Quick Thoughts - Tennessee

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Gonna crap on the team a bit to start:

~Be on the look out for pre snap issues. Too many penalties and burned timeouts. Still happened throughout the game. Doesnt look like this was fixed over the offseason and normally does not resolve itself during the season.

~Don’t remember, but it looks like Hicks played more snaps than Collins. Either way, Hicks was the superior player. On top of being named Captain by his peers, sounds like Hicks’s DC also believes him to be the better player to this point. Was dumb when Collins was pronounced the starter and stated that they’d look to trade Hicks.

~People wrote off Chandler Jones too early. People dont realize that biceps injuries aren’t necessarily career breakers for pass rushers, even older ones. Had he been recovering from a meniscus, ACL, etc, then it’s a different story, but anyone who has paid attention to Chandler throughout his career knew that he was more likely to be dominant again than dormant. Keim looks like a fool for not getting that extension done. Now, it might be near impossible.

~Rondale Moore is going to break off a return for a TD this year. It seemed like he was going to pop one all game. Dude’s fast and has tremendous field awareness.

~No surprise that the same year that we get Hudson, the line is better and deeper than we’ve seen in years. Dude just stabilizes everything

~Kyler played his most complete game as a Cardinal. That’s encouraging, even against a sub average pass defense

~Edmonds and Conner look quick

~Byron Murphy will probably have 1000 PDs before he gets an INT, but that’s not a bad thing

~Team looked much more composed. I still dont trust Kliff, but it looked much more managed than last season

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't expect that kind of performance, it was so fun to watch it, both sides of the ball

The few things i didnt like

-Early penalties
-confusions/burning timouts
-aj Green had two plays where he could do better
Red zone deflection where he let the defender knocking the ball out of him
Second one where he couldn't keep his left foot on the field
- dj Humphries looked the weak part of the line today
- tight ends drops, false start
-kicker, an easy 43yards kick with no pressure, missed

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree but AJ was a mess. 2 obvious mental errors and only 2 catches for 24 yards on 6 targets.
Ehhh 3 of those targets just weren’t good throws and he got 2 PI calls. My only complaint is not keeping his foot in on that one first down completion. Have to be more aware.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Line looked good. The did the RG rotation again. Will be interesting to see what the issue is with BEachum.

Why do we use TEs so often but don't sign good ones to the roster?

Kirk looks more comfortable in the slot. Will see if it lasts.

Interested to see Hicks snap counts. Collins and Simmons as well.

Wilson seemed to play base def contrary to reports. Alford in sub.

I think this is what people wanted to see out of the secondary. I love how Murphy contests everything.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
we can make this the problem thread:

i thought running the ball was just okay. i didnt help that the first two runs with K1 on the edge were called back by holds on Rondale Moore and AJ Green.

the Titans were in the same D the Cards saw most of the second half of the season: two high safeties and an extra DB in one of the LB slots. I think the handoff running game needs to be better

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cincy doesn’t miss him but we could do worse. He’ll be fine.
Yeah, I thought he at least forced the Titans to account for him. Just between the hold and the foot out of bounds I was a bit disappointed in his lack of mental focus.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The issues were the penalties and the substitution issues. Pretty much all I got. AJ was more of a meh for me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not an official stat but but drew 2 PI’ s which I’ll take all day

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want a gif of that Connor run where he gained zero yards but trucked the hell out of that defender... it was awesome
Double stiff arm
Didn't put impressive stats but i was impressed with his toughness and vision
Certainly is not a burner, below average quickness but solid, a nice complement to Edwards

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issues were the penalties and the substitution issues. Pretty much all I got. AJ was more of a meh for me.
It’s not an official stat but but drew 2 PI’ s which I’ll take all day

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, if you weren’t even a little bit sad that Fitz wasn’t on the team for the first time since 2003, you aren’t human.

Fitz hasn’t been on the team the last two years. Hopkins, Green, Kirk, Moore. Who you talking off for Fitz?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA