So sick of coaches cliches

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WAtching the NFL Network and you hear the same crap from every head coach about his team.
1. The most overused word? Excited. They are excited about everything and everyone.Are they not at least disappointed in one player?
2. I really like the energy this team brings each and everyday.
3. I love the attitude in this group of guys.
4. I’m looking for big things from player X.

I know they can’t go into an interview a day they stink. But I will bet you could look back at last years interviews and hear the same exact thing.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
WAtching the NFL Network and you hear the same crap from every head coach about his team.
1. The most overused word? Excited. They are excited about everything and everyone.Are they not at least disappointed in one player?

I know they can’t go into an interview a day they stink. But I will bet you could look back at last years interviews and hear the same exact thing.

They know KK is on the hot seat, so they want to start interviewing for his position now. :cool:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

'Definitely' but 'at the end of the day' you have 'to work hard' 'taking it a game at a time'... but 'but we will correct the mistakes and get better' because 'we are only scratching the surface' :)

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

What are they supposed to say ?

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How it started:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How it's going:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
it sounds like you need to keep your nose to the grindstone, keep the blinders on, keep chopping wood. I got past these cliches because I didn’t blink.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I present the King of the cliche

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stopped watching all of this side show stuff. This forum sustains me through the week, and watch the game only

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are they supposed to say ?
How about just once in while they tell the truth.
1. We looked sluggish today.
2. Not everyone was focused today.
3. we need to get better.

You can’t tell me every guy and every practice is drop dead fantastic. Arians called out his offense a few weeks back saying they stunk.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How about just once in while they tell the truth.
1. We looked sluggish today.
2. Not everyone was focused today.
3. we need to get better.

You can’t tell me every guy and every practice is drop dead fantastic. Arians called out his offense a few weeks back saying they stunk.
You can't do that. Some of them might get their precious little feelings hurt and up and retire. Oh, never mind, Butler already did that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mostly just watch the games. Press conferences are primarily useless IMO. The only actual information will be tweeted anyway.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is at times but I can’t stand pre game shows. Waste of time as much as a sideline reporter
My breaking point was the Super Bowl pregame. Nothing but woke BS. I immediately turned it off

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Dave McGinnis spoke in nothing but clichés. FYI - he's the color commentator for the Titans radio network now.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well if you want in the hall of fame, join the nfln! marginal coaches, players and owners get the nod over more complete professional careers. is it a production or popularity contest?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose