that the Cardinals will be pallbearers at my funeral so they can let me down one last time.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was good. One of the things with Watt is he can play "inside" in the 3-4 and hold up on the run and he still has the ability to get outside on a pass rush. We were playing Golden inside on passing downs to try and get a pass rush for the most part he got picked up but he's so relentless he had a few pressures, but when JJ was in there it was just different they were allocating more guys to him.

If we can manage how many plays I'm excited. Also Fotu and lawrence had their moments inside and man was I impressed with the return of Corey Peters having had that injury I'm amazed at how good he was man I wish his TD had counted
Would have been great for the big guy to get that TD

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude you’re outta control. It was all about whether they would be healthy or not. But you’ll ignore that because you’re acting like a freaking 5 year old.
No acting like a 5 year old was your brother when he PMed me after game one in 2019. I told him what to eat.

The Darksiders all talked about "reality" the past few weeks and you guys looking dead wrong after week one. Just nice to see you guys were wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I loved most about today’s game was how dominant the offense was WITHOUT Murray running wild. Last season, our great offensive games saw Kyler more often then not really moving the ball and keeping D off balance by getting big chunks on the ground to help open up the passing game.

today, he led an absolutely DOMINANT offensive performance with his arm, while using his legs not for chunks, but to buy time and then make GREAT throws on the run.

I also love how much we threw the ball down field.

and this is kinda sad to post, but I loved that I didn’t miss Larry AT ALL.

That’s saying a ton about my all time favorite Cardinal. He had his time and I love him for it, but we’re on to a new era. And today’s game definitely has me much more juiced up for it than I have been the entire off-season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I’ve been a fan for 57 years now, and today was one of our best opening day wins EVER! But, it’s only one week. I just hope we’re ready for a desperate & pissed off Vikings team next week. I was telling my wife before the game that the Cardinals will be pallbearers at my funeral so they can let me down one last time.
Just get cremated. We've been burnt so many times anyway.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
While I'm not one to rub it in its also annoying to spend several months being told your wrong for thinking several things are positive.

So I understand why Krang might feel he's earned the right.
Yep.

Its annoying when their beliefs are reality and everyone else is just being a "kool aider".

I saw this game coming. The WR corps is stacked with talent, OL is solid, and Murray is going to likely be the best QB the Cardinals have ever had. The defense has lots of talent too.

Not going to let the darksiders walk around cheering without a mention that they were wrong. Its a long season, but today they look wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's a little early for a victory dance, man. But, ultimately, none of the "darksiders" wanted the team to lose. You're on a weird run today.
It is a bit early but we were told all offseason that if we believed we were drinking the Kool aid.

I've been around this team long enough to know when a real bad season is coming and there aren't really the indicators this year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What I loved most about today’s game was how dominant the offense was WITHOUT Murray running wild. Last season, our great offensive games saw Kyler more often then not really moving the ball and keeping D off balance by getting big chunks on the ground to help open up the passing game.

today, he led an absolutely DOMINANT offensive performance with his arm, while using his legs not for chunks, but to buy time and then make GREAT throws on the run.

I also love how much we threw the ball down field.

and this is kinda sad to post, but I loved that I didn’t miss Larry AT ALL.

That’s saying a ton about my all time favorite Cardinal. He had his time and I love him for it, but we’re on to a new era. And today’s game definitely has me much more juiced up for it than I have been the entire off-season.

agree...been waiting to see Kyler mature into a quarterback who can buy time to throw instead of a scat back who can pass.
that one Barry Sanders esque side to side scramble in the second quarter was awesome.
Kyler throws such a casual deep ball...I am also glad to see it actually happening in games...maybe kliff learned to play to his teams strengths?? It looked like it today.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It is a bit early but we were told all offseason that if we believed we were drinking the Kool aid.

I've been around this team long enough to know when a real bad season is coming and there aren't really the indicators this year.
All good man, I never felt that belief was a bad thing, my only irritation was considering "ifs" as truths from some fans. Today inspired some hope in me.

This was a great start overall. But, every team in our division is looking really good as of the end of the 1st in LA.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Outside of the penalties it was a good game. The team needs to clean that up. My only complaint.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose