Captains have been announced

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hudson & Watt came quick
Sort of telling about this team's psyche if two guys just joined the team and the guys in their first year get anointed as a captain. I know it's JJ Watt and his presence is legendary and Hudson has his persona, but it took Hopkins a year to earn his stripes... seems like a team without a rudder to accept those guys so quick into the proverbial brotherhood towards the front

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sort of telling about this team's psyche if two guys just joined the team and the guys in their first year get anointed as a captain. I know it's JJ Watt and his presence is legendary and Hudson has his persona, but it took Hopkins a year to earn his stripes... seems like a team without a rudder to accept those guys so quick into the proverbial brotherhood towards the front
Keim draft philosophy is about getting guys team captains hard worker, so it translate for free agency too
So they are captains even before joining the team

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s way off base. True leadership can happen immediately. It doesn’t necessarily take time to earn. Especially from two people that already have a proven resume, track record and history in the league. Hopkins had no bearing on what impact these 2 had locker room wise.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Cardinal FO theme of the 2020 offseason is "Leadership!!".

sure suggests there were locker room issues last year with certain guys. I would love to hear the stories

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
the Hicks captain status feels like the players sending a message to Keim
Maybe, maybe not. Either way I think it can only be a good thing that Hicks was voted a captain. Shows the level of respect these guys in the locker room have for each other and that they got each others back. Better than the alternative!

Reaction score
the Hicks captain status feels like the players sending a message to Keim

I think it's more a testament to his leadership in the locker room. The reason he was demoted so to speak is because his skills on the field have deteriorated. No message to send to Keim. He already knows he's a great locker room guy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s in the HOF?

no not yet

but I would say 8x pro bowler, 3x All NFL and a member of the all decade team he gots a damn good shot at putting on that jacket

but yeah guys who are soft usually end up with resumes like that in a brutal sport like football

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no not yet

but I would say 8x pro bowler, 3x All NFL and a member of the all decade team he gots a damn good shot at putting on that jacket

but yeah guys who are soft usually end up with resumes like that in a brutal sport like football
His resume has no bearing on being soft. Shoot a real HOFer Dion was always referred to as soft. And guess what? It was true...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave