Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Next Three Days

Release Date: November 19, 2010
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Paul Haggis
Screenwriter: Paul Haggis
Genre: Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence, drug material, language, some sexuality and thematic elements)

Starring: Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Brian Dennehy, RZA, Moran Atias, Lennie James, Allan Steele, Ty Simpkins, Leslie McCombs, Jason Beghe, Aisha Hinds, Kathy Fitzgerald, Olivia Wilde, Jonathan Tucker, Remy Nozik, Daniel Stern

Plot Summary: Life seems perfect for John Brennan until his wife, Lara, is arrested for a gruesome murder she says she didn't commit. Three years into her sentence, John is struggling to hold his family together, raising their son and teaching at college while he pursues every means available to prove her innocence. With the rejection of their final appeal, Lara becomes suicidal and John decides there is only one possible, bearable solution: to break his wife out of prison. Refusing to be deterred by impossible odds or his own inexperience, John devises an elaborate escape plot and plunges into a dangerous and unfamiliar world, ultimately risking everything for the woman he loves.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got back about an hour ago.

Russell Crowe was his usual stellar self. The rest of the cast was pretty good IMO.

The movie overall though was kind of tough to sit through. I didn't realize it was almost 2.5 hours long. About an hour and forty five minutes of which is building up to to the end. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was painfully slow at times.

I liked it but not a lot and I would have much rather waited for video.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular, but well worth my time.

Coulda waited for the Blu-Ray.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I only went to see it for three reasons--I was in Pittsburgh for a gig and had to waste time between the job and evening fun, it was a long movie and would help pass more time, and it was filmed in Pittsburgh.

That said, I thought it was a lot of fun, and better than a lot of drek out there in theaters. Yes, a criticism can be made that it's really two movies, but I found it refreshingly unique. A jailbreak movie from the no-name, normal husband's point of view? Good stuff.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that I was almost in it and that my buddy's wife was Elizabeth Banks' stand-in :D

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intense, good acting and enjoyable. No Oscars here, but I didn't regret the entry price.

3.5 out of 5 stars

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD because quite frankly, I'd watch Elizabeth Banks eat a bowl of cornflakes.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Got back about an hour ago.

Russell Crowe was his usual stellar self. The rest of the cast was pretty good IMO.

The movie overall though was kind of tough to sit through. I didn't realize it was almost 2.5 hours long. About an hour and forty five minutes of which is building up to to the end. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was painfully slow at times.

I liked it but not a lot and I would have much rather waited for video.

Yeah, it was a bit long for the plot, but the last 30 minutes or so were worth the wait. Loved the ending.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I only went to see it for three reasons--I was in Pittsburgh for a gig and had to waste time between the job and evening fun, it was a long movie and would help pass more time, and it was filmed in Pittsburgh.

That said, I thought it was a lot of fun, and better than a lot of drek out there in theaters. Yes, a criticism can be made that it's really two movies, but I found it refreshingly unique. A jailbreak movie from the no-name, normal husband's point of view? Good stuff.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that I was almost in it and that my buddy's wife was Elizabeth Banks' stand-in :D

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this! I THINK I remember which buddy's wife was her stand-in, but I can't remember how I was almost involved. Eh, this was my "face on billboards and websites for a community college and eating hot dogs in car commercials" phase, so who knows lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson